Setup question

Mongbrain0406

I was thinking about turning a small caravan into a grow room using a 600w hps it has a aircon in it would that do to keep the temps down and as a ventilation system with fans inside ?

37191B5F-7050-41BD-801E-19C3E75F649D.png
Similar to this one

Light proofing would be a pain. Even the canvas on the raised top will let light through it if it's anything like my camper. Temps would be really hard to keep down. If the neighbours are close by they would smell it, and hear the fans roaring trying to keep it cool. Also you would need a really good heavy extension cord to get enough power out there depending on how far from the power source you are.
Those are the flaws that come to mind.
I'm all for DYI and innovation but this looks difficult.

Light proofing would be a pain. Even the canvas on the raised top will let light through it if it's anything like my camper. Temps would be really hard to keep down. If the neighbours are close by they would smell it, and hear the fans roaring trying to keep it cool. Also you would need a really good heavy extension cord to get enough power out there depending on how far from the power source you are.
Those are the flaws that come to mind.

Good point on the light issue for sure

Would work great for auto's

I like my tent for a lot of reasons. The main ones are that someone has already thought of everything you are going to need for setting up, it’s light proof, it contains the smell because it’s a closed (controllable) environment. You could actually put a tent inside something like that. It would solve the smell and light issue. Noise? If it’s next to the street or sitting on a driveway, you’ll probably hear it, which would be a problem. Especially in the dead of night. Noise from something that isn’t suppose to be making noise is a flag.

Back
Top Bottom