Setup and recommendations

That is a good tent. The first one I had was a vivosun and it had some really heavy duty zippers, It was just not tall enough. Wish I could say my experience with that same fan was just as good but it was not. The bearing in the fan started getting real noisy after 4 weeks and I could not stand the noise. Vivosun contacted me after I left a one star review and offered me another fan or a refund. I took the refund because I had a can fan already on the way. They sent me a refund and told me they did not want the other fan back, so they will stand behind their products. It could of been that I just got a bum fan but I wasn't the only one to complain about bearing noise.
Just my 2 cents.

Thats a great setup, yeah the reason i said about getting a 4x4 is its all the room you really need as sometimes even though the 3x3 are great, you can easily overcrowd it with a 3 week veg to 4 plants, im glad i could help you out a little!

Good luck and take care!

Mainly want the 4x4 for the extra space and ability to move around a little better.

In that goot print go for 600w hps and a 6inch exhaust. You dont need an intake fan ever in run to waste extracted system which you are running. A 6inch fan will pull enough air through the tent to both cool the tent and give plants an abundance of co2.

Its true about LEDs making up claims on wattage and thats where i believe alot of people go wrong with growing LED. There are some brilliant LED lights on the market but you are going to pay $$$$ for them. Tbey dont save you on power consumption as the watts out of the wall are the same no matter what device you run.

You want minimum 400w for any grow space, less than that and its a pointless effort growing. Light is the number 1 thing to consider when growing. A 1000w hps wont work in that small space so dont waste your money. Get a quality 600w digital ballast, not the cheap ones abd a quality dual spec hps bulb such as a sunmaster dual spec, that can be used from start to finish on your grow.

A cool tube is an option, i used them for years but i dont use them at all now as i think its just as easy to cool a room using non cooltubes and you dont lose any light through the glass on cool tube and you def get better yield and quality using open shades. I use simple dutch barn style shades.

After looking at the led prices I decided against it. What 600w would you recommend? Preferably one that can be bought from amazon, because amazon is my go to place for most of my through the mail orders.

That is a good tent. The first one I had was a vivosun and it had some really heavy duty zippers, It was just not tall enough. Wish I could say my experience with that same fan was just as good but it was not. The bearing in the fan started getting real noisy after 4 weeks and I could not stand the noise. Vivosun contacted me after I left a one star review and offered me another fan or a refund. I took the refund because I had a can fan already on the way. They sent me a refund and told me they did not want the other fan back, so they will stand behind their products. It could of been that I just got a bum fan but I wasn't the only one to complain about bearing noise.
Just my 2 cents.

Care to share a link to own that you've had good results with? Preferably a kit that is 6". I don't wanna buy it, if it isn't going to last

I don't have any links for a kit but I can tell you I'm not knocking what you are going after, it's just that fan went bad on me. There are going to be manufacture defects around no matter what you get, it just happens I got one.

I don't usually buy kits because I bought one offline and afterwards after doing research I found out I could have got better seperatly at a cheaper price.

Do a search for can fans. They are a little pricey but are worth it. Made in Germany and have a 3 year warranty. I bought the 6 inch pro series 420 cfm for my 3.5 x4.5 flower room. It has 3 speed settings.
420_cfm_can_fan.jpg

Got the 4 inch can rs4ho 165cfm for my 2x4x6 veg tent on a separate fan controller.

rs4hs_165cfm.jpg

fan_contrller.png

I don't have any links for a kit but I can tell you I'm not knocking what you are going after, it's just that fan went bad on me. There are going to be manufacture defects around no matter what you get, it just happens I got one.

I don't usually buy kits because I bought one offline and afterwards after doing research I found out I could have got better seperatly at a cheaper price.

Do a search for can fans. They are a little pricey but are worth it. Made in Germany and have a 3 year warranty. I bought the 6 inch pro series 420 cfm for my 3.5 x4.5 flower room. It has 3 speed settings.
420_cfm_can_fan.jpg

Got the 4 inch can rs4ho 165cfm for my 2x4x6 veg tent on a separate fan controller.

rs4hs_165cfm.jpg

fan_contrller.png

I'll do some research on them and decide on a fan depending what will suit me best as for stealth.

They look nice, but what size area are you using?
A professional grower I know, switched from 1000 watt MH to LEC's (cmh). He cut his $4000 monthly electric bill in half. No joke.
I made the switch myself and couldn't be happier. A 300, 600, or even a 900 watt led has nothing on a 315.
I'm not bashing LED, I just don't like the results compared to cmh.

A professional grower I know, switched from 1000 watt MH to LEC's (cmh). He cut his $4000 monthly electric bill in half. No joke.
I made the switch myself and couldn't be happier. A 300, 600, or even a 900 watt led has nothing on a 315.

Every review I've seen in them was good. Nothing bad so far. But for the price I can't afford it right now. I'm gonna have to go with hps/mh starting out and after a few grows and selling I'll have to invest in one to try out. But for now I'm gonna have to go with a 1000w ballast with 600w and 1000w bulbs. About $200 difference. But that difference puts me over my current budget. But I will definitely be investing in one because of all the good things I'm hearing about them.

If you have any links to one around the same price as the hps I'm going for that will do the same as a 1000w ballast and be able to go as low as a 600w for around $150-$200 I'd be up for it, but what I'm seeing them for right now is around $380-$450.

Grow World has nanolux 315's for $250. The 630 is $420. Yes you read that correctly....lol. I have sun systems LEC's. 2 630's and a single 315. Love them.

I'll have to wait to invest in one then. I'm already gonna be getting everything at once, so the $100 difference puts me over budget at the moment. But as we said, I will definitely be buying one to at least try in the future.

YouTube

Check them out!!

Would you recommend the light he has? I found it on amazon. Or would the one you mentioned be best? It would be the 630w double bulb(same as him) if I got it. And what's the life span compared to hps/mh and heat output? Also, do you use the same bulb from seed to harvest? Or do you have 1 bulb for veg and 1 bulb for flower?

Would you recommend the light he has? I found it on amazon. Or would the one you mentioned be best? It would be the 630w double bulb(same as him) if I got it. And what's the life span compared to hps/mh and heat output? Also, do you use the same bulb from seed to harvest? Or do you have 1 bulb for veg and 1 bulb for flower?

Does it have a toggle/switch that allows you to change the output? You can run a lower power bulb off a 630 watt fixture just not the other way round!

Back
Top Bottom