Say Cheese You CBD Mass Afghan Cow! RDWC LED Grow

New Week! Time for the first of many DF!

1566818924523.png

1566818932340.png

Also tied down the plants more.. The Cow (left) is such a stubby and bushy lil plant. Will be nice when she starts to grow out.. It's hard to train her! ;p

1566818970193.png

1566818973493.png

The tops haven't rooted yet.. nor have the died.. =p

1566819054969.png

I was going to change the res but it's not quite low enough to need to change it so I'll give it a day or so and then reup it

Okay, thanks for the update. That reminds me, lol, I was at Mom's house yesterday and saw that she'd stuck another tag-end of a piece of celery in a cup of water on her window sill and caused it to produce five little "plants" (mini jungle ;) ). I had her cut them off (she'd left them attached too long and the base was beginning to stink) and throw them into a sandwich baggie so I could bring them home to root for her. Whoops, forgot and left them laying on the counter. Time to go stick them in cups so they'll "unwilt," stand back up, and grow roots.

Lil update as I haven't had anything other than the usual.. Did a res change midweek last week went with the next feedign in sked.

The usual z7 / Flora / Calimagic and upped the MicroGroBloom to 120/120/60mL. Left me with a 1380ppm and after circulating ended in the 1030 range and has stayed that way for the past few days. Water goes down and ppm stays the same. Heres an updated shot.. they're filling back in nicely.

1567283503862.png

Another Defol day! Here's some before shots..

1567633011590.png

1567633004640.png

And after.. I also retied down the new growth

1567632983449.png

1567632997772.png

The Right (CBD Mass) plant is def showing a lot more of her genetics.. However it doesn't make sense to me..
  • 80% Indica; 20% Sativa
Vs the Afghan Cow which is
  • 75% Sativa with up to 22% THC - Very Strong

Guess they're both pulling their lesser genetics first! The joy of growing!

And for the random part of the Journal.. The outdoor Purple Kush.

1567633489612.png

And a closeup of the buds
1567633427553.png

She's about 7' tall. Def not as purple as my Indoor grow of the same seeds
1567633601585.png

But she's purple! I believe the purple comes more as the nights get cooler but I doubt she'll be outside when that happens.. The leaves are already starting to become less.. green which usually means it's almost time.

Over the next few days I'll do a res change and bump up the nutrients.. The Res is holding steady at 1030ppm with the water level going down so they're def eating.. I don't want to push the nutrients like I usually do.. Just let them do their thing.

All for now!

Full res change again today.. Also bumped up the nutrients

I mixed the part 1 and part 2 of the z7.. hopefully that doesn't affect anything.. 7mL of each
60mL of CaliMag
12mL of Flora
120mL Micro and Gro and 60mL of Bloom

put me at 1390ppm and is now circulating and is down to 1220. Prob hit the 1100 mark once it's all circulated.

1567870001789.png

Next piece of the puzzle will be the SCROG which I'll probably string tonight.

All for now!

Scrog installed..

1568140844686.png

I'm not really sure what the use of this will be =/ other than support.. as the plant is already as wide as the scrog but I'll get some use I'm sure.. and try to keep it all one level. the Cow needs to catch up!

I'll also trim out the undergrowth once the canopy is set. For now they will just grow.. I think the defoils are done for now unless it gets super cramped in there.. once the Cow catches up I'll flip over to flower.. but I may flip in a week even if she isn't and I'll just rely on the stretch to fill in with.

Time for the big switch to flower! Tonight I'll shut off the lights early and hit 12/12. With this I did a res change and upped the nutrients.. the ph kept falling to 5.4 on the last res fill so figured why not just swap it out.. and I hope with this the Cow will catch up in height!

The only change in nutrients is 90mL of each Micro Grow Bloom. setting now at

1210 / 67 / 5.9

I'll drop that down to 5.8 if it doesn't fall by itself tomorrow. Im also going to do another defoil later in the week and trim out some of the undergrowth once the stretch happens.

heres some updated shots

1568499772502.png

1568499775530.png

1568499778732.png

And the purple outside is filling in nicely

1568499790230.png

1568499794654.png

Time for an update! Today I did a full res change.. I've been just adding clear water to the res to offset what they're drinking.. I've also been fighting with the ph.. keeps dropping down below 5.8 (down to 5.4 this am) so I've been raising when I can.

