Second Grow With New 4x4 Indoor Tent Build

Coming right back, yep.

My curiosity is piqued with the Jacks. I did the math, and if I'm near the 60-65 gal mark with the new setup (9gal per bucket, 25 gal res, plus piping) I'd need a LOT of Jacks. Enough where the 25lb bags made the most sense. I think the base one would last me about 4 grow cycles, another one was 6, and the other one something like 8. I can't remember off the top of my head and my notes are on my desktop.

Either way, it wasn't terrible in the long run. Way cheaper than most of the multi-bottle lines, but more expensive than mega crop. I was going by the "tap water" schedule and bags, which is similar to what you have. I think the first 4 grows would run me $250, which is about where just the A&B of grow and bloom of the AN line would be, and that's before the extra bottles on top of that.

It's in the next few cycles that the price started coming down a good bit, and I think over something like 20 grows it came down to about $35/grow.

If I stick to the 13gal for the res instead of using my own 25, that helps a tick and the amounts are doubled instead of 2.5 or so.

Haven't 100% decided yet. No real reason to switch up off the MC yet, but I'll have to see how it does the first run in hydro. It's fire in the dirt/coco/promix though, that's for sure.

The Technaflora nutes I was using also worked great for my first grow but the brown residue which I found comes from both the Sugar Daddy and the Thrive Alive B-1 Red was concerning. The roots were coated which looked like algae. As for the costs I think the Jack's may be less expensive than the Technaflora.

That's my initial concern with MegaCrop. It can/may/probably will stain the roots a little bit. Not that they won't be healthy, but it may make it more difficult to spot any issues early on.

Looking at my notes I took the other day on Jack's, it looks like (for me) an initial layout of $250 for a 25lb bag of clone, tap, bloom, and finish. I would have to buy another bag of tap (which is the main grow nute, but for tap water) after every 4 grows. I would need a new bag of bloom after 12 grows, and a new bag of finish after 16 grows.

For the first 12 grows (3 bags of tap, 1 bag each of the rest) would end up running about $30-$35/grow. That's not terrible by any means, but also means I'd have nutes for at least 4 years. LOL

But if you go with just the smaller bags, it ends up costing a lot more too.

Anyway, I'm excited to see how it does in your setup. If it goes well, and I don't see why it shouldn't, then I may look at switching up if I find the staining to be an issue with the MC.

I bought the Kit for $160, shipping included, which I estimate will last three grows. Since my plan is only one grow per year I can live with that.

Day 23

Today's Pics
PNT_1665.jpg

PNT_1668.jpg

PNT_1670.jpg

Day 24

I spent some time this morning and tightened up the training straps. I plan to start flower in 11 days. The ScrOG netting will probably start next weekend maybe sooner.
PNT_1672.jpg

PNT_1673.jpg

PNT_1675.jpg

Day 25

After a full night of lights. The main new branches are just starting to break through the jungle. The side video camera shot shows how dense these are. So far the Jack's nutes seem to be doing well.
PNT_1683.jpg

PNT_1684.jpg

PNT_1686.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Day 26

Boy time is flying by. Almost at the end of four weeks. My goal is to start flowering at week 6 which is just 8 days away. I am still training some of the branches and I am pretty sure the ScrOG netting will be going up this weekend.

I have been thinking of different ScrOG methods and decided to just use the netting method that uses 4 x 4 netting and attaches to the corner posts. I think this will be the easiest to manage since my access to some of the tent is limited. I purchased the Vivosun netting which seemed to be the best made that comes with hooks. Albeit the hooks need to be widened to fit the thicker gorilla bars. I am also going to remove and use the back horizontal bar and one of the additional 4 ft support bars and install them vertically about 2/3s the way from the back to the 2 bars I have running horizontally on the sides of the tent. This will allow me to have the screen just partially covering the area. I can move these closer to the front as needed.
bars.jpg

Today's Pics. A little more training this morning.
PNT_1688.jpg

PNT_1690.jpg

PNT_1692.jpg

Lookin good, as always
Don't know if I missed it or not, but where did you get those support bars that are running horizontal on you tent walls?

They are the "High CFM" kit from Gorilla. I also have a set, and they are fantastic.

You can also build your own out of 3/4" PVC. Just need the pipe and some tee fittings, then use a zip tie underneath to keep them in place.

Lookin good, as always
Don't know if I missed it or not, but where did you get those support bars that are running horizontal on you tent walls?
On the Gorilla tent site. Here FYI they are made to fit the larger Gorilla bars.

thank you, guess i'll have to measure my bars and see

The gorilla bars are like 3/4", and most other tents are something like 1/2", or maybe 5/8" if one is lucky.

If the gorilla bars won't work, 3/4" PVC works just as well. I have that setup on my secondary tent and they're great. Slight downside is once they're on, they're on. Not permanently, but they won't just pop off when you want to move it out of the way. You'll have to separate poles to get the tee off.

You may be able to use an open back tee fitting and zip tie it. Not 100% sure how well that would work though.

l1.jpg

Not the greatest shot, but this was a few weeks ago in my secondary tent as the grow was just popping. You can see I have a bar on the right, one way down on the left (out of the way, not in use at the time), and you can see one (of two) that I rigged up across the top.

(sorry to detract from your grow Dano, just trying to help them. :))

Back
Top Bottom