Seedling stem looks thin and almost severed from root

PigBecker

My young seedling looks injured and seems to be having trouble lifting her head out of the soil :(

I germinated 2 bagseeds on 5/22 or 5/23 (can't remember) and then moved into solo cups after 2 days. Using Fox Farm Strawberry Fields soil (I think it's 30-40% coco coir) and plain RO water..waiting for my PH kit and CalMag from Amazon.

The stem on one seedling looks very thin at the root and almost looks severed. Here is 2 pics of the sick seedling compared to the other seed which was started germing on the same day..and the healthy seedling actually cracked nearly a whole day later than the one that is still face first in the dirt.

Troubled seedling:
420-magazine-mobile1724486758.jpg

Another angle:
420-magazine-mobile1479065371.jpg

Here is the other seed, started germinating at the same time and took 2x longer to crack open..was barely cracked when the sick plant had good amount of root out of seed.
420-magazine-mobile1916275112.jpg

Do you guys think this thing has a chance?? Anything I can do? Or is the plant literally fucked not being able to communicate with or use the root(s)? Any thoughts are appreciated.

I went ahead and started germinating 2 more seeds just incase this one never makes it...and also because I just decided to try and grow 1 small plant in my new veg chamber (6 bulb 1600 lumen LEDs) and see how it grows being shorter than the 2-3 planned flowering chamber plants (will be under 22 1600 lumen LED bulbs....infact here's a pretty picture of the light fixture I just finished last night!)
420-magazine-mobile695449502.jpg

Also, I should have taken pictures last night to compare..it does look like the plant has grown its leaf tip slightly throughout the past 24 hours, and it doesn't seem shriveled or dead...but if it IS even alive, this thing is struggling hard compared to the other. Which makes total since seeing the tiny path to the root..I am just not sure whether or not it may recover. I'm hoping someone who has maybe experienced similar seedling troubles can chime in. This will be my second grow ever, and my first grow I had to abandon about 80% through. Thanks for any input!

Edit: sorry for instantly replying to my own thread..I would have edited my first post if I knew I could from the app..took a minute to figure out!

Just googled that and looks definitely like it could be damping off. Maybe my fingers weren't clean when I transferred the seed.. I should just get some forceps.

Back
Top Bottom