SeymoreNugget's DIY talk - Building lights - Sharing ideas

Yea id end up with 115 Euro for the 4 chips+holders, the Driver, even with the aluminum. Luckily i already had some good heatsinks and Fans for them. Great deal for 200W. I had a bad deal for the 2 veros, i payed 170 for them including heatsinks and drivers. But yeah, the price has dropped. I will be arround 400 now for 340W. That will be more than enough for my 2x3 i guess

I run mine below 80% which is recommended.

The main issue is heat. So it is dependant on your heat sinks rating.

Just start at 50% and work up to your happy spot while watching heat and plants.

You own a infrared thermometer? I would love to see some center light temps with the actual wattage draw. Can you do this for us?

A lil Update for the 6 Atomical Haze and the 5 Nebula. Hopefully i get 3 of the Nebulas. They dont look too happy but they are growing, so i guess there are some roots. Cut them 3 weeks ago.

420-magazine-mobile471341948.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1272366258.jpg

I use DIY COBs myself, currently using Cree 3590's but have just got hold of some CLU048 1212's which I will build in the new year when the drivers arrive. £40 for 5 COB's and each will be run individually by a 50w driver @£4.50 each. DIY just got real cheap :)

IMG_013450.JPG

DSC022688.JPG

Don't worry about how ragged the plants look in the flowering tent, nothing to do with the lights at all lol. They're all experiment plants, one in soil from the garden, one straight from 12/12 lighting and clones into flower straight from the stem. No heat issues at all.

Oh nice. As you can see in this thread I have the same 1212 Chips and i am on a decision about the Driver. Was aiming at 50W per chip lol. Tell me more about that drivers, i would need 4 or 5 :) btw the chip price drops to 4,5 when you buy 180pcs. Go for it. :)

Thank you. The 1212 at 1500mA wants to pull 64W from the wall with this driver. Does it limit itsself, even if not dimmable... Or is this just not the right driver?

I'm hoping that I'll be able to adjust it down to the right wattage, or that the driver will run the COB harder, or now you mention it it could be the wrong driver, I'm sure I'll rig something together though one way or the other :thumb:

When ordering my dimmable drivers. In.pretty sure I saw there are 2 different dimmable drivers. The D series. Which is believe is analog. And the P series. Which is pulse with modulation. Just keep an eye out for that.

Dirt Man Dan

I'm foaming at the mouth to get my new light kit and get started. I keep checking the tracking website. Lol

Dirt Man Dan

I've just had a double check of those drivers I linked and unless I'm mistaken the voltage can be varied giving me between 48w and 54w from the wall, whilst remaining within the voltage limits of the Citizen chip (31.8v - 37.5v) whilst still being well within the max forward current of 2760mA, it will mean running the driver at it's limits between the 48w and 50w max range but at this price if they last 6 months I've had my monies worth. Whew! Had me flustered for a moment there and it didn't help with me being so groggy over Christmas. Pretty sure they should be fine unless I've made a mistake with my calculations but hangover head says they're fine :thumb:

Just let us know. I just put too much time and money on my ideas... I just want a cabin that does its thing for at least 2 years without any changes or any work that has to be done besides on the sensitive pussy genetics i prefer. A friend asked me if i can help him building a 2,4m x 1,2m x 2,3m flower room and a 1,2x1,2x2,3m veg room. I was considering using 32 of the 1212@40W for flower and 16 for veg. 8 rows with 4 lights flower, 4 rows with 4 lights veg. One Meanwell 320/1050 can run 8 of them. I can get the chips for 7euro each, thats why i would use these smaller chips. But i guess at 40 watts they are pretty efficient for that small money

I thought about 8 trees in 5-6 gal (20-30L) air pots/soil

Any better ideas? I guess this is the only way to build a almost 2k kw rig for under 2500bucks

Sounds like a good enough plan, I've not worked out how many watts you will be running overall in the room (it's always supposed to be between 35-50w) as I'm not so sure that wattage really applies as much nowadays as lights are getting better penetration per watt and better lumens/photons etc. 4 lights per plants sounds great. I've just received some server heatsinks that cost me just over £5 each and are rated at 80w TDP. Bonus buys, I need to start going round the scrap yards or something lol.

When everything works as planned i can run the COBs at a maximum of 40 watts each. So max 1280 bloom and 640 veg dimmable to about 10 percent of that Depending on the driver version (HLG320HC1050 8 cobs each). I guess we never have to go to the max in that space. Maybe we decide to split the available space in half and keep the wattages like i said to give them a boost when we put them into flower. I thought about a 1:1 mix of 3000k 80 cri and 3000k 90 cri (far red) for bloom and 4000k 80 cri for veg. 4kK is the highest Kelvin 1212 Chip i can get for that price and i think it will be cool enough for a decent veg. I pay 560 Euro for 50x Clu0481212 inkl 50x holders, 50x 60 degree reflectors and shipping. Great deal.

Back
Top Bottom