SeymoreNugget's DIY talk - Building lights - Sharing ideas

Yup they are great i will grab some more for air circulation.

The light finally made it back to the tent. Still only 2 cobs powered. I was thinking about which driver i use for the 4 chips in the corners. I think i will grab another 2 cobs without reflectors, put them in the 2 centers and buy a ELG 240/1050.

This way i can run 6 Clus 4000k with 0-40W each and the 2 Veros 3500K in the middle 0-68W per chip. I will run them all at about 40W so i end up 320W with an optional 56W Boost if needed. The 730nm Diodes i will mount under the 2 stripe shaped heatsinks need a driver too... This and the UV Bulbs are going to take some more time
420-magazine-mobile1156665014.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1940930671.jpg

But for now in early veg we all happy .

I guess i will port the 2x3500K to the red marks and put the other 2x4000K on their Position. Then it will be the best possible spread i can get in my tiny closet with the chips i could get my hands in for the money. My limit was 500 bucks, now i end up with 480 and some handy tools i can use in the future :)

The Plan for future grows will be 6x4000K80Cri ~135-250W (based on driver possibilities) for Veg, 1-2 weeks before i initiate flower add the Veros29.7 3500K80Cri and slowly increase the power from 0 to ~140 W. Maybe more maybe less, the plants will tell. A day or 2 before i am shortening the days i will introduce the 12x 5 W 730nm diodes for 15 minutes after main lights go out. In middle and late flower i will add a littlebit UVA and UVB. Maybe 40W in the middle of the light period for 30 minutes. We will see

THEN... Finally... I will... Hopefully.... Be happy for the next couple of years. I guess this would be really good light for every situation

Maybe i can add some PWM Sunrise/Sunset on one of the Circuits to play a littlebit with that to have a more complex power Management instead of the BAM every day when everything turns on at once. In the end its a nice Hobby :)

Go check out the site I got my stuff from. Rapid LED dot com.
They have storm controllers that can do cloud simulation and geographic sunrise/set

Dirt Man Dan

I must applaud you. Your light will be quite the build when your finished. Similar to the GM5 Canopy 10 build.

Dirt Man Dan

Hello Dirt Man Dan 6am in winter wonderland, good morning sir and thanks, nice to have your feedback! I guess i have to check on that light from gm5 :)

now that i... Hopefully... LOL... have finished the alpha phase of adding new features... i just realised i end up with 8(!) Cobs on 2x3 .

If the reflectors are removed the spread will be awesome even when i go pretty low on height and wattage. I guess this is super efficient with all these high quality parts. I have 18awg Single core copper wire in the whole lighting system and the solder is like the manufacturer wants it without lead. :)

I will wait and see what happens under the one Chip i am using at the moment at 30W. The 4000K from Citizen 1212 is a noticeable cooler white than the 3500K from Vero. Lets wait and see what they do in veg and flower.

Good to know for my next project. I guess for the Veg Room setup i am good with this 4000K Chips, but for flower better go down to all 3000K with these 1212. I have to place a order soon because the nice price will expire in the next weeks.

Better grab 60 of them for the future :)

60 for the future. Someone wants to sens SOS signals to the space station. Lol
I just finished off my setup. And honestly. Am pretty content with what I have for now.... not to say I won't want to change something in the future. But the bug has been squashed for now.

Dirt Man Dan

Hello Dirt Man Dan 6am in winter wonderland, good morning sir and thanks, nice to have your feedback! I guess i have to check on that light from gm5 :)

now that i... Hopefully... LOL... have finished the alpha phase of adding new features... i just realised i end up with 8(!) Cobs on 2x3 .

If the reflectors are removed the spread will be awesome even when i go pretty low on height and wattage. I guess this is super efficient with all these high quality parts. I have 18awg Single core copper wire in the whole lighting system and the solder is like the manufacturer wants it without lead. :)

I will wait and see what happens under the one Chip i am using at the moment at 30W. The 4000K from Citizen 1212 is a noticeable cooler white than the 3500K from Vero. Lets wait and see what they do in veg and flower.

Good to know for my next project. I guess for the Veg Room setup i am good with this 4000K Chips, but for flower better go down to all 3000K with these 1212. I have to place a order soon because the nice price will expire in the next weeks.

Better grab 60 of them for the future :)

I can't understand why old tech would get more expensive rather than depreciate in value. At the end of production life another will take it's place as value, probably the 1818. I did go back and check the price of the supplier where I got mine from and they have increased their price, but that's down to greed rather than end of stock and it took me less than 20 minutes to find them elsewhere at a much more reasonable price, which is where I'll be going for my future purchases.

The price goes up because the seller changed his ebay to new a account and now there is VAT. The price itsself drops but VAT increases the final price. But i got my deal and he said i have some time left.

I was thinking about a factory tray of 180pcs because the price drops from 7 to 4,4 bucks per unit. They are Sold for 15 to 19 in my location. .

