Seeds not germinating?

lookntoimpruv

The last set of seeds I got (strawberry ice) never germed. Is this something that happens alot. They made good and sent me another bunch but I am 7 days in and nothing again so far. I am not doing anything differently than the last bunch of successfull attempts.

7 days seems like a long time ... the only seeds I have ever had a problem with were old. All the rest usually pop within 3-4 days sometimes 2! I use a zip lock plastic sandwich bag that seals tight. I put the seeds on plain white paper towel that is very moist. Fold them in and blow air in the bag like a balloon and seal it shut and put in a warm dark place.

What is the temps? could they have been frozen and refrozen in the journey to you?

If it's a hermie seed ie female that has freaked while flowering making a few balls then I normally get fem plants from every seed but expect loads of mutants and hermies.

for seeds i just put them in a cup in plain water floating, put the cup in dark warm spot, 24-36 hours later they have tails, then i throw in jiffy/root riot/rockwool with 1/4 strength veg nutes.

If you soak seeds for 24hr and they don't sink after a good shake there dead seeds.

I dont see why people have problems, tissue sticks to seeds so i dont use it anymore, plain water has 100% germ rate on alive seeds just make sure you move them before they dump the shell.

Back
Top Bottom