Seeds germed too quickly! help

brothergrimm

First of all I have to say thank you already to everybody on this site! I have avoided many problems with my first grow because of you guys. I have been a lurker, mainly because I have had no need to post because all the info I have needed is already on this site. I'd especially like to thank, Roor, DaMagoMan and Ranger, I feel like I know you guys already!
Anyway, on to my little issue. My mistake was to start my beloved Northern lights x Blueberry seeds germinating a bit prematurely. None of my other seeds have ever sprouted this quickly. I soaked them overnight Fri. and transfered them to paper towels on a plate on edge Sat. morning. I checked them this morning (Sun.) and the taproot is already showing. I have FF Ocean Forest on order but it will probably not be here until Tue or Wed. I have some potting soil that I have used previously in grows that worked fine and I also have rockwool cubes.
So I don't want to transplant more than I have to. What should I do? Can I put them in rockwool and set them in a tray with some water until the FF soil gets here? Can I then put the cubes into the pot with the soil? I have been using the cubes for my hydro setup and wasn't sure if they can go into a soil grow as well. My hydro setup is currently in my flowering room with three pretty females so I cannot use it.
Or should I put them in a planter with the soil I have now? I can't remember exactly what brand it is, just something I picked up at home depot or someplace like that. Sorry about the way long explanation and thank you guys and girls again for keeping me educated and up to date. I love this site!!!!

Re: Seeds germed too quickly!! help

Plant them in the old potting soil, after you have flushed it well. Do that immediately. Then give them a little bit of half strength fish fert with half strength sea tea. Then when your FF gets here, you dibble the seedling out and transplant it to the FF, keeping as much soil from the old mix around the roots. I usually use a tablespoon or a fork when I do that myself. The seedling will do just fine.

Thanks! Just to be clear, the potting mix I have now has never been used it is new, it is just that i wanted to use the FF. So should I still add any nutes if the soil is fresh out of the bag? You guys are the heat! Thanks for the fast response.

One more thing I am not completely clear on. When I first put them in the soil do they go under light or stay in the dark until they break the surface?

Great, I feel better now. You'll be seeing more of me now that I've broken the ice, lol. I owe you a few! :adore:

Update- Everything worked perfectly so far. They were transplanted into the good soil tonight. That stuff sure is nice. Thanks for the help dude!

Sorry I didn't get to help you in time. Yeah you were overthinking it a little. I would have told you to just use the small planters, the six cell ones like you buy small plants in, fill it with what ever soil you had and plant them. This way when the good soil comes you just pop them out and transplant.

Who knows this may help someone else.:laughtwo:

Yes I do! I have a ton of pictures from this first bagseed grow. I will be starting a grow journal think this weekend I think. I am looking forward to it!

Sorry I didn't get to help you in time. Yeah you were overthinking it a little. I would have told you to just use the small planters, the six cell ones like you buy small plants in, fill it with what ever soil you had and plant them. This way when the good soil comes you just pop them out and transplant.

Who knows this may help someone else.:laughtwo:

:laughtwo::laughtwo: At least you made it on his list LOL :laughtwo::laughtwo:

They have now been in their transplant medium for 3 days and they are looking wonderful! My clone (from a previous grow) has seriously taken off since I put her in her new soil as well. The NL x BB have their first two full fan leaf spears. When should I switch them to my 250 watt MH? They are on a 85w cfl right now. Thanks again folks! I will work on laying out the grow journal today.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom