Looking for the shortest autoflowers with low odor

karambit1980

So will be starting a new small mini/micro grow in the next 30 days give or take,I am very excited and have been doing nothing but reading everything I can! Im not new to autos and have a couple auto grows under my belt but its been a few years and theres a ton of new strains!
I am going to be using a growbox/tent that is 24" tall max! I am looking for "real" dwarfs!
I know a lot of company's say gets 12-15" and then you grow it and its 3 feet lol....
I need the shortes't possible autos, that take the shortes't amount of time...also I will be using a carbon filter but the last one didn't work that great so I need a strain that doesn't smell a hole lot!
Any and all help will be appreciated! :) :thumb:

When I say small, I am talking like 8-15" tall max....I know sometimes random crazy ones will pop up and be the opposite of what you wanted ect...for instance:
My last auto grow consisted of dr. feelgood auto's...there description made them sound perfect and small dwarf like 12-15" plant...when in reality "both" of mine went right around 3 feet tall and took double the time the breeder said,think it was 120 days total!

So some of the ones I am currently looking at are:
Lowlife seeds-Hindu Kush auto
Royal queen seeds-Royal Dwarf auto
Black Skull seeds-Skull Ryder
Auto Seeds- Auto #1
Auto Seeds- Berry Ryder
Barneys Farm-Grape Muerto

This isn't a complete list lol..I have a whole page of them but once I start looking into most of them,I read they get over 2 feet and I am wanting dwarf sized plants...anyways, just rambling now :)
I just want plants that do as there advertised and not only autoflower quick "14-18 days" but stay short and preferably don't stink up the room! Thanks for any opinions!

When you factor in lighting equipment, safe distance to top of flowers, and pot height, you are not leaving anything meaningful for the size of the plant. The ONLY way you are going to get a plant small enough to produce anything in les than 36" tall is to ties a very young plant (4 - 6 nodes) into a horizontal position, and ruthlessly tie down anything that gets over 12" tall.

I can't see you getting much yield, or any colas of any decent size by restricting its growth that much.

You MIGHT experiment with the root mass by planting in a shallow Sterlite storage bin, at least 12 quarts, and maybe up to 20 quarts, because its the root ball size that affects the final harvest.

You would, in effect be growing bonsai-style. Low and wide. Very wide.

Thanks for the reply,
Well it apears that the size of the pot/container determines the overall size of the plant in most cases...
But short autos can produce..I have seen autos around 15" that grew 15" wide and grew in tiered party cups and produced a few ounces....and I have also seen others use party cups and get an 8th of low grade bud...of course everything would need to be factured in ect...
I have grown in computer towers (pc) and got 7-10 grams per plant easy,maybe I should have mentioned that I am not out to get a giant yeild, this is just for personal smoke for myself and girlfriend to help save us from paying full price for bud ect....
Just looking for strains people have tried that stayed low in height and would actually be considered dwarf'....

Then I stand corrected. The lowest I've been able to train my plants was 18", not including bin height of 7", but they were Sativas, which like to grow as tall as you have room for. The seed baks do advertize strains that are considered "short" but "short" is relative. With judicious tying down, one should be able to kep them as low as you need, because bonsai experts train TREES to fit tiny pots.

Question, though: Won't a plant get top-heavy in a solo cup as it matures? Do you have a way to set them in, say a styrofoam sheet with cup-sized holes to keep them upright?

Good question,
I have never grown in the party cups yet but plain to soon..
But i agree..even a foot tall plant full of bud with a central cola..seems like it would be top heavy!
I think i will order some 1/4 - 1/2 gallon pots,the take around the same amount of soil...maybe little extra but the square pots will fit tightly in the tent and would not tip over as easly...I will be starting a grow soon...still have some seeds from last grow,
Betty boo
Northern lightsxbigbud
dr. Feelgood
Defintly want to order some seeds soon!

Good question,
I have never grown in the party cups yet but plain to soon..
But i agree..even a foot tall plant full of bud with a central cola..seems like it would be top heavy!
I think i will order some 1/4 - 1/2 gallon pots,the take around the same amount of soil...maybe little extra but the square pots will fit tightly in the tent and would not tip over as easly...I will be starting a grow soon...still have some seeds from last grow,
Betty boo
Northern lightsxbigbud
dr. Feelgood
Defintly want to order some seeds soon!

Square is good, as it uses the space more efficiently. Try to get pots that are shorter, but wider, to accommodate your limited head room. Ceramic pots or bowls are heavy and won't tip over and you can drill drainage holes. Use tape on both sides of the bottom, where you are going to drill, so it doesn't crack.

Back
Top Bottom