Should this worry me?

Sleepy One

I haven't seen any pics like these. They are barely noticeable. Usually just one tiny dot on random leaves. I can't tell if it is mold, barnacles, or what. Plant seems healthy otherwise. Indoor, humidity 40-50, flan constantly blowing, 75F. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. It's hard to get a good pic that close.

2021_10_22_08_05_55_106.jpg

2021_10_22_08_06_57_214.jpg

2021_10_22_08_08_36_107.jpg

2021_10_22_08_10_17_461.jpg

I haven't seen any pics like these. They are barely noticeable. Usually just one tiny dot on random leaves. I can't tell if it is mold, barnacles, or what. Plant seems healthy otherwise. Indoor, humidity 40-50, flan constantly blowing, 75F. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. It's hard to get a good pic that close.

2021_10_22_08_05_55_106.jpg

2021_10_22_08_06_57_214.jpg

2021_10_22_08_08_36_107.jpg

2021_10_22_08_10_17_461.jpg
Hello @Sleepy One hope you are well.
Is there any damage on the leaves?
Chew holes or discoloration?
Stay safe.
Bill

Ditto on above… could be pests

$15 for jewelers loupe or $35ish for wifi mini microscope…. helps to identify critters (mites & eggs) also imperative for checking trichs for ripeness at harvest time. Most critters are honking tiny plus they hang out / attach eggs on leaf undersides….

the problem with magnification is blurred images, it’s nearly impossible to hold scope still enough when looking at your plants to get stable images, workaround is snip a few fan leaves and carry to table, prop your device for viewing and image stability…. general rule is for every pest you see there’s a couple dozen you missed. They find our plants for…. food, shelter, mating and move in

welcome aboard Sleep One….

Some of what I see looks like an insect problem but can't tell for sure without sharper focus photographs.

Try backing up just a bit, a few inches might do it, and that could bring the feaf into focus. That will provide sharper photos.

For starters, in the center of the first photo is a something showing that could be from a caterpillar or a borer or an insect just randomly chewing a path across the surface of the underside of a finger on one of the leaves.

Focus, young grasshopper…. Need a better, clearer pic to get a good idea, but above is where its at. Check the undersides for critters, eggs, etc., but based on the blur the 1st pic does look a bit like a muncher moving across the leaf eating in their haphazard pattern. Hope its just paranoia, but back up a bit and we’ll zoom in for ya. I’m always AMAZED at what folks on this site see. I think I‘m getting too old lol

Focus, young grasshopper…. Need a better, clearer pic to get a good idea, but above is where its at. Check the undersides for critters, eggs, etc., but based on the blur the 1st pic does look a bit like a muncher moving across the leaf eating in their haphazard pattern. Hope its just paranoia, but back up a bit and we’ll zoom in for ya. I’m always AMAZED at what folks on this site see. I think I‘m getting too old lol
Haha - I swear I can smell spider mites from a photo :cool:

The good news is that I believe I identified it. The other good news is that I believe it is D.E. I had suspected it and almost mentioned it. I just didn't want to type out Diatomaceous! Pic is a sample of DE that I put on a leaf.
There is absolutely no trauma of any kind near the white spots. I need a better camera. This is as good as it gets.
2021_10_22_14_36_13_979.jpg
2021_10_22_14_36_13_979.jpg

Back
Top Bottom