The price goes up because the seller changed his ebay to new a account and now there is VAT. The price itsself drops but VAT increases the final price. But i got my deal and he said i have some time left.

I was thinking about a factory tray of 180pcs because the price drops from 7 to 4,4 bucks per unit. They are Sold for 15 to 19 in my location. .

By the time you've built and used 180 1212's the chances are they'll have been superseded in value by the 1818, unless you're going to use them in the very near future you may want to hold off. I'll be ordering another batch although from elsewhere soon as I'm drilling and tapping the heat sinks tomorrow then I'll finish the build Monday when I pick up some screws. Held back by such a minor detail lol. Your build looks a lot nicer than mine will as I'm building mine all run on separate drivers and going dirt cheap, they should still work just as well though, fingers crossed :)

I'm not sure what you mean by makros of your work but I think I'd be interested to see some now you mention them. Dirt cheap is only relative, I like dirt cheap and that's why my drivers cost just over a fiver each in comparison to yours which are by no means cheap. So you mean cheap but only when it comes to these chips from this seller? You don't make any sense and it sounds a little like a sales ploy to me, there's absolutely no point in paying more for these chips than last week, and the same applies to next week too. In fact it won't be long until the 1212's are long gone from everywhere not just the bay, mind you, you'll have some stock to sell just don't expect to get much for them when 1818's are selling at around the price these are now :thumb:

I meant makro shots with my camera that show some lousy handwork :)

I decided not to buy all the 180 chips and only go for the 60.

For the pricing and the 1212: The seller and i had a deal that i get the chips for less money when i take 60 plus holders plus reflectors. He now has a new ebay account, he is expanding and is now mainly exporting, more items ect.

Therefore he has to add international Tax and the end price goes up even The item price itself goes down. This makes perfect sense to me and has Nothing to do with the item value or the price for the item. He even does not make money on this tax thing, so i dont think of greed.

The 1212 is still in production and there is a new Generation of the 1212 Coming out soon as far as i know. I dont think the 1212 will dissapear in the next years.

I will stick to this chip of the unbeatable price. Where else can we get this amount of light for under 700euro?

The next step will be decide how much of each chip i will buy.

I want 50 Cobs for 3,5m2. 30W each. One big room from seed to bud. 10 rows with 150W each.

I can choose from 3000K80Cri,3000K90Cri, 3500K 90Cri and 4000K80Cri. I have to buy them in 5pcs trays of one colour. Also 5pcs will be powered from Meanwell 150/700 driver.

Now i start to find out how i place and wire them. I start with 20x4000K for veg and later I guess ill go for 20x3000k80Cri and 10x3000k90Cri for flower

O O X ' O X O X ' O X O
O X O ' X O X O ' X O O
O O X ' O X O X ' O X O
O X O ' X O X O ' X O O
O O X ' O X O X ' O X O

The X are the 4000K Chips. I will have 25 of them, so i can use more then 20 and change them to 3000K in necessary when i they flower. I guess i will order 25x4000K80Cri, 25x3000K80Cri and 10x3000K90Cri

Just a first idea. The outer rows can be moved to the ' marked position while flower.

It sounds like a great setup I can't wait to see it going :thumb: I made a mess of my test build tonight ended up with a half drill bit stuck in my heatsink while I was trying to hold it in my hand. The G clamps were just slightly too small but thought I'd give it a crack. Couldn't get it out so decided to let go, turn the bench drill on and let it fly, was fun seeing it fly but I reckon this one has to be put down to experience lol. I'm not trying again until I get a proper vice:

I'll flatten it down and turn the holder round for the next guide holes. I was pretty impressed to find that it was a full copper base though after drilling into what looked like aluminium. These are rated to 80w passive:

I'm curious why the Mouser Tech didn't recommend the HLG-240h-C2100.
You can drive 3 Vero 29's and it has overdrive/dimming features.

But it is $100.00.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

It sounds like a great setup I can't wait to see it going :thumb: I made a mess of my test build tonight ended up with a half drill bit stuck in my heatsink while I was trying to hold it in my hand. The G clamps were just slightly too small but thought I'd give it a crack. Couldn't get it out so decided to let go, turn the bench drill on and let it fly, was fun seeing it fly but I reckon this one has to be put down to experience lol. I'm not trying again until I get a proper vice:

I'll flatten it down and turn the holder round for the next guide holes. I was pretty impressed to find that it was a full copper base though after drilling into what looked like aluminium. These are rated to 80w passive:

I have done that 2 times because i held the sink in my hands. I just put on a screwdriver an hammered the broken drill out the other side. On the other sink this wasnt possible so i evened it out and drilled another hole. :) i was rushing too heavy on that day.

When the day comes i will light up the big room, i will how you :) i am happy with my cabin, the big boy is for a friend that wants me to build it for him, not for my home.

Back
Top Bottom