Setup and recommendations

I’ll be running a 600w light, 70w in-line fan, 1,500w heater, and a window air unit. Obviously the heater in the winter and the air unit in the summer. Not sure what the unit pulls, but I can always try to run an extension cord from a different outlet on a separate breaker line. The room it’ll be setup In are 15 amp outlets on the same line, but I’ve also got some 20, 30 and 40 amps that I can track down and if they are close by I can run off of 1 of them.

NEVER, EVER NEVER put a higher rated fuse or breaker in place of a lower rated fuse or breaker. These are safety equipment designed to cut electricity to your wires if they get too hot. Especially in an older home, over-heating these wires can be a severe fire risk.

I'm not sure if that's what you meant, or if you had other outlets that have 40 amp outlets?

With the extension cord you want to be very careful making sure that the gauge of wiring is sufficient. A lot of cheap extension cords are 14 AWG and that's not enough, you really want to find a "heavy duty" 12 AWG cord, and preferably a 10 AWG "outoor" cord. The problem with extension cords is the longer they are, the more resistance, the higher the gauge should be.

NEVER, EVER NEVER put a higher rated fuse or breaker in place of a lower rated fuse or breaker. These are safety equipment designed to cut electricity to your wires if they get too hot. Especially in an older home, over-heating these wires can be a severe fire risk.

I'm not sure if that's what you meant, or if you had other outlets that have 40 amp outlets?

With the extension cord you want to be very careful making sure that the gauge of wiring is sufficient. A lot of cheap extension cords are 14 AWG and that's not enough, you really want to find a "heavy duty" 12 AWG cord, and preferably a 10 AWG "outoor" cord. The problem with extension cords is the longer they are, the more resistance, the higher the gauge should be.

I meant other outlets lol. I've also got heavy duty extension cords meant to run heavy power tool equipment and generators. I'm no newbie on those sorts of things.

420-magazine-mobile1942310269.jpg

The problem I'm running into with LEDs are that I can't find one that is for both veg and flower in the same light. So I'm thinking I'll have to buy 2 different ones if I go that way. Will the hps work for veg and flower without having to get a 2nd light? And care to give me some links to what you'd recommend on the hps light?

The LED you showed above has a veg and bloom switch. Not sure what you are talking about. 900w would be optimal for a 3x3 grow space.

The LED you showed above has a veg and bloom switch. Not sure what you are talking about. 900w would be optimal for a 3x3 grow space.

The wattage is to low on that one. I'm looking for a better one with a bloom switch. But I'm out f LEDs now anyway. Now I'm getting a hps/mh 600w.

Wow really that’s good to know I only put it like 18 inches.
Put your hand, palm side down, and stick it over tops of your plants. You want to hold it there for a few seconds. Is it super hot? Remember, plants are like us. They can tolerate heat but not to the extreme.
If it's too hot for you, it's too hot for the plants....

Put your hand, palm side down, and stick it over tops of your plants. You want to hold it there for a few seconds. Is it super hot? Remember, plants are like us. They can tolerate heat but not to the extreme.
If it's too hot for you, it's too hot for the plants....
aweomse I’ll have to go check again I just plugged in my first real light an hour ago. 315w cmh

Back
Top Bottom