Sense Amelia's Critical Sensi Stars - Indoor Soil Grow - 600 Watt Duel Spec HPS

OK, a message has been sent across to the Grow Master. he will put them back into veg in the morning. Thanks man, it's hard, it's like starting all over again. My heads been up my arse lately too which doesn't help. :laughtwo:

Thing is I'm being reminded that the custard creams never spent this long in veg, but that was because we had the light too high and they stretched........

Thanks for reps Fish ;-)

Thing is I'm being reminded that the custard creams never spent this long in veg, but that was because we had the light too high and they stretched........

Veg time doesn't mean anything if they aren't ready. Have they showed their sex yet? A plant that is mature to flower will stop growing symmetrical , show its pre flowers and start all that crooked node madness. If you've had problems in veg its obviously going to slow it down. If they ready for flower they will flower much better than a stressed plant. Stressed plants are best recovered before flower or your problems will continue through flower.

hey sense!
i kind of agree with what JBC is saying, but dont take a confidence knock. switching to flower now is a perfectly normal thing to do, some people go 12/12 from seed. so really everyone is right.

what is important is how much time you have to grow them (all manner of reasons why people want a fast grow) and the room availible to grow them.

remember that volume of nodes is far more important than height, and tall plants are NOT conducive to indoor growing because synthetic sun doesnt have any range to it.

a plant put into flower under a single light that is 6" tall but has 10 nodes will probably produce more and better bud that a 2' plant with 15 nodes (pre stretch).

sometimes its best not to look at the clock. compare how many nodes your custard creams had when you flowered them to how many this grow has. thats your benchmark ;)

i totally agree however that they should be over their shock before flowering.

i also notice, even on the best plant, some small signs that something is not quite dialled in right. next drink i would run a little more than usual through to flush any salts and look very carefully at the nutrient breakdown of your feed to make sure your not giving too much of something and starting to cause a lock out.

are you PHing your water when you feed? ph imbalance can also cause identical symptoms to an imbalanced diet.
i would even think about lowering your nute strength a bit while they are stunned, they eat a lot less when not growing at full speed ;)

the worst affected one either needs to be culled or add 50% extra water to its share of the feed, its now so far behind the others that it needs a weaker food than them ;)

Ah was looking forward to seeing this strain grow. Guess ill have to order the beans then! Hope you are safe and stay well. Haven't posted much but have been following! Thanks for sharing. Stay safe.

AWW that sucks. hope you get things sorted young lady and please keep in touch:)

I think the light is too close. I wouldn't have it any closer than 24 inches. But, that's just me. Since it's an enclosed reflective space, you lose no light at all. It's all reflected back in.

I run a 600W in my grow box (pics in my journal) and I leave it attached to the ceiling. I don't even use the rope rachets. I don't have any issues with stretching and there is more than enough light coverage for the entire box. Then, by the time they flower, they are much closer to the light. So, there's just no need for me to lower the lights. And it keeps my temps & humidity much more stable that way.

Nice, ideal height and technique, simulates lowering the lght automatically!

Back
Top Bottom