Screwed up my garden, kinda

spysmasherr

So I started two plants in hydro Gorilla and Swiss Cheese auto. Both doing great after having root rot problems last year. Gorila started budding about 2 weeks ago but not the Swiss. Now I'mpretty sure the Swiss wasn't an auto, just a fem. So I adjusted my light schedule from 18/6 to 12/12 to get the Swiss to flower. I was wondering once the Swiss starts flowering can I increase my light from 12/12 to something like 13/11 or 14/12 ...this way I get more light to Gorilla which is auto and hope to keep the Swiss in the flowering stage. Thanks in advance.
spy

Snds good. I knew the Gorilla auto would de fine on 12/12. I really was asking because once the Swiss goes flower I didn't want it to go back to veg. So I'll just go with the 12/12 and hope the Swiss cheese starts flowering in a week or so. I must say my plants are SUPER healthy. The Gorilla auto is drinking about a gallon almost every 2 days. To avoid root rot I am changing hydro bath every week, using flora guard and I have some black covers that go over the base area of the plant to keep light from hitting the water. The gorilla is huge. So much fun. Just like GODZILLA !!! :)

spy

So I think I figured out why my plants are so huge. My timed light switch got switched somehow...we had tornadoes and tons of power outages in my region the last few months. So the light was on 24/7 Yikes. Just fixed it . Those plants must real tired. Haven't slept in weeks !!!

spy

So another question which I proable know the answer but just double checking. Since the Swiss Cheese I thought was an auto but most likely a fem...Has anyone tried switching from a hydro grow to a soil? I would say NO WAY but doesn't hurt to ask.

spy

Can be done, no worries... Each individual plant will take its own time adjusting to its new environment.. personally I wouldn't attempt inside during flowering but that's not to say you can't, just might stall for little to long...

I was thinking of putting it outside. I have dirt outside garden plus hydro inside.My grow room is getting crowded with that huge Gorilla that was on 24 hours light for a while. Almost 3 feet in diameter. The Swiss cheese is a bit shorter but over 2 feet in diameter too.
spy

Last season, I had a plant indoor, that had just come into flower.. in coir...lights were 7pm on 7am off... I took thst plant and put it outside and into the ground... lights on 6am off 8:30... It sat for three weeks, nothing, then grew some twisted tiny single Blades, then back to flower that went it's 10weeks. Wasn't an auto though...

Back
Top Bottom