SeymoreNugget's DIY talk - Building lights - Sharing ideas

420-magazine-mobile125316079.jpg
420-magazine-mobile473650225.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

They look great. Def going for some oslons in the future. Different reds, royal blue and cob white.

I tested my 69V vero 29.7 se
Pulls 51W from a 700mA Mars 2 driver. I think i remember they are 84 or 86 % efficient. That must be 43 to 45W of light. Just like expected. They are rated 190lm/W at 855ma. So i should get round 200lmW per light watt. Awesome.

Waiting for my 300x300x3mm aluminum board and then i can start drilling and mounting. Keep you posted :)

420-magazine-mobile389892836.jpg

Current Grow Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2'x3' Flower - 420W DIY COB - SCROG 45W DIY Veg Light

My journey seeking the light. Found some

Hey Seymore I'm back. I didn't want to show my lights for awhile to save me the embarrassment of them packing up on me and conking out within a few weeks lol. But here they are after plenty of running time and they do get a little too warm for my liking, but I have no idea of how to fit any power fans on my heatsinks so for now this will do. They don't look clever, but they cost a maximum of £25 per build so let's see if they can tickle your fancy for a cheapo build ;)

I built 4 of the 5 I ordered but an LED driver popped on me, not bad for 4 of 5 at £4.40 each (seller refunded the faulty driver). Here are the final 3 built, the other one had been shining on my flowers for awhile already:

IMG_0268_1_5.JPG

The flowering tent with a mix of my Rottweiler Series (£220 apiece shipped), Growmau's Cree Kits (£140 apiece shipped) and my own (£25 apiece). They fit in perfectly although I had to move my UV strip light out of the way:

IMG_027761.JPG

The Veg tent with the 300w CFL removed and replaced by two of my 50w each COB's. The Cree had already covered half the tent just fine if a little on the stretchy side which was my mistake as I had put the 5000k in the flowering tent and the 3500k in the Veg tent, I've since switched those around:

IMG_028554.JPG

I'm excited for the future, I can build these all day long and they've done almost a month so far without any hiccups :thumb:

Hey Seymore I'm back. I didn't want to show my lights for awhile to save me the embarrassment of them packing up on me and conking out within a few weeks lol. But here they are after plenty of running time and they do get a little too warm for my liking, but I have no idea of how to fit any power fans on my heatsinks so for now this will do. They don't look clever, but they cost a maximum of £25 per build so let's see if they can tickle your fancy for a cheapo build ;)

I built 4 of the 5 I ordered but an LED driver popped on me, not bad for 4 of 5 at £4.40 each (seller refunded the faulty driver). Here are the final 3 built, the other one had been shining on my flowers for awhile already:

IMG_0268_1_5.JPG

The flowering tent with a mix of my Rottweiler Series (£220 apiece shipped), Growmau's Cree Kits (£140 apiece shipped) and my own (£25 apiece). They fit in perfectly although I had to move my UV strip light out of the way:

IMG_027761.JPG

The Veg tent with the 300w CFL removed and replaced by two of my 50w each COB's. The Cree had already covered half the tent just fine if a little on the stretchy side which was my mistake as I had put the 5000k in the flowering tent and the 3500k in the Veg tent, I've since switched those around:

IMG_028554.JPG

I'm excited for the future, I can build these all day long and they've done almost a month so far without any hiccups :thumb:
I like your single cob builds. A fan would be nice :) i built a single cob unit too a couple of days ago.

Current Grow Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2'x3' Flower - 420W DIY COB - SCROG 45W DIY Veg Light

Need some ideas on where to hide the cob wires ( in and out ). I can't seem to think of way to hide, have serious case of ocd. My fixture is ready to hang, just need to wire cobs
420-magazine-mobile414565280.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

How much did your cob set cost you I'm looking for about the same amount of units just don't know what's what tbh but confusing want something powerful and energy efficient

Velk's First Grow Journal - Coco - Auto - LED

Velk's 2nd Grow Journal - Mephisto Metropolis - Coco - LED

Velks 3rd Run - The Auto Flower Jungle

Agc Auto Growers Club

I like your single cob builds. A fan would be nice :) i built a single cob unit too a couple of days ago.

I'd love to be able to build them with active fans too Seymore but I don't have the knowledge of how to wire the fan itself, plus I wouldn't want any more plug sockets being taken so I would have to find a way to wire it into the plug that fires up the driver too if it's possible. Maybe I'll have a look around online and see if I can find a guide *hint* now would be a great time for someone to make one on 420 ;)

Have you a picture of your single cob build and did you go for a cheaper build for this one or is it all stock parts?

You can even hotglue cheap fans on top. :) done this to my veg light and its running for ~2 weeks now. A cheap 9-12V power supply should be ok. You need about 300mA per fan... I count 400-500 to be good. Then like buckshot said everything is wired parallel so the Amperage from the power supply divides but all the Fans get the same voltage.

About my light
420-magazine-mobile230539302.jpg

The Epistar 5W (Mars2) diodes were cheap but the cob is pretty good. Simple wiring. No dimming, no fancy knobs, switches or displays. Just 2 or 3 drivers on a timer and thats it.

At the moment the heatsinks and fans are not done yet. And the red LED neither of course as you can see. I will mount red diodes to the boards you see, not shure where to place the blues and how many or if i let the plant veg just with the 3500K cob to get a lil more stretch. Dont have much time and the mainly blue 45W light i showed you earlier is keeping my scrog pretty low, so i am not in a hurry.

I had to add round 60 bucks on top of some parts i had incl the cooling. This is only for 1 plant in a 1,75sqft tent.

Hey guys was looking for some people experienced in sizing drivers to give some help. I have some LEDs I was hoping to repurpose from 2 400w led parking lot lights. When I finally got the driver out, I found it was rated for 480v. Totally useless to my application. So I need a 120v equivalent to THIS driver, or an alternative solution.
420-magazine-mobile578814235.jpg

420-magazine-mobile573534382.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1612340681.jpg

420-magazine-mobile263683532.jpg

First Indoor Grow With Mars II 1200W & The McGrow

Back
Top Bottom