Second week flowering and maybe a hermie?

dynasg2009

High Family,

Please tell me if you think this is a hermaphrodite? This picture is a little difficult to see as the camera is not user friendly. I have 3 of these doing this, Grand Daddy Purple. If these have turned on me I need to throw them out.

Thanks,

IMG_008131.JPG

I believe those are false seed pods which appear on all female plants & normally seen next or near the spurs.

Hermies normally show a thick pistil object which appears like a banana of pale green/yellow/creamy nature... some times which may show in late flowering as a last chance to self pollenate to produce seeds can happen to any one almost but strain dependant.

Hermies may also occur if forced to flowering before a plant grown from seed has a chance to show preflowers !

Thanks for the reply. I think I will wait a few more days or a week before I yank them out. I want to be sure because the buds look great but afraid they might pop open and fertilize my females which would be horrible.

I had my brother swing by the house this morning and he was able to help me verify that it's a sack, so I cut all 3 of them up and threw them in the left over hash bag. I am so sad they went south and now my yield will be less this grow. I had bought bulk seeds once and the last time that will happen. Out of the 20 seeds, only 4 were females. Thanks for everyone's help.

damn you should have kept a few cause female pollen equals 100% female seeds

You do not want pollen from a true herm. Many people have the same misconception, hence why I wont buy "feminized " seed personally. Not many out there follow proper procedure to create true fem seed. If you use pollen from a herm, the hermaphroditic tendency is inherited is well. Not necessarily expressed but it will be inherited. Not a good start to a solid line.

That changes absolutely nothing. The problem isn't using a female plant pollen its the means of causing said staminate flower. In this instance the.poollen in question was from an untouched unaltered female. Meaning it has true hermaphroditic tendencies, something you DO NOT want. A true and proper fem will have her staminate flower induced by chemical intervention through the use of colloidal silver or gerribolic acid. This pollen is the taken and spread on the recipient. Even this technique is imperfect and has been seen to slightly increase the occurrence of hermaphrodites.

That's not to say a few of those seeds would end up as fire, they would likely be so sensitive they'd herm if u breath wrong. The best way to get a fem is to have ur room dialed and limit stress. Not spend money on some basement pollen chuckers mistakes. But I have always been an outspoken critic of many breeders and all seed banks. I encourage everyone to study the matter and breed their own.

Back
Top Bottom