SeymoreNugget's DIY talk - Building lights - Sharing ideas

I need something like this. Just to keep a mother alive and get the clones in the veg before they move to the bigger tent or some kitchen herbs.

420-magazine-mobile1013600372.jpg
420-magazine-mobile879794966.jpg

Some materials for my fixture. Still waiting for 4 more chips and the 730nm diodes and some thin heatsinks. The half of the heatsink will cool one cob, the L profile will hold the Infrared Diodes umderneath, a thin stripe of heatsink will be mounted on top for a passive cooling. Hopefully its ready to use mid january.

I got the box on eBay. For about $60. "Nicebox" is the name of the company. Look them up. I think they may do custom sizes. This one happened to fit my area perfectly

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

A lot of the items and products you guys and my american friends use are not available in europe unless you wanna pay huge shipping fees and a lot of tax on top. Just not worth it. I will look for it. But i guess its one of these things again.

I didn't know you were on the other side of the pond. Yeah that would be a bit of a ticket.
And assuming you don't have a eBay UK Or something. Maybe that's your calling. Get on that. .

No we live under rocks and eat spiders xD yes there is a ebay/Amazon and all that for almost every european country

Remember americans are just europeans that wanted to DIY a cpl of centuries back :))

I guess i will build something out of wood and white plastic/foil, as long as the plants dont smell i can put them anywhere in the appartement without a filter n stuff

What I was getting at is see if their is a tent builder in your area.

Believe me. They are gonna stink. My little box smells with the fans off.

Yeah, but clones and mothers dont really smell unless you dont play with them. Have them open in a corner and no one is smelling a thing. I dont want to flower in that tiny unfiltered space

Yesterday i finally revieved my 5 CLU04812124000K80Cri. One of these i will use for preparing the basil, some other kitchen greens, chilis and maybe even some clones for the next season. Its almost ready to go, built out of leftovers and powered by a Mars 2 Driver @30W. I will add a picture when i am finished.

The other 4 are waiting But i have to work all the holidays. Maybe on the 27th i find the time. Unfortunatelly i just have 13x730nm 5W Diodes and can not run them with one of the other 5 Mars 2 Drivers i have. If these 13 will be enough for flower initiation in my setup i maybe look out for a small and cheap driver for them. Otherwise i have to buy at least 7 more diodes, i dont see another way to get that extra volts to turn them on.

Nice. Which CLU058? Have some Data on the Driver, too? I was bored at work so i did a lil painting. Thats the plan.

420-magazine-mobile1510328605.jpg

UV will be in there later too, maybe in the middle of the light cycle to simulate the aggressive midday sun. Left and right 30w each, or between the rows to getbthe spread more in the center

Nice. Which CLU058? Have some Data on the Driver, too? I was bored at work so i did a lil painting. Thats the plan.

420-magazine-mobile1510328605.jpg

UV will be in there later too, maybe in the middle of the light cycle to simulate the aggressive midday sun. Left and right 30w each, or between the rows to getbthe spread more in the center
I am running the CLU058-3500K 80CRI.

Each pair is pushed by a HLG-240h-2100b

I use a 50k pot and run around 75% of driver capacity with zero heat issues.

I will be adding the rapid led far red as well as a rapid led rooting kit for veg.

I am also planning on switching to a drip setup in the new year.

I'd go autopot in uk or us but shipping to Canada is a joke.

There are CLU058/1825, CLU058/3618, maybe more. .

Have you picked the parts yourself or bought kits? How much you have spent on 1 chip? Really nice

There are CLU058/1825, CLU058/3618, maybe more. .

Have you picked the parts yourself or bought kits? How much you have spent on 1 chip? Really nice
Oh sorry lol.

They are the 1825s.

I sourced most of it myself because I am in Canada.

But chips and heat sinks came from a supplier that isn't a sponsor.

Not sure I can post it.

I got the chip and holder for $38.

The passive heatsinks were $24 each but I need less of them with less lights.

And fans break/consume wattage so I opted for passive.

All in I was around $600 Canadian for a light I can adjust and repair/upgrade as needed.

Ok. Where you from? When i am done i guess i spent about 450 to 500 euros including 2 UV Bulbs
Yes I am in Canada.

The 1825s are pricey to run but most effecient in the higher wattage and great price.

My lady's are loving them.

Check out my journal.

Yeah, i ment where in C. I have family on BC. Have a link? Mobile app doesnt show sig, sry

What wires you used for your cobs? Single core wire 18g?

Yeah, i ment where in C. I have family on BC. Have a link? Mobile app doesnt show sig, sry

What wires you used for your cobs? Single core wire 18g?
I'm in Saskatchewan.

I use NEC solid core 20awg.

Works best with the solder less holders.

Alrighty, do you know whats the difference to a regular multicore wire?

Update:

As it is damn tricky to find a Meanwell Driver for my 4 Clus with 240W in my area for under 100€ i will grab one with 200W (HLG185C1400A) for 60. So one chip will only have 50 instead of 60 Watts. 200W for 60 or 240 for 100. Kind of not worth it, or what you guys would buy? The chips were so cheap and they are so small i guess they would get too hot with 60 Watts for my liking. I dont know.

This thing has an internal dimmer, does this mean you can change the wattage with a flathead screwdriver or something? I am a littlebit concerned if anything could go wrong with this driver because the chips would use 236 Watts at 1400mA. Can the Driver fail because of overpowering, or whats going to happen when i crank the meter up to max?

Alrighty, do you know whats the difference to a regular multicore wire?

Update:

As it is damn tricky to find a Meanwell Driver for my 4 Clus with 240W in my area for under 100€ i will grab one with 200W (HLG185C1400A) for 60. So one chip will only have 50 instead of 60 Watts. 200W for 60 or 240 for 100. Kind of not worth it, or what you guys would buy? The chips were so cheap and they are so small i guess they would get too hot with 60 Watts for my liking. I dont know.

This thing has an internal dimmer, does this mean you can change the wattage with a flathead screwdriver or something? I am a littlebit concerned if anything could go wrong with this driver because the chips would use 236 Watts at 1400mA. Can the Driver fail because of overpowering, or whats going to happen when i crank the meter up to max?

Your driver will only push what it's Max is.

Some a bit more some less.

Yes your dimmer raises and lowers wattage.

I run mine below 80% which is recommended.

The main issue is heat. So it is dependant on your heat sinks rating.

Just start at 50% and work up to your happy spot while watching heat and plants.

And yes. That is your dimmer. You may want a Watt meter to know exactly what your running at.

I have the remote dimming model so I can dim using a potentiometer.

I just marked different wattage on the case so now I don't need the meter.

200 for 60 is a better deal and a reason that driver is popular

Back
Top Bottom