Shortest auto strains?

burdok420

I'm thinking about my next round of growing when my current girlie is chopped down and I have a free tent again.

My question is:
What are the shortest in height autos? I'm looking to do a little experiment in a very small tent

Grow them in 18-oz. Solo cups, lol, they'll stay small. Or if you have anything approaching a reasonable amount of headroom in there, use two-liter soda pop bottles (get green, lol, you don't have to paint them). Should be able to get quite a few in even a small tent - you can fit four of the pop bottles per square foot, so up to 16 in a 2'x2' space, assuming you mount your fan/etc. to one of the corner poles or hang it from the ceiling supports. Be "considerably" cheaper if you went with a photoperiodic strain instead of an autoflowering one, of course. Then you could grow a mother with little resources/expenditure and fill your space with rooted cuttings (straight to flower), maybe not all at once if you've only spent a relative few bucks on a poor man's "cardboard box & CFL" level mother station - but that would mean that you could harvest a few each week after they start becoming ready to harvest... and replace each harvested one with a freshly rooted clone. Perpetual doesn't have to be any huge thing (or hugely expensive, either).

Define short.

In general, with experience and the right training methods, they can remain in less than 2ft of vertical space by the end. (2ft from top of pot/container to tip of plant, so not including container height.)

Or less depending again on methods used.

Typically training the plant growth horizontally until about 30%-40% of your space in the horizontal remains, then flipping and eating some stretch with the remaining space will keep them low, wide, and full of buds.

There are tricks to all of that, and that’s just a general big picture, so look into things before trying.

You can grow some nice colas in solos but have to water and feed mulriple times a day.

I did think they'd need water and fed more often! Thanks for confirming my thinking, Penny!
Hopefully I can get a nice selection of plants and only take a small knock in yield

If your goal is still a good amount, but a variety, check out @Jack420's grow journal. He's running SOG with a 4x4 flood table, and kills it. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Of course he's running mostly the same strain, but the principles are the same, and seems like it would get you where you need to be. Or a 4x2 table, etc.

Thanks brother I usally take 50 cuttings from 3 or 4 moms so I have something dif to smoke here is my 4x4

Damn you're fast! Freaked the shit outta me. I came back to let burdok know I tagged him in your journal, and see your trees. I was like what? Jack was here already and I missed it? Nah, just mr quickdraw. :rofl:

Damn you're fast! Freaked the shit outta me. I came back to let burdok know I tagged him in your journal, and see your trees. I was like what? Jack was here already and I missed it? Nah, just mr quickdraw. :rofl:
My nick name triggerfinger lol I try to be fast I only have a hand full of buds on here so I try to stay tuned

Back
Top Bottom