Haze35

420 Member
Hi Everyone!

Can you please tell me what is this discoloration on my seedling?

The seedling is 34 days old counted from planting.There were two more nodes under these current nodes,but they got crackling dry and then dropped off.

Also the tip of the bigger leaves on one side is turning upwards while on the other side is turning slightly down wards.

Three days ago it got its first feeding.I mixed around 0.5ml of fertilizer into about 1L of water.

The fertilizer's flask is 0.5 liter and it contains:
7.0% N(nitrogen)
5.0% K(potassium)
3.0% P(phosphorus)
100mg/kg magnesium
70mg/kg zinc
10mg/kg moibden
100mg/kg manganese
70mg/kg copper
140mg/kg boron
200mg/kg iron

The fertilizer is called advanced nutrients and it is supposed to be good for late seedling stage and for veg.

I will post pictures of the seedling fresh pictures and pictures I took five days ago when you can see the drying leaves.

What causes this?Root problem?Not enough nutrients?When I touch the discolorated tips it feels crispy.

I water the plant everytime when the soil is dry.

At the two last pictures where you can see the drying leaves at that point I didn't gave the plant nutes.I started adding nutes three days ago when the dry leaves already dropped.

Also the pot got filled up with more soil.

186546284_290763746086120_1268608915810380785_n.jpg

186870597_1360920910948808_8171928989595503698_n.jpg

182819297_314909540231067_9091689708186422821_n.jpg

186524143_223949955780165_9160089132911833224_n.jpg

Hey Haze35,

Welcome to forums at 420! To help we need more info. Is that a photoperiod, an autoflower or just a bag seed that you found? What kind of soil? How often do you water?

That soil mix doesn’t have much aeration, it really needs perlite or pumice added to the soil mix next time plus the containers are still only partially full of soil. For soil grows bigger is better.

I suspect watering too frequently by not letting the soil dry out enough.

My 2 cents, post up your answers and more peeps will jump in later

Hey!

It is a regular poting flower soil.It is a bag seed.Previously last year i grew a female plant out of a bag seed and I was like why not try it again.Currently I cant get my hands on original photopheroid seeds,and I'm also in an illegal country unfortunetly and I dont want to risk ordering seeds online into the country.I only water the seedling when I feel that the soil is dry.Last time I gave it water mixed with the fertilizer 3 days ago and the soil is still wet a little bit.

I also want to grow little a little plant,because I dont have enough space for growing.I'm planning on topping again.

Ok cool, Roger that!

In that type of soil watering on a schedule is not good, when the top of the soil is dry the bottom is still wet. By stretching the days between watering sessions you train the plant on the wet / dry cycle. When the soil gets dry the plant will build fine root hairs to search for water, this will help build a bigger rootball.

That plant is too small & unhealthy to be topped, wait until you have at least 5 nodes or pairs of limbs and health is ramped up

Yeah I will defenetly wait until it gets more nodes.So you are saying that the discoloration of the leaf tips aren't caused by nutrient deficiency and it is caused because the plant gets a little bit overwatered every time I water?

So its a couple of hours later since I posted,and the bigger leaves started to drop/point down and don't know why.I didn't do anything to the plant today.By touch they don't feel dry or crispy.

186530600_207737660985607_5708787100066597875_n.jpg

Could be nute deficiency but on a tiny plant that doesn’t require much nutes at this point in time I strongly suspect the roots can’t breathe from continuously wet soil. If you were growing in a supersoil or living organic soil you could water more frequently but for most soil types and most new folks the problem is not waiting for the soil to dry out properly between watering sessions.

Inside a container of soil that has been watered there is a hidden lake called the perched water table. It’s moisture held in place by the wicking action of the soil. Take your pots and tilt them to a steep 45 degree angle, prop them up so they don’t roll or tumble, leave them propped up for 1/2 day. The container should pee out a small puddle, this will reset the perched water table to lower level. Wait about 4 to 5 days before you water again.... they won’t die.

Seedling soil has nutes in it I bet. No need to add more. Check the label to see how long the nutes last.
THe plant is too far down in the pot and the stem is too spindly from too much water and not enough light. You added more dirt and buried more stem. You need to keep the stem dry and circulate some air over it to help strengthen stem.
I would repot plant to top of pot. I bet you have roots clogged up in the bottom of the pot. Pull it out and see roots. Tap sides of pot and tip pot upside down while supporting top soil and plant, pull pot off and take a peek. Repot anyway.
Sometimes plants just don't grow as well as others. Pull the slow growers.

Back
Top Bottom