Seasoned grower, new member

Well...as a new grower, I would exclusively practice on these "hermie" seeds you have. We have great sponsors with an amazing selection of strains, but "learning" with their seed stock could be a source of overwhelming frustration due to the investment.

Practicing with your present seeds is a cost effective way at getting some good grow knowledge for free (almost).

Hi ! I've done a couple of Coco grows. What you want to know ? How much of a PITA it is unless you have an Automatic Feeding System or you only grow 3 - 4 plants. Coco is work. You must feed nutrients every time. Never just water. pH needs to be 5.8. You need to use Cal Mag with Coco. You feed at least once per day till run off. Do not let Coco dry out.

Hermie Seeds have a high tendency to produce more Hermie's. Not sure about the Auto Seeds though.

okay, i'll ask coco related questions somewhere else.

in my location, its really hard to get seeds (but not impossible either). i have lots of hermie seeds on my hand. and also auto seeds which seeded by this hermie. should I plant them like 10 each in a small pots?he
okay, i'll ask coco related questions somewhere else.

in my location, its really hard to get seeds (but not impossible either). i have lots of hermie seeds on my hand. and also auto seeds which seeded by this hermie. should I plant them like 10 each in a small pots?
You will get more hermies from those seeds just a headache usually.

Don't let me change your mind about Coco. I tried 12 plants at once. That's a lot of mixing & feeding everyday.
I like the control you get with coco. No guessing what is in your soil or trying to compensate for what’s issues with soil. Feed and harvest. :thumb:

Well...as a new grower, I would exclusively practice on these "hermie" seeds you have. We have great sponsors with an amazing selection of strains, but "learning" with their seed stock could be a source of overwhelming frustration due to the investment.

Practicing with your present seeds is a cost effective way at getting some good grow knowledge for free (almost).
If I can find 2 or 3 fems in those 20 seeds, it's okay for me actually. I will cut when I see a hermie, continue with the others but nobody approved my strategy for now :D:D:D Looking for someone who can say yes to this idea. :D:D:D

They can all go hermie lately and that could cause a total dissappointment.

Okay, I got it. Need 50 messages to fix my seed problem :D (hopefully)

Hi ! I've done a couple of Coco grows. What you want to know ? How much of a PITA it is unless you have an Automatic Feeding System or you only grow 3 - 4 plants. Coco is work. You must feed nutrients every time. Never just water. pH needs to be 5.8. You need to use Cal Mag with Coco. You feed at least once per day till run off. Do not let Coco dry out.

Hermie Seeds have a high tendency to produce more Hermie's. Not sure about the Auto Seeds though.

Hi,

I have
-General Hydroponic nuts (gro-bloom-micro) with CalMag addition.
-My lights 250W hps + 600W crap led lights. My goal is 3 plants.
-4x4 tent
-180m3 exhaust fan (I don't run it because it is noisy, but I will find a solution.I will put it in a plastic container and cover it with soundproofing material.)
-Small intake fan (but not enough, too much negative.. have to open tent's gate)

I will water and feed my plants like %5 of the pot size per day. (except new seedlings and last flush week)

So, I made this plan for auto seeds(If I can have them);
20 lt pots - 1 lt feeding per day

I have liquid test kit instead of ph meter. I think it can work. I will aim 5.5 - 6.5

I will use tap water.

I don't have humidifier for vegetative stage and here is around 30-40% - i will use wet towels for it - do you think does it work?

I need free or cheap solutions due to pandemic hit me hard.

And i will feed with like below per gal:
Week 1
CalMag 2
Micro 1
Gro 1
Bloom 0.5

Week 2-4
CalMag 2
Micro 2.5
Gro 2.5
Bloom 1

Week 5-6
CalMag 2
Micro 2
Gro 1
Bloom 2

Week 7-8
CalMag 2
Micro 2
Gro 0.5
Bloom 2

Week 9-10
CalMag 0
Micro 2
Gro 0
Bloom 4

Do I need anything else? Please check and tell me if anything wrong.

