Sharing a best practice if anyone is interested

TanyaP

420 Member
Hi Friends,

Hope everyone is happy and high!

I would like to share the pre-work I did in early flowering to get these gorgeous pretty fat buds which still have a fair bit more fattening to do through the grow.

I took big risks in early flowering by shwartzing and lolly popping I lolly popped over half way, and I got rid of several small flimsy colas. It was rather scary they looked naked, and I should add my plants were in excellent health, they are outdoor, and I did not leave their side. For myself doing this at the precise moment before stretch the plant went into overdrive creating new buds sights and leaves everywhere. I continued to clear the below every 5 days, and it was sleepless nights trying at night to get a really comfy sleep place for them that’s perfect temp and airflow
The risk is high causing stress right before timing in my experience I had to ensure everything else was perfect I also gave them some Manuka tea that night which they absolutely loved!

Though I only have 14 colas these buds just keep filling out by the day. I should get some 6 to 8 inch buds plus heaps of other buds, I will probably get a smaller yield, however having less places for all the THC to go I feel the other areas get overcompensated, in the sun they give off this incredible illumination.

my plants also love the occasional sparkling water feed and they also love hand harvested Celtic sea salt it’s lower in sodium and higher in minerals! I do a lot of risky things, but so all those cuttings I collected I dried them out and me and a few mates got so incredibly high it we used it for keef and wow 🤩 I have had to really control myself not to just pick off more buds, however I’m in lockdown now I am standing strong as too much potential damage.

Hope this is a good read.

Happy Growing
Tanya

IMG_2045.jpeg

IMG_2042.jpeg

IMG_2041.jpeg

IMG_2038.jpeg

IMG_2035.jpeg

IMG_1964.jpeg

The fewer shoots a plant (especially cannabis) has, the greater its calcium efficiency is. By removing underworking colas and extra growing tips you raised the calcium efficiency of the plant. This will lead to a higher quality, much more developed flower. In addition to raising the calcium efficiency, by removing extra shoots you allowed the plant to refocus the rest of its resources into its most efficient colas.

If you want the most efficient and highest quality bud possible, cull all growing tips except for the main stem and veg for 60 days.

This is why SOG can produce such high quality buds with such little veg time. Vastly fewer growing shoots with the apical bud being the prize.

Now you know the science behind your observations and can leverage this knowledge even further going forward. Have fun and good luck!

Edit: Do try to leave as many leaves as possible when removing growing tips. Those leaves will help power even better bud production. I slowly remove bud sites over the entire grow while leaving the leaves, from veg to flower. She loves getting trimmed and responds favorably every time.

Back
Top Bottom