Shelf life of nutrients and solutions questions

cnile

i have a bottle of floranova grow. this is a one part nutrient with a shelf life of 1 year. in it is n,p,k,ca,mg,s,fe and more.

if i were to add cal mag to RO water, then this nova grow and leave it in my res (just a res, no plants) and leave it for a month or so i should have no problems right?

the solution will be fine right?

ill be adjusting ph each day but so far in doing this i have seen the ph become stable (or at least more stable) after a week or so.

it would only make sense that the res would have a self life just the same as the bottle of nutes right? i mean its just adding water to it, otherwise its all sitting in the nova grow bottle anyway, its a one part already mixed together so.

whats your guys' take on leaving my real big res mixed up for a month at a time?

No scientific data, but to me once you mix it with water it is a different shelf life (otherwise they would sell "pre-mixed" stuff I would guess), as there are organisms in the water (varies on type of water widely: and in the air. Probably varies on the Nutes too (organic, synthetic etc....), before I read my Nute bottles (yeah I'm dumb sometimes ;) :rofl: ) I would mix up my Nutes and not use them all immediately (mine GO organic stuff) after a week I had all kinds of floating things going on in it. That's when I read the bottle and it said to not mix until ready to use and to use it all up or discard leftovers. But again that is just what my mind thinks is logical or makes sense and doesn't necessarily have a relevant application to reality sometimes ;) :rofl:

Damn. I was hoping someone would say sure, do it I do it all the time.

I guess that would make life too easy.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

I think mine has organic. Very little but some. I've had it since 21st. So around 17 days and nothing floating, smells. Looks ok.

I think a complete organic may be slightly different. Cause that's what your using right? Go box is all organic a?

I think mine has organic. Very little but some. I've had it since 21st. So around 17 days and nothing floating, smells. Looks ok.

I think a complete organic may be slightly different. Cause that's what your using right? Go box is all organic a?

Yeah, but I"m in soil so no idea how fast stuff grows in the tanks in a Hydro system. Just know that even tap water left out doesn't take all that long (days but still not a lot of them) at room temperature for it to start getting yucky looking. If it is circulating and has the air bubbler going it might work better or longer than w/o that. But again just what my gut says and highly possible I have no clue ;) :rofl:....suppose one way to find out if nobody chimes in that has done it, you can take one for the Team ;) LOL

Back
Top Bottom