Hi,

I have
-4x4 tent
-180m3 exhaust fan (I don't run it because it is noisy, but I will find a solution.I will put it in a plastic container and cover it with soundproofing material.)
-Small intake fan (but not enough, too much negative.. have to open tent's gate)

I will water and feed my plants like %5 of the pot size per day. (except new seedlings and last flush week)

I have liquid test kit instead of ph meter. I think it can work. I will aim 5.5 - 6.5

I will use tap water.

I don't have humidifier for vegetative stage and here is around 30-40% - i will use wet towels for it - do you think does it work?

Week 1
CalMag 2
Micro 1
Gro 1
Bloom 0.5

Week 2-4
CalMag 2
Micro 2.5
Gro 2.5
Bloom 1

Week 5-6
CalMag 2
Micro 2
Gro 1
Bloom 2

Week 7-8
CalMag 2
Micro 2
Gro 0.5
Bloom 2

Week 9-10
CalMag 0
Micro 2
Gro 0
Bloom 4

There are other products we use such as silica once a week to build up cell walls in your girls.
Have you had a chance to look at some journals. Lots of info there.

Hi,

I have
-4x4 tent

I will use tap water.

Week 1
CalMag 2
Micro 1
Gro 1
Bloom 0.5

Week 2-4
CalMag 2
Micro 2.5
Gro 2.5
Bloom 1

Week 5-6
CalMag 2
Micro 2
Gro 1
Bloom 2

Week 7-8
CalMag 2
Micro 2
Gro 0.5
Bloom 2

Week 9-10
CalMag 0
Micro 2
Gro 0
Bloom 4

A liter may do at 1st but as the plant gets bigger it will drink more & the pot will dry faster. By the end of Flower I would feed each plant 3/4 gal. twice per day. You need to water till you get run off or you will get salt build ups in your Coco & throw your pH out of whack. Then you'll think you got a Toxicity or Deficiency when your pH being off is the issue. Water till run off to avoid that once you get a couple sets of leaves.

I'm c
There are other products we use such as silica once a week to build up cell walls in your girls.
Have you had a chance to look at some journals. Lots of info there.

I will check mate, thanks. Can you show me the silica product ? and how much you add? giving with nuts or seperately?

A liter may do at 1st but as the plant gets bigger it will drink more & the pot will dry faster. By the end of Flower I would feed each plant 3/4 gal. twice per day. You need to water till you get run off or you will get salt build ups in your Coco & throw your pH out of whack. Then you'll think you got a Toxicity or Deficiency when your pH being off is the issue. Water till run off to avoid that once you get a couple sets of leaves.
3/4 gal twice isn't it too much ?? I thought giving until i am getting 10-20% runoff each time is ok.

I think the constant challenge is seed sellers universally suck. It's a business where you pay weeks or months in advance with customs, shipping etc. all taking time, time, time. I ordered from True North Seed Bank in November and still don't have seeds. I ordered from Homegrown Cannabis in Sacramento and even they took a month to process and ship my order! Someday we'll be able to buy from companies that care about their customers but the sponsors at 420 universally suck.

wow that sounds like a lot of water! I live in the high desert and water only 2 times a week! I find my plants thrive on a wet/dry cycle and temp cycle between days and nights.

3/4 gal twice isn't it too much ?? I thought giving until i am getting 10-20% runoff each time is ok.
20% is fine. But by the 7th or 8th week of flower your plant will be that big that it uses that much at a time. You can't over water Coco. The more often you feed the faster your plant will grow. Every time you feed you push oxygen into the soil to the roots which makes for rapid growth. Coco can only hold so much liquid. The rest just runs off. Some growers feed twice in veg & 3 times in Flower. I was taught by an old timer who grew in coco for about 15 years. I got some big ass plants growing in Coco.

Back
Top Bottom