Samsung diodes board owners and experienced growers post your GPWs here

I just ordered one qb288 kit from growers lights. The thing that stings is the US to AUD conversion plus the $80 AUD shipping on top.
All in it cost me around $350 AUD for one 135w (actual) board. Doesn't bother me though as I was after quality with a long life expectancy.

I'm guessing you would want at least two, which would work out around $550 I'm guessing.

I'll post results when I'm done but it's early days for me yet as I'm still in early veg.

HLG have 49 USD flat rate international shipping, I got a shipping quote from growers lights on 65 USD per kit...

I tried HLG first but it was 59 USD shipping for some reason and growers quoted me 57.
Growers got back to me a lot faster initially too, but then took 4 days to finalize my order.

I had my 4x 135w kits shipped to me for 49 USD from HLG, got them 10 days after I ordered, this was last year so maybe shipping fees changed since ;)

Digikey have free international shipping on orders over $60, and I got my strips 4 days after I ordered them :)

Im in.
Still havent pulled the trigger on purchase because i run a 3'x3' and am looking for something to cover either that or a 4'x4'.
Any advice apreciated.
Spark.
We'll I'm liking what's happening in my tent right now with my 9 120qbs. Been running 3000k from solo cups and vegged for 6 weeks thru 3 weeks flowering and this is what I got

Thats pretty darn impressive Derbybud. Not sure i caught it the first time- what size tent you running again? It looks like a 4x4...maybe 5x5?
But i love the way that you have them laid out with a nice full coverage. I was honestly thinkin along the same lines (sort of) cuz i was lookin at cobs and was planning to do a 9 cob array over 3x3 or 4x4 but keep seeing and hearing about the QB's wich i think would be better for tent growing as far as coverage, but i also been hearing of a few people having problems with bleaching because they didnt have the height in their tents to raise their lights (cob style) high enough. Therefore, it seems like you guys running QB's can get them boards alot closer, and the plants actually dig it because there arent any, or not many hot spots being emitted by the qb's. Am i right?
One more noob question if i may?
How is the heat coming off of them boards? I live in VERY SUNNY southern California and dont like running the a/c too much in the summer, but i can. I have a 4" extraction fan hooked-up and pullin air through a carbon filter (neighbors) wich usually keeps me in the 80-85 range as a high.
Again, i apreciate the time, and any input.
Im out.
Spark.

How is the heat coming off of them boards? I live in VERY SUNNY southern California and dont like running the a/c too much in the summer, but i can. I have a 4" extraction fan hooked-up and pullin air through a carbon filter (neighbors) wich usually keeps me in the 80-85 range as a high.

You should be more than fine with that, these boards give off very little heat, go for covering every 2x2 of space with around 300 diodes.

so, were you happy with the yields and or how they turned out?
I'd like to hear your impressions

Very happy with the yield, the only issue was genetic instability which is to be expected when growing from seed, though it's the first time I got a male from a fem seed...
Having room for 8-9 plants of this size could yield up to a kilo with the right strain/cut and even more in SoG, but I'm more interested in getting superior trichs and terps, which these lights are perfect for with the high intensity and low operating temperature.

The QB's are awesome, no noise, little heat and a lot of light, a serious step up from my blurples.
Still using blurples in my other tent but I'm replacing them with light strips from Samsung :)

Only problem is that it's rather unpleasant to bang ones head agains the corners of these heatsinks, which is inevitable :bongrip:

Something I've noticed with mine is a bit of a voltage creep.
Because my plants are still getting used to the light I've been slowly turning it up every day. It seems to creep up between 2 - 5 watts from what I've set it at. Not sure if this is normal electronics behavior or not. It runs 24 hours too, so its not as if it's reacting to getting hot, as its always hot (well, very warm).

Thats pretty darn impressive Derbybud. Not sure i caught it the first time- what size tent you running again? It looks like a 4x4...maybe 5x5?
But i love the way that you have them laid out with a nice full coverage. I was honestly thinkin along the same lines (sort of) cuz i was lookin at cobs and was planning to do a 9 cob array over 3x3 or 4x4 but keep seeing and hearing about the QB's wich i think would be better for tent growing as far as coverage, but i also been hearing of a few people having problems with bleaching because they didnt have the height in their tents to raise their lights (cob style) high enough. Therefore, it seems like you guys running QB's can get them boards alot closer, and the plants actually dig it because there arent any, or not many hot spots being emitted by the qb's. Am i right?
One more noob question if i may?
Again, i apreciate the time, and any input.
Im out.
Spark.
Hey Sparks sorry I'm just getting back with ya but this new site is killing me on what journals I'm in. Any how with my qb120s I get hardly any heat off them. I run my drivers outside my tent and my boards stay right over my plants. Like within 4-6 inches. I never have gotten burn or bleach marks on my plants and they love my light. I don't know if you would have to run your a.c. or not but it you have good air flow I would think not. They are remarkable boards for what I was looking for and wanted and I'm truly please with what I'm seeing with this grow. If you have other questions stop by my journal of you can't find me here
Derbybud

Here is some Trainwreck i've been running for awhile now.

Just keeps getting better and better under the QBs. I also added a 5000k cob to my rig with great results. The plant is just straight dank now. Very resinous and frosty. Filter can't keep up, super super terpy in this soil. Potency is there after dry no cure. After a few hits its time to put it down. This strain needs a cure for the flavors to develop tho.

I wish i could give you exact numbers on the yield, but i only grow for personal use so i rarely weigh out anything. For this trainwreck i can only handle about 3 grams a day or its space mountain for me but i got things to do. I run SOG no training my best guess would be 20-25 grams dry. As far as wattage goes, the 304s are running at 80 watts each, with the Citizen 1212 Gen 5 at 23 watts. Does excellent in my space.

Edit: Thats 20-25 grams per plant. Plant height average 24 inches.

Back
Top Bottom