Mysteries In A Secret Garden

xVMx

420 Member
This is my 1st grow! I am using bag seeds to practice and get familiar with things. I would love more information about the best seedbank to buy from and also what's a good starter strain for my setup. Something that doesn't get too tall.
So far so good making it through germination using the paper towel method. They've sprouted up nicely. I drilled holes in the bottom of 11oz coffee containers to hold them in for now with 3gal fabric bags to transplant them in later. I put sandwich bags over the containers to raise humidity since they are in a closet for now.
I still have some questions about water parameters and the direction of airflow throughout the grow tent. I hear mixed things about pH and from what I've gathered so far when using FFOF, just add water and let it do its thing. My tap sits at 7.5 and I'm wondering should I use pH down, continue to buy RO water, or is my tap ok as is using FFOF? Any advice or links to advice are most welcome and appreciated.

8 seedlings, 4 days old
Holding: 11oz containers
Medium: 2/3 FFOF & 1/3 Coco-Perlite mix
Water: RO
Temp: 75-78F
RH: 37%

Equipment:
4x2x6 Tent (arriving tomorrow)
1 x 600W LED FS (do I need a 2nd light?)
Hygrometer
Humidifier
pH test kit

Finally got my tent up and the little babes all settled in. Wondering if light placement is good. I measured about 5 1/2 inches away. I still need to order fans, but for now I let the fans from the light push the excess heat and moisture out through the top vent. So far that's worked at keeping temps between 75-77F. Anything I should change/add? All advice welcome and appreciated.
seedlingstentseutup.jpg

thumbnail_20200205_130422.jpg

Back
Top Bottom