Seeking A Sympathetic Guru! I'm 4 Years As A Medical User & New Grower

Wasn't thinking of wind pollination. Was thinking that this odor attracts pollinators, meaning insects. This freakish smell must have an important purpose for the plants reproductive since it's coming at the exact same time as the flowering starts.

That went right over my head!

I'm gonna have to read up on that process. Most of my plant knowledge comes from the documentary channels.

Google just popped up with my interpreted this smell; I'm probably hitting it into the rough, but this was highlighted in the text at.

Pollinators Smell Sex and Candy in the Air.

Males have pollen sacs that bust open and dumps pollen in the air. Wind carries the pollen to the females. A male can pollenate a female miles away with the help of insects.

I'm probably the world's only 60's/70 hippie that heard the cannabis pop culture but never went beyond buying a LID!

Got it. I misunderstood or missed what you were trying to say about Thanks.

This odor is another peice of a jigsaw puzzle.

Cannabis has its own volume in the world E-encyclopedia. I foud out in 83 that I'm shade blind so, reading any more than a short time hurts my eyes. So with reading on the internet, I end up with so many bookmarks on my desktop. Paper print has the same effect.

A small fan in the window lowered the odor to tolerable for now with one plant, but a small 3 or 4 plant SOG might choke the air. I hope a better fan configuration won't require any ductwork!

Looks like she's spreading out as well as up. It looks like my gentle influencing one branch behind another may soon need more stress like you're warning about.

Instead of the retarded, lowest branches spreading out, now the inner branches are flowering outwards and upwards wherever the light is greatest, now they're wanting to compete for light. Beautiful and so I'm hands-off as long as I see flowers until I'm advised otherwise.

IMG_20190602_144417.jpg
IMG_20190602_145903.jpg

I'm still doing the 12/12 as per... the walls and doors are mylar and she's Lording over the entire sky about now. Basically, the new plants are pretty much at her mercy. LOL

Already have them stacked and arranged in the most efficient arrangement. (See photo). But once they get promoted to 5gal buckets, I'm too weak in the shoulders to be lifting them anymore with only the small b
IMG_20190602_205229.jpg
uckets, so the bucket caddies will be necessary for their own safety...

Still concerned about this strong odor!the closest thing I can equate it to is similar to burned sulfur fumes. Does this sound about right.

In the past I've been overtaken by a condition known as "Phantosmia" and I'm not sure if this is just another episode of that condition!

I already had the seedlings elevated up onto a 3.5 gallon and rearranged them all to their best possible exposure.

The CBD is given 2/3 of the room and the seedlings are on the ends where they get the most from the surrounding mylar.

Just Lifting these buckets any higher after they go to the 5 gallon bucket height, will be too difficult.

I have 2 Russian Roulette both are the same age but one in bubble's, is barely growing (traumatized from a fall in the starter, choir cup) and after trying to reroot in hydro, it's not looking well after a week. I feel a sense of dejavoux about the Gelato Affair. I've been faced with a stunted plant before.

The other (my first is in coco choir) looks ok and thriving.

IMG_20190603_152420.jpg
IMG_20190603_152410.jpg

I must have seen a dozen videos taken in grow rooms and setup how to's. They All showed or mentioned the need for ventilation but none of them mentioned the smell untill I inquired specifically!!!

Im gonna need a Odor filtration vent, if The BO is so bad with just one plant being this strong, 3, or even 4 may be unbearable.

I'm open to any prefab system I can use to engineer some configuration to the closet, that'll help fit my situation.

I'll try to research a filter rig that's affordable. This is something new my old think tank.

Until then I'm using a bunch of fans with some blowing out of the closet directly towards a powerful one (or 2) going out the window.

Things just keep getting more involved both economically and electrically. I'm already maxing out the nickle/dime common electrical outlet running the show. With my cereal box of a house, I need to do a little electrical upgrading.

Attachments

• IMG_20190603_185855.jpg
    IMG_20190603_185855.jpg
    416.4 KB · Views: 107
Back
Top Bottom