Shining Silver Haze - Scrog Grow - 600W - Soil

Cdogg, do you use any sort of silicon supplement? Giving them a foliar with Pro-Tekt will supply Si and make those stems less prone to snapping.

A favorite foliar of mine comes courtesy of member bobrown14. This is his integrated pest management (IPM) foliar spray. But it does more than pest control. Just thought I would throw it out there.

:Namaste:

bobrown14 said:
RE: IPM routine - what I do is add in some Pro-tekt every time I foiler spray. Pro-tekt is silica which is the 2nd most abundant element after oxygen found on earth. It's not readily available to plants or humans without help from our friends the soil microbes.

My foliar recipe is:

1 gal water
1 tbs Ful-power
1/2 tsp Pro-tekt
neem cake meal - 2-3 tbs
1-2 tbs Kelp meal ground up in a grinder (coffee or food grinder) -

I put the neem cake meal and the kelp meal in water and let steep like a tea for anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour or so...in a jar and shake it several times before use.

Strain that mix into my spray reservoir with a very fine strainer, then add in the Pro-tekt and ful-power. If I have active pests its an additional 1 tbs of Monterrey liquid (spinosad) added in 2x in a row IPM treatment 3 days apart or 2x a week.

The neem cake meal tea will be about 30-40% as strong as the neem oil but you wont have to worry about spraying at lights out and getting too much oil on the leaves like you had with the 7% solution. You can spray this with lights on with no ill effect. It's recommended to spray close to lights out or early on beginning of light on schedule. I.E. not in the middle of the day for the ladies.

2nd week:
^^^ The same thing without spinosad. This can be applied up to the day before harvest.

That's how I do it week in week out ... I also sprinkle neem cake meal on surface of soil on the ladies (not seedlings/clones) a few pinches. just for shits a giggles - ALL pests really do not like neem. The meal is easier to deal with for me. You can also use the neem cake meal and oil together.. just figure out what works best for each cultivar. When I need to use the oil I use soap nuts as an emulsifier, another emulsifier that is great is Aloe gel.
Sometimes I add in aloe/coconut water to the IPM mix.. the ladies really love that!

A friend of mine who loves to smoke had three separate bags with him today

Pineapple kush
Cheese
Amnesia haze

It amazes me at the complete difference in smell between them ! The pineapple smelt so sweet it even nearly converted me into a smoker :blunt:
And the cheese well Christ it was strong lol such a great plant so many interesting factors to growing it and the final product !!
Thanks for the report. We have a cheese going right now and it is the front runner in the veg tent. Can't wait!

Cdogg, do you use any sort of silicon supplement? Giving them a foliar with Pro-Tekt will supply Si and make those stems less prone to snapping.

A favorite foliar of mine comes courtesy of member bobrown14. This is his integrated pest management (IPM) foliar spray. But it does more than pest control. Just thought I would throw it out there.

I don't no maybe Somthing il look into next grow all the tucking and moving is over so should be safe now . Appreciate the advice :thumb:
These did get a blast of dust off as I had a small powdery mildew problem early on but nothing major and nothing since

Hi guys haven't been online for a bit so thought I'd give an update.

I'm now up to full strength nute feeding (Dutch pro) still my girls show no or very little sign of burn and continue to look healthy :thumb:
Just started week 4 flower and the changes are clear to see ... Pictures to follow vvvv

As you know I've scrogged this grow and I've actually now reverse scrogged (just made that up lol) a few of my bud sites to create a more even canopy plus bringing more of it into the lights direct path !! I feel even in a week the benefits are clear my tops are long and linking well and even starting to fatten up pretty good! I still have. Long way until harvest (I estimate 5/7 weeks) so am hoping for a good yield.
The girls are so crystally it's like I've thrown in a tub of glitter !! And I've already got a few Amber hairs which I'm guessing is normal I just didn't expect it so early!!

Ok so here's the fun part sorry most are side ways !! Schoolboy error but il remember for next time

image10138.jpeg
image10137.jpeg
image10141.jpeg
image10140.jpeg
image10144.jpeg
image10143.jpeg

Here's a couple close ups .. Note the Amber/red hairs

image10139.jpeg
image10142.jpeg

Obviously this is my first grow so as usual feed back suggestions etc welcome and appreciated !!
Oh and I did defol tons last week which in my opinion let the buds receive more light and improved their size which has created longer and more linked up sites ... Seriously consider doing more now as my canopy seems to fill out as fast as I trim her up !!

Last but not least these girls are stinkkkky really giving off a great smell now :cheer:

Looking fantastic for your first grow. Great flower shape, color is in line too, awesome job.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Thanks guys I'm happy so far and have learned so much already so know my next grow will be better! As its my first grow I really am intrigued to find out yield.

Nismo I've more An idea of my set up then strains right now ! As I noted a while back in this journal I got a real good deal on a couple cool hoods .. I plan on getting another tent 2.40x1.20x2m which is exactly twice my floor space in current tent which I feel a 600w hps is ideal for. I will instal a double cool hood setup scrubber etc and dependant on yield from this scrog do this as a 1200w double scrog tent (one strain to promote even Canopy)
I will also set my current 1.20x1.20m back up and let 6 plants go straight up to see difference in yield there will be some LST but for the majority il let the girls grow wild more An experiment then any else.
Strain is Somthing I'm researching now but I'm pretty set on UK cheese for the experiment tent as I know of great success with this strain already. So many choices and routes to choose from ! I'm even thinking ahead to grow three which I think il try hydro, again experimental but thats a long while off. I have a couple holidays planned and I'm already cutting it fine with curing this current grow so it will be a while before I can start my second ... More research time :thumb:

HELPPPP like a bloody moron I forgot to turn my CFL off the hps is on timer 12/12 but CFL I do munually ! I'm on week 5 flower and the buds look amazing but like a fool I forgot to unplug the CFL so the plants have been receiving 24hour light for nearly two days !!! I'm so annoyed at myself ! Any input on this would be great are my girls doomed ??

I don't think they are doomed, but just keep a close eye on the plants to make sure they don't hermie.

Even if one does hermie, you can remove the offending branch and balls. You will probably have to do it more than once, but you can save a plant that hermies if you catch it soon enough.

Had a look and took a few pics this evening obviously it's far to early to tell if I'm going to have a problem other then that buds are looking good I have a few lower fan leaves turning completely yellow any ideas guys ? Is this just the plant using up natural resources ? Seems to early for that in my opinion but as a first time grower I may be wrong ? Il post a few pics see what you think

Damn brother, those are some good looking plants. Nice and healthy.

Bottom leaves turning yellow = nothing to worry about!

Thanks blaze it's hard to know exactly how well it's going all I've been able to do is compare the photos to other grows ... Also nismo12 has ran a scrog a week behind me so it's a good cross reference as he's very informative. Hopefully they yield well they must be getting heavy as the branches are starting to bend over and I think il have to tie up soon :thumb:

HELPPPP like a bloody moron I forgot to turn my CFL off the hps is on timer 12/12 but CFL I do munually ! I'm on week 5 flower and the buds look amazing but like a fool I forgot to unplug the CFL so the plants have been receiving 24hour light for nearly two days !!! I'm so annoyed at myself ! Any input on this would be great are my girls doomed ??

You may end up with seeds. (Hermie)
Had a couple plants seed up before from about 2 days of just a door being opened. Not even direct light. Everything was great except for a nug here and there would have some seeds.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

Back
Top Bottom