Severe tacoing need your urgent support

Longhini

Light MH 600 w dimmed to 400 w and place 22” above canopy
Temp constant 23-24 goes down to 19 during night Then up to 27 for 30 mins during night also
Humid 35-55 RH
2 oschilating 6” fans one blowing on top of affected plant (30 days old)and another blowing on another (14days) old seedling
1 10” fan blowing on the open reflector all the time.
Strain is feminized super silver haze from cropping seeds
Watering with 6.4-6.5 PH
Feeding seaweeds&fish , flora nova grow and started feeding cal mag only 2 days ago
I water every 5 days till run off with feed-water-feed-water scheme
The effected plant was Topped 2 days ago
It was placed directly under the light could it be the issue? Shall I raise the light more? Or just leave it there and watch.

Attachments

• 5AA84F65-027C-4C67-8F7D-F18448C62BFD.jpeg
    5AA84F65-027C-4C67-8F7D-F18448C62BFD.jpeg
    921.5 KB · Views: 193
Could be a sign of heat/humidity/transpiration issue. But could also be a sign of the start of a magnesium deficiency (may see yellowing between the veins or a lighter green outline in the near future). Assuming they are receiving adequate calcium, give them a shot of Epsom salts (magnesium sulfate).

Could be both, I suppose - but a 400-watt metal halide 22" away doesn't seem out of line to me (in fact, I'd be itching to lower the light) .

What is your water source? Distilled? Or something that has some (available) calcium in it? If the latter, adding your combined calcium/magnesium product might not solve a magnesium deficiency issue, because the ratio between the two elements is just about as important as the respective amounts. It's like... Like the engine in your car's fuel:air ratio is screwed up, either way too lean or way too rich. Adding more fuel AND air at that point isn't the solution, balancing the two is.

But it might not be a magnesium deficiency, lol. How comfortable is the back of your hand if you set it directly on top of the plant and hold it there for a couple minutes?

Also consider lightening the feed but feeding every time instead of alternating. I know not everyone does this - but you're not giving them light-energy every other day. It's not exactly rare to hear (or read about) someone saying a thing like, "Yep, I gave them a good feed and they perked right up." This translates to "My plants were lacking in nutrients until I fed them." :rolleyes:

I've never been a huge fan of soil/soilless grows, or of feeding plants with so-called "organic" fertilizers. Some people worry about hydroponic methods... "If I do something wrong, it'll cause harm immediately." Yeah, but that tells you what it was that you did wrong - and the opposite is also generally true, in that attempting to fix a problem shows quicker results; not so much trying a thing, waiting, trying a different thing, trying a third thing, oh, look, it's better - but which of the three things actually helped?

Some opinions in the above, of course. Those and a few dollars will get you a ridiculously overpriced cup of syrupy coffee-flavored water. I don't do dawns well, especially not hours after a mere two-hour nap.

Could be a sign of heat/humidity/transpiration issue. But could also be a sign of the start of a magnesium deficiency (may see yellowing between the veins or a lighter green outline in the near future). Assuming they are receiving adequate calcium, give them a shot of Epsom salts (magnesium sulfate).

Could be both, I suppose - but a 400-watt metal halide 22" away doesn't seem out of line to me (in fact, I'd be itching to lower the light) .

What is your water source? Distilled? Or something that has some (available) calcium in it? If the latter, adding your combined calcium/magnesium product might not solve a magnesium deficiency issue, because the ratio between the two elements is just about as important as the respective amounts. It's like... Like the engine in your car's fuel:air ratio is screwed up, either way too lean or way too rich. Adding more fuel AND air at that point isn't the solution, balancing the two is.

But it might not be a magnesium deficiency, lol. How comfortable is the back of your hand if you set it directly on top of the plant and hold it there for a couple minutes?

Also consider lightening the feed but feeding every time instead of alternating. I know not everyone does this - but you're not giving them light-energy every other day. It's not exactly rare to hear (or read about) someone saying a thing like, "Yep, I gave them a good feed and they perked right up." This translates to "My plants were lacking in nutrients until I fed them." :rolleyes:

I've never been a huge fan of soil/soilless grows, or of feeding plants with so-called "organic" fertilizers. Some people worry about hydroponic methods... "If I do something wrong, it'll cause harm immediately." Yeah, but that tells you what it was that you did wrong - and the opposite is also generally true, in that attempting to fix a problem shows quicker results; not so much trying a thing, waiting, trying a different thing, trying a third thing, oh, look, it's better - but which of the three things actually helped?

Some opinions in the above, of course. Those and a few dollars will get you a ridiculously overpriced cup of syrupy coffee-flavored water. I don't do dawns well, especially not hours after a mere two-hour nap.

Thank u very much for ur reply, I’m guessing it’s a magnesium def. but as u said the cal mag didn’t do a thing, shall I go for Epsom salt - solfat magnesium- ? Do I mix with other bytes or shall I foliage spray ??

Water source?

I'd mix up a foliar feed of magnesium. Forget the recommended pH for that, or concentration. Not ordinarily a real big fan of foiliar feeding - but do understand that it has its uses, and a quick shot of Mg seems to be one of them.

sprayed it with water+Magnesium Sulphate PH was 7.00 without any PHing , water source is bottled drinking water (low sodium) , lets hope i finally get to say they perked up after feeding lol

Ah. I was hoping you'd reply that you are using tap water, that it is full of calcium, and that at least some of that Ca is in a form available to plants (not all is). That would infer the possibility of having too much Ca (for the amount of Mg present, I mean) in your final mixture after adding your usual amount of the Ca/Mg supplement.

Now, knowing that this is not the case, I am become less certain of my "most likely" diagnosis.

I was hoping to return to this thread and discover new replies by multiple people. Either to confirm my hunch as being likely or to offer reasoning for discounting it. Both because I'd like to see your plant's health improve (of course!), and because I have no problem with being "schooled" if it increases my knowledge.

Please keep us updated. Hopefully, new growth will be healthy. As an aside, do you feel the growth/size of your plant is approximately what you would have expected by this point in time, given your lighting, amount of nutrients, general environmental conditions, et cetera?

And I'm still hoping that others will chime in with their thoughts on this one.

First.... and havn't read a word.... probably listen to TS.... and we're sorry for him. He has such a sweet heart.... and is just a huge resource, but it can be a touch much.
Ok... lemme look.

Oh TS.... you're just overthinkin this one. Totally looks like heat to me. If it were a def of some type, you'd see other signs, probably discoloration, by the time you saw that much curl. Get her away from the lights. Put a temp probe right next or in the top leaves. In my hot world, one can not have enough wind.
Damn. I felt sure TS wouldda been spot on. Rockin my world. Meh. Another day, another thread. He's like a little version of superman.

I've been suckling from the kryptonite teat lo these many years, ya know.

Thanks, again, for stopping by.

There was this nagging voice whispering, "Occam's razor! If it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck, and quacks like a duck... It's probably not the world's craftiest condor in disguise." But I'm deaf as a post in one ear, and the other isn't quite as good, lol.

In other words, I'm perfectly willing to accept your diagnosis that it's obviously the... err... obvious thing. But HOW can this be, with only a 400-watt MH (or a 600-watt metal halide driven at only 400 watts, anyway) almost two feet away? That distance is what had me thinking it could be something (anything) else.

Quack baby... Quack!

But HOW can this be, with only a 400-watt MH (or a 600-watt metal halide driven at only 400 watts, anyway) almost two feet away?

We're not there... we're not on the spot with our hands in the bush. You know... we really just can't be totally sure, but the duck seems obvious.... plus Tead knows him sum hot plants.
A high low temp probe at canopy top that was in place at the exact moment of damage is really the only answer... but that ain't dis.

I agree with TS's initial diagnosis and Tead's second opinion. Heat would seem to be the problem here. It's a problem I deal with quite often with my short tents. I try to veg the plants JUST A LITTLE longer and it bites me in the butt every time. The plants end up near the light and I have to super crop them. Why I don't know, but they really don't seen to mind having the top 8" snapped on a 90 degree angle.

It sure looks like heat stress to me. Only way to know for sure is to get that thermometer out there and check the canopy temps. How big was the section you clipped off when you topped? Was it by chance shading these under leaves?

The temps of the tent are measured by a thermometer hanged at 16” below the light

Constant 23-24 during the day
19-21 At night bet there was a gap between that where temps go up to 27.5 and then drop down again but I stopped it last night thinking it might be the issue but it was happening during night time that’s why I thought it’s allright.

Ladies are sleeping at the moment I’ll take some pics when they wake up to see the results and I kdon’t guy take a video of the setup so u guys can give ur feedbacks , thank u all for being here for me and for the my ladies, u have no idea how stressed I was getting trying to deal with it alone,
Fingers crossed will update u in 5 hours or so
Peace n love

Not the same so heat is ruled out
Another thing to mention , I’m running an A/C for 20 hours a day in a 9x9 closed room and my tent is 4x4 8” in-line fan 2 6” fans blowing on the plants 1 10” blowing up toward the bulb , and I’m running a 4” inch carbon filter and exhaust , 18-6 cycle

Morning photo session
What do u think? I see the 2 new tops growing out nicely and I think the taco leaves are gonna stay deformed ,

Attachments

• 437A3DDA-99CD-467C-B9BD-0A0B924B364B.jpeg
    437A3DDA-99CD-467C-B9BD-0A0B924B364B.jpeg
    931.4 KB · Views: 134
  • 8AE4D6DC-DD16-40B3-9B5C-206C09AF94B5.jpeg
    8AE4D6DC-DD16-40B3-9B5C-206C09AF94B5.jpeg
    608.5 KB · Views: 143
  • F585C918-93D5-4D25-B4D7-FADA49A3FA2F.jpeg
    F585C918-93D5-4D25-B4D7-FADA49A3FA2F.jpeg
    541.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 79ADF454-03D7-43AE-9AA8-A08DCD3C0FD1.jpeg
    79ADF454-03D7-43AE-9AA8-A08DCD3C0FD1.jpeg