Seedling Distance From 250w CFL?

AgedMaster

How close can my seedlings be from a cfl it says 2 to 4 inches on google i would rather ask someone who has used a cfl if anyone here has.
This is how i have got it they only need to be in cupboard until the weekend
IMG_20230627_062417 - Copy.jpg

Ive decided not to use it it gets to 32c in there it gets hotter than my HPS' I germinated my seeds there the last time under a 250w HPS while my buds where drying

Future reference on florescence. 4-6 inches is correct but only if you are at the correct wats. Seedling sprout starts only need around 15-25 wat/ square foot. At around 4 inches tall you can increase the wats. Big lights on seedlings just makes heat, wastes energy, and burns leaves. Led use half the power and sit at twice the distance so it is a good way to calculate where you should be in a florescent grow. Led charts are on all the manufacturer sights.

i used to run both t5s and cfls about 6 - 8 inches above when germinating and starting seedlings.

I’ve been thinking about using fluorescent to germinate… It’s a very large waste to start them under a 4’x4’ LED even at 25% since that’s still 175-200 watts however I do like the smooth transition.

I would truly like to setup my laundry room closet. It has shelves and I can mount fluorescents inside of it. The room stays hot and humid since it’s on the back of the house and would be a perfect place to sprout seedlings and root clones under non oppressive light.

I have many more ideas than time and energy 🤣

Its a 250w bulb the wood it was on was getting to 33c i put my thermometer in there. It wasn't hotter than my HPS I put them on the lower shelf they was shaded slightly but grew fine first time. This time I started them in my tent I took my plant down I will look at getting a few 25w bulbs for next time thanks

Back
Top Bottom