Science Experiment Of Cannabis Seed Production Theory!

Not a experiment i think i would try out myself but im strangly interested in the outcomes of this :cheesygrinsmiley:. Going to hang about to gain a bit of info if thats cool?
Whats peoples thoughts on the stability of these seeds? Not sure if its chance or not but ive personally found the healthier and less stressed the host plant the better the resulting seeds.
Generally agree with you , although if you want to minimize risk of herms you have to stress the mother a little, unless you are working with a stable strain. Then yes healthier is better for sure .

Not a experiment i think i would try out myself but im strangly interested in the outcomes of this :cheesygrinsmiley:. Going to hang about to gain a bit of info if thats cool?
Whats peoples thoughts on the stability of these seeds? Not sure if its chance or not but ive personally found the healthier and less stressed the host plant the better the resulting seeds.
I have wondered the same. I guess the only way to test it is by growing a control and then growing them out? It's also possible that if the seed is in development while the plant is stressed, it might gain some survival mechanisms? Isn't it?

Generally agree with you , although if you want to minimize risk of herms you have to stress the mother a little, unless you are working with a stable strain. Then yes healthier is better for sure .
I have been binge reading breeding manuals these past few days. I have a question. If you cross two landrace plants from the same region, surely the biodiversity is more important than the stability of the seeds? I know if you are breeding for yield then other factors become important. How many times would one inter-breed to reach optimal stability? I'm conflicted and confused.

I have been binge reading breeding manuals these past few days. I have a question. If you cross two landrace plants from the same region, surely the biodiversity is more important than the stability of the seeds? I know if you are breeding for yield then other factors become important. How many times would one inter-breed to reach optimal stability? I'm conflicted and confused.
Yes. When breeding landraces it's definitely not for yield. Land races in particular hermie a lot. It's their survival strategy.

I suppose it depends on what you want to breed for. If you have a large company and already had your desirable traits in the starting mother or father you probably wouldnt want to diversify and would be purely breeding for stability(bx).
To someone like myself i would always prefer the diversity but to 90% of my friends they want a seed to perform exactly the same as the one next to it.

Yeah theres some conflicting info regarding backcrossing out there :rofl:
I go on the info a single bx is 50% homozygous and a x3bx is up to 90%, from my experiance this seems to be correct.

Hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge will drop in.

20191011_171500.jpg

You can see the seed developing more.
I also cut down the mother today, but I did leave the 1 branch that is growing some seeds on the main stalk to ripen up more before I gather the seeds.

Over the last few days I ended up picking off all the seeds I could find. Ended up with 19 seeds. Not bad for the 1st attempt. Now for the experiment to actually start. Branches dont have any seeds left on them and are back in 18/6 light cycle, let see if they start to veg out or die. Remember these branches got harvested off the mother at day 76... then lived in a cup of water since then.

We are going to see if its possible to veg them again and then flower them again to see if they will naturally produce more seeds without any new or newly applied pollen. Im sure I know what will happenz but this is one of these why not experiences lol if anything, we learn a little something. Maybe!

Old thread update.

I didn't have a better thread space to post this lol

@Emilya

Can we grow seeds while in Veg from the Pre Flower Pistols? YUP.

I used a male to pollenate this entire tent while in VEG after I seen a decent amount of Pre Flower Pistols...

The results is, I've got lots of fully formed seeds and also growing buds for consumption....

20220222_042418.jpg
20220222_042601.jpg
20220222_042615.jpg

I would have to caution ⚠️ tho that if your not careful doing this, you could end up with a tent of seeds only...

Just wanted to get this info out to people. I can't remember what thread we had all been discussing this previously.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom