1st Grow - Soil - 600W MH/HPS - Scrog Attempt

Joana

Hello everyone! :peacetwo:

I've learnt so much here! And hope i continue to!
I'm Joana from Switzerland. I actually don't smoke anymore since i'm breastfeeding. But my man does, so i'm putting up a small surprise for him. I already bought almost everything that i need in kaya.es, and next week it shall arrive.

I'll use soil, i understand hydro would work better, but for first time i prefer something i'm most confortable with. Except that i never grew anything on my life, and a pot of parsley dies in my hands within 2 days...

So here is my Setup:

Grow area:
  • 4x4x6 Dark Street II v2.5
  • 70-77º cave with windows

Lights:
  • ETI Cl 2 Ballast » 600W (ETI)
  • Sylvania Grolux Sodio - HPS » 600W
  • Agrolite Halogenuros - MH » 600W
  • Reflector Cooltube + Ampliation Kit » 150 mm x 490 mm

Extraction:
  • Extractor RVK Sileo E2: 150 mm - 428 m³/h
  • Carbonfilter ECO » 150 / 400 mm - 620 m³/h (Prima Klima Trading)
  • 7'' clip fan oscillating

Soil:
  • Plagron Batmix 50L (i'll rinse and use it for seedling too)
  • Arlita on top and on bottom
  • Smart Pots - 3 gallons

Fertilizer:
  • Biobizz Try-pack indoor
  • Bactohemp + Bactobloom (i received as a gift, i will do research and decide wether to use it or not)

Semilla:
2x Aurora Indica Fem. (Nirvanaseeds)
2x Wonder Woman Fem. (Nirvanaseeds)

I probably spent already like 12 hours reading. I've seen too how to plant-training, and i was tempted to go with ScroG with Wonder Woman.
I'm a bit scared that the Aurora Indica may be to small for that. Any feedback? I do have a question for you my favorite farmers, what training methodes can i combine (top, fim, lst...) with ScroG or just with each other for better results? Are 4 plants too many? I don't want to be greedy, just better safe than sorry...

In one week or two, i'll post pictures of the setup all set up! i'm dying to see my man's face

:Namaste: my fellows

Hello Joana and welcome to :420:! It's a wonderful thing that you are doing this for him. :thumb:

4 plants in a 4x4 tent is very doable. That's what we currently have in flower in the same size space. We are doing a SCROG as well and we topped some and FIM'ED 2 and did LST. It's best to start early on the training and to keep on it. Try to keep an even canopy the entire time through veg and when the scrog goes in it'll be easier to spread them out. I can recommend topping twice through veg to promote under growth. Not to worry though, if you have questions or issues, the wonderful people on this forum will be sure to help you out. Good luck!

Welcome Joanna, my 4x4 does well with 4 plants in #5's.
Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

What an awesome gift! You've certainly done your research. It looks like you've got a great setup in the works.

Personally I would recommend growing your first 4 plants without training or topping. It's not that it's difficult to train them but you'll achieve faster results for your first harvest. Also, when growing new strains it's nice to see how they grow naturally first. Then you can adjust your training methods accordingly. Plus your going to have plenty of space with only 4 plants so you'll be amazed that what you'll be able to yield without any training. Depending on the structure of the plants you may want to add tomato cages once you flip them to flower.

Goodluck! .

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hello there! :high-five:
It's is slowy going on.

Someone step on my Wonder Woman seeds bag, they were all crushed! :'(

And of the Aurora Indica seeds, only one made it.
So i just have one plant now. She is two weeks old today (from soil), and is doing great. Later today i'll take pictures and i'll post here.
i ordered another two Wonder Woman that are since yesterday in tower papel.

My exhaust is too powerful and it get's cold in there very fast, and the humidity drops instantainly when it's on. I have figured out a solution, that keeps the humidity inside within better range levels. I made some cuts in the exhaust tube (outside the tent) and i put it back in (so only a part of the exhaust air goes back in)
Temperature and humidity are steady and where they should be.

As someone here told me, i bought the titan mercury 4. But since the temp is good, i'll use it only later when i need to drop the humidity levels.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom