Should I cut out the yellow leaves?

Calvados

I'm 2-3 weeks away from harvest. Some leaves in mid/lower canopy started slowly yellowing 3 weeks ago. I assume the flowers are leaching the leaves. Neut uptake seems good for most of the leaves. Aside from the color they seem fine. Are they still doing a job?

IMG_79877.JPG
IMG_79846.JPG

I would remove them,especially if they are shading other bud sites ..

Agreed.

BTW, I know that yellowing at flowering is considered normal, but with that much yellowing has me thinking that she's probably a little more nitrogen deficient than is ideal. Next grow you might want to keep the N levels a little higher at flowering...

Agreed.

BTW, I know that yellowing at flowering is considered normal, but with that much yellowing has me thinking that she's probably a little more nitrogen deficient than is ideal. Next grow you might want to keep the N levels a little higher at flowering...

They aren't blocking any buds. Do you think they are still contributing?

Pull them off. Your not hurting the plant, in fact, you're helping it.
I pull all leaves that are completely yellow and some that are half way. They yellow from feeding the flower.
The flower gets more of the energy when it's not having to keep feeding dying leaves.

Thanks. Took your advice. The plants look much more like a hallmark card. I was confused, because they weren't really drying out until the very very end. The process of yellowing took weeks. If it was nitrogen, I'm thinking it was because the main veg neut is cut out during flowering. I still don't know if I should have corrected or if it's part of the process that is a good thing. This is my second grow. My first didn't go this way, but I had such a poor understanding of what I was doing that I'm not surprised. The COLAs are looking awesome.

Pull them off. Your not hurting the plant, in fact, you're helping it.
I pull all leaves that are completely yellow and some that are half way. They yellow from feeding the flower.
The flower gets more of the energy when it's not having to keep feeding dying leaves.
How's he helping it the fans are like food storage the plants draining the goodness out of the fan leaves they will fall off in time and most of my most frost buds are the ones under the fan leaves just let nature do it's thing when they empty they will fall off

How's he helping it the fans are like food storage the plants draining the goodness out of the fan leaves they will fall off in time and most of my most frost buds are the ones under the fan leaves just let nature do it's thing when they empty they will fall off

The other side of the debate. There has to be a tipping point where the energy that the leaf spends staying alive is more than what it contributes to the plant. I'm thinking that I'm far enough through the flowering stage that the only thing that matters is maximizing the size and thickness of the buds. I should start flushing within the next week in any case. It seemed the right time, but I'm happy to be shown wrong. Thanks for your input.

You did right by pulling them. Dying leaves draw bugs like fungus gnats. Your plant looks awesome.

The other side of the debate. There has to be a tipping point where the energy that the leaf spends staying alive is more than what it contributes to the plant. I'm thinking that I'm far enough through the flowering stage that the only thing that matters is maximizing the size and thickness of the buds. I should start flushing within the next week in any case. It seemed the right time, but I'm happy to be shown wrong. Thanks for your input.
The whole point of flushing is to drain soil so the plant uses all the goodness in fan leaves if u got no fan leaves u don't need to flush lol

To be fair this late it probs won't hurt the plant just won't help it at all if the plant didn't want them it would drop them off but high 5 dude yr girls look lush almost at the finish line now enjoy

There no wrong or right wat i may think is great u may think is terrible every body is diffrent that what makes us humans great awesome plants like

There no wrong or right wat i may think is great u may think is terrible every body is diffrent that what makes us humans great awesome plants like

That's fine, but there is a difference between personal preference and truth, right? You may prefer to do things one way and I may prefer to do them another, but that doesn't mean that one way might not be better than another.

That's fine, but there is a difference between personal preference and truth, right? You may prefer to do things one way and I may prefer to do them another, but that doesn't mean that one way might not be better than another.
That's true indeed just can't see how pulling leaves off will be better when there there for a reason

So yes. The science of it is what I need. I'm too new to this to have a preference. Yellowing leaves half way through flower. I can only put it down to a natural occurrence or a lack of nitrogen (natural but fixable). Should I fix it or just let it happen? Does it really matter?

So yes. The science of it is what I need. I'm too new to this to have a preference. Yellowing leaves half way through flower. I can only put it down to a natural occurrence or a lack of nitrogen (natural but fixable). Should I fix it or just let it happen? Does it really matter?
Just let it happen ur almost finished this is the whole purpose of the big leaves she's beautiful

Back
Top Bottom