Sea of green set up

Frosty0121

Hi there… so I’m on my third grow and want to try sea of green as I have a lot of seeds that need using.
My tent is 75x75
My light is 300w omega infinity
I was wondering if it’s best with hydro, soil or coco.
If you still get bigger yield off hydro? Or does it not matter in SOG?
I usually grow hydro dwc.
I do have 50L spare bio bizz light mix and all mix as I bought some for garden.
Any info would be highly appreciated.

Yup that’s why growers do clones for sog since starting from beans will cause much diversity amongst tent mates. You want to start with clones so they will have uniform growth rates
Okay I did read you can also do with seed? What about a Wilma system 4 pots in 75x75?

Many plants usually 1-2 per square foot. Not long veg for even canopy. Many small plants to get same yield as fewer bigger plants.
Why do you ask?
Thanks.

sog is most often run off mother plants and a lot of clones. the structure of a plant from seed is not the best for sog, and you included dwc as a possible method, which does not lend itself to sog at all.

search for hempy sog if you want to run an easy set up.

here is an example

full

sog is most often run off mother plants and a lot of clones. the structure of a plant from seed is not the best for sog, and you included dwc as a possible method, which does not lend itself to sog at all.

search for hempy sog if you want to run an easy set up.

here is an example

full
Okay good to know so I found a 4 pot dripper system 75x75 size so thought I could possible use that and just do 4 with topping and lst. Or get a 6 pot trey to fit. Was looking for which mediums had the best yield etc. I did think Dwc or dripper might be more difficult than soil
Or coco. My only hold back on soil or coco is yield being significantly less than hydro.
thanks.

I would never plant 2 seeds in one pot on purpose. They would fight each other for root space, then they would also compete for nutrients, strongest one wins other one dies or gives little to no yield.

It can be successful but why risk it on purpose

Okay good to know so I found a 4 pot dripper system 75x75 size so thought I could possible use that and just do 4 with topping and lst. Or get a 6 pot trey to fit. Was looking for which mediums had the best yield etc. I did think Dwc or dripper might be more difficult than soil
Or coco. My only hold back on soil or coco is yield being significantly less than hydro.
thanks.

nothing about your set up has anything to do with sog. that's just a regular grow. i'd stick with that if you are using a 4 pot system.

you can plant more seeds in the pot but your yield won't change. no matter the method canopy has a finite size in that space.

scrog would work far better for you than sog. especially if you using some sort of dwc system.

nothing about your set up has anything to do with sog. that's just a regular grow. i'd stick with that if you are using a 4 pot system.

you can plant more seeds in the pot but your yield won't change. no matter the method canopy has a finite size in that space.

scrog would work far better for you than sog. especially if you using some sort of dwc system.
Okay fair enough. I thought it may be SOG as 4 plants in 75x75 will be rammed. Thought since 6 would be sog then maybe 4 bigger would be same result. So if I done 4 plants you think 3 week veg is good? Cheers.

Okay fair enough. I thought it may be SOG as 4 plants in 75x75 will be rammed. Thought since 6 would be sog then maybe 4 bigger would be same result. So if I done 4 plants you think 3 week veg is good? Cheers.

if going from seed you'll need a minimum of 4.

what's the goal here ? what are you trying to accomplish ? are you trying to maximize yield, or shorten turn around ?

Short turn around with highest possible yield.
Small autos in 9x 1gal pots of coco will fit in your space, seed to harvest in 90 days
If you have space to start seedlings, you can start them 2 weeks before harvest and so on...

Short turn around with highest possible yield.

you can have one, or the other. you'll have to choose.

otherwise set up a fakie auto sog similar to what @Roy Growin is suggesting. if you wanna do a real one you'll need at least one extra grow space to mother a plant and do an actual proper sog from clones.

in a real sog clones are rooted for 2 - 3 wks and flipped immediately. plants are kept to the main stalk and produce one giant cola each per plant. buckets are kept small, generally only 2L or less. large hempy cups are popular for an sog method.

nowhere in there is a wilma useful for anything. if you wanna use the wilma look at scrog instead.

you can have one, or the other. you'll have to choose.

otherwise set up a fakie auto sog similar to what @Roy Growin is suggesting. if you wanna do a real one you'll need at least one extra grow space to mother a plant and do an actual proper sog from clones.

in a real sog clones are rooted for 2 - 3 wks and flipped immediately. plants are kept to the main stalk and produce one giant cola each per plant. buckets are kept small, generally only 2L or less. large hempy cups are popular for an sog method.

nowhere in there is a wilma useful for anything. if you wanna use the wilma look at scrog instead.
Yep - I reckoned my PGC was gonna be too much for my little space, so I took 8 clones instead last week,
they are rooted and will be in new pots and flipped next week
Not that 8 is really a sea, a puddle maybe but what else can you do in 80cm x 80cm lol

this is 6 hempy plants in 2L pots - it looks like an sog but is a regular grow in actual fact.

full

that may be closer to what you are trying.

Back
Top Bottom