Should I cut out the yellow leaves?

So yes. The science of it is what I need. I'm too new to this to have a preference. Yellowing leaves half way through flower. I can only put it down to a natural occurrence or a lack of nitrogen (natural but fixable). Should I fix it or just let it happen? Does it really matter?

Me, I don't worry about a little yellowing just before harvest, (but on the other hand, I do think it's a symptom of underfeeding).

I think that yellowing well before harvest time is something to deal with.

That said, we try to optimize as much as we can, but at some point maybe you just let some stuff go.

County agent: "I can teach you how to farm better!"
Farmer: "I don't bother to farm half as good as I know how to already!"

Next time I will add nitrogen. Either the main Canna veg neut or nitrogen. Why? Green leaves are better than yellow leaves. Probably.

I'm starting to suspect that some of the nutrient regimens ("feeding schedule") reduce the N too much at the end.
(But then I'm not feeding at the strength GH tells me too, so...)

I was. I occasionally threw in calmag for good measure. It's unreasonable to expect a feeding schedule to accommodate every variety of weed unless its something like Doc's hybrix. I'm happy enough with how things have gone, but I really lack experience. Next time.

I was. I occasionally threw in calmag for good measure. It's unreasonable to expect a feeding schedule to accommodate every variety of weed unless its something like Doc's hybrix. I'm happy enough with how things have gone, but I really lack experience. Next time.

I keep detailed notes about everything in a spreadsheet, which I think is helpful, but every grow is different somehow. As much as I try to reduce it all to scientific principles, there's always an artistic aspect.

To avoid this in the future I would always make a point to check pH and make sure that you are feeding the correct amount. Some strains take less, others take more.

Look up "extreme defoliation", it's a risky practice but when done right can be amazing. Check out my last grow journal for the Purps, I utilized this technique and it worked wonders. Basically I remove all fan leaves during late flower as to expose budsites.

Back
Top Bottom