The Cow has finally caught up to the top of the net but is certainly farther behind. Once this one is done I think I'll upgrade to a 4x4 tent and focus on one strain rather than two. or maybe I will just focus on one strain in this same setup.. I just want more room to work with.

Res is circulating at 1160/70/5.9 once the water cools and ph stabilizes I'll adjust.. but looks good right here with the ph dropping recently. here's what went into the res
z7
12ml of Floralicious and Liquid Koolbloom
60 calimag
90/30/120 micro / gro / bloom

Here's some updated shots.

1569270189925.png

1569270197138.png

Once the cow catches up more I'll trim the under side as best as I can.

I've let these plants go on their own for a week and I open up the tent... and go wait.. what the... what is that?! grrr

1570041714165.png

I'm thinking this is a male plant.. can't recall if I ever had a male plant before.. but if this is (asking for anyone to confirm for me) it's getting the boot =( this is the cow (left) plant

confirmed.. it's a male =(
so this

1570042277137.png

Is now this!

1570042246953.png

Time to trim up the and try and pull the other more towards the left to get a better coverage =( stupid males!

Not sure how this will work.. but only one way to find out lol.. Took some of the taller and just threw them down .. they're quite pliable.. and thinned it out some.. was wanting to do more trimming but I just don't think it's necessary right now.. gonna do a complete res change next and will do the same feeding as last time but doubling the koolbloom.

I'll also try out the new UVB lamp I got prob in a week or so.. maybe two weeks. will see how the blooms look. That'll be a trial and error I'm sure ;p

1570043638447.png

Just my opinion, remove your scrog, get rid of the unused reservoir and center the other res, reinstall scrog as low as you can get it and switch to flower sooner then later.

heh.. I'm already week 2 or 3 of flower ;) and I 'thought' about doing that.. but just way to much plumbing to deal with one plant.. my luck I'd break off branches trying to rearrange.. just gotta work with what I go =)

Quick update..

I wanted to trim out the underside but like always it's just to much work to get in there and work around so I'm just gonna leave the plant be.. This will also prob be my last grow for the year as I just don't have the free time like I used to.. Did a full res change and refilled with same nutrients as last time.. I also have turned on the UV light for an hr.. will run that and see how it goes for a week and bump up to 2 or 3 hrs next week. here's an updated shot.. the stretch took it all the way up into the lights but I bent them down and they seem to be sticking down.. tomorrow if they pulled up I'll tie them down.

1570819171292.png

Things are in auto pilot right now.. nothing really interesting going on in this.. One thing that has happened once again is the 1 plant has taken over the tent... which I guess is a good thing.. but I need more height! I had been running the UVB light 3hrs mid cycle but noticed today the leaves are starting to get burt.. oops..

1571596251110.png

I didn't think this UVB would work in this tent due to the size.. only the back side is getting it so I think I'll leave it off till the very last week or two.. Hopefully those back buds bounce back.. sorry girl!

here's an updated tent shot

1571596348537.png

When I get more time to do another grow next year I'm def staying away from the tall breeds. And going to stick with two of the same.. I may just stay with one plant.. they just explode in size.. which I guess is a good thing!

I do want to get a 4x4 tent.. or heck even a 8x8 so I have room to walk around.. just don't have the space =(

Update Tent Shot. She is still stretchin! I tied down the one tall stalk on the far right to hopefully get more buds.

1572438815681.png

Nutrients today I cut out the Gro of the trio so

Full res change with z7 and bumped the KoolBloom up to 60mL which is where the calimag already was. The Floralicious is still 12mL

80mL Micro and 180mL of the Gro

Since I'm coming close to the end of this grow I am gonna put the UVB back on for an hr.. I turned it more to direct the light across everything so will see how that goes..

all for now!

Final feeding if the grow .. did just Micro / Bloom (60/180) mL and Florialicious 14mL.. This will prob be the last photo of the grow as well as I'll be chopping down and handing off the chopped branches to a friend to handle as I'll be traveling next week. was a fun an learnful grow.. next grow (which won't be for a few months (maybe later)) will be 1 plant if it's a taller breed or 2 autos. This one you can see how it grew and then fell over onto the void.. which is fine.. they're nice and plump! just not how I thought this would go. but successful grow none the less!

1574028816460.png

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom