Shout out to all my fellow growers!

I hope and pray you have sunshine and maybe even some warmth until summer gets here but we both know just because Mr. Red shines bright does not mean it's always warm.
Thank you my friend :Namaste:
Thats why my hydro bill is so high every month, bring on May.

I do have a green thumb, this is either a Grapefruit or an Orange tree that my Father and Daughter planted together 11 years ago. He passed away three years later and I have taken care of this tree for both of them from that time. Here in Michigan this tree would not survive the winters here so every years I bring in in for the winter and put it outside in the warmer spring months. It is in a 25 gallon pot and grows in soil I scooped out of Mother Earth with a shovel. It does need a good watering and when I clean my fish tank and rotate the water it will get a very well needed drink. Would you believe I have a circle sled underneath it to trap the overflow water when it is watered.

The 1st photo was taken about a week ago and the 2nd was taken 11 years ago after it's first summer growing and I taught my daughter how to transplant trees or plants in g

What's Good Cola Monster? I really don't know how this will end but welcome aboard!

I am guessing I am gonna need a 4x4 grow tent but I don't have the money to buy one. Damn I may have to make one. I got a hook up on a 600 watt led grow light for cheap what I do not have is the tent, Time to improvise and do my own thing. I do love a good diy project that is turns out for the positive one.

No Offence but no they do not look over watered in my personal two cents.. No disrespect my Dad was a certified pesticide applicator for many many years and in my youth I did not care to shits about growing plants but I always listened and learned. Now I understand Plants keep us alive, so the more we give them the opportunity to grow and Blossom and produce their fruit the more it helps the human race.
No offense taken :passitleft:...all I can do is offer advice from my 15 years of growing experience, it's up to the individual whether they want to take it or not :thumb:

...And no offense, but they're over watered :popcorn:

A little history on this adventure and learning process, I used to be a care giver for my mom years ago when Michigan first went legal for medical purposes so I know a little bit about growing. The smoke was decent but not anything out of the world. I only used CFL lights. (roughly 20,000 lumens give or take) and a DIY grow space. No money for a big boy light. I worked with what I had..

Fast forward 13 years Mom's has been gone 5 years now and 8 for my Pops and I was smoking on some killer a few weeks back and found 3 beans put them in some soil 2 weeks ago and like what the hell one might sprout, I did not expect all 3 to pop up. Of course my cat would not let them be in the window getting natural light and ate one. A week later I was enjoying some GG I got my my cousin and found a bean in there and was like what the hell it might sprout too and guess what it did. So now I got three babies and had to hide them before my shithead of a cat eats them.. Don't get me wrong I love her to death she is a really good cat and one hell of a mouser but I dont need her to eat my babies..

That is when I went to menards and picked up a cheap grow light and asked a local grocery store store if they had any big boxes they wanted to get rid of. When I got home I made this contraption to protect the babies from the mean putty cat..

The 1st photo is of my cardboard temporary home for them until I can figure out what to do and yes the top opens up but when closed does let light out. I am not to worried about the light seeping through or that it's the most beautiful set up, it keeps the cat away from the plants The 2nd one if of the unknown strain plant in the big pot and thought I might as well start it young with some minor LST'ing. The 3rd photo is of my GG baby, the 4th pic is of my other unknown strain with a little LST'ing as well and the last photo is from the box of my grow light I absolutely don't understand. My light is uses only 18 watts but equal to a 20 watt light.. I know the watts are low but untill I figure out if any of them are females their is no need to go all out and get a tent better grow lights because I seen on Amazon I can get a 600 watt LED with all the fixings for like $50 bucks.. Only time will tell and if I continue to LST all of them like I am I should be good for at least the next two weeks but who knows.

Have a wonderful day and Much Love from The Glove!

20210218_173103_HDR.jpg

20210218_165827_HDR.jpg

20210218_165816.jpg

20210218_165809_HDR.jpg
Love my cats but yep

Over the past three days the babies have really enjoyed their new home and light.. So I am calling it day 3 of this grow even though these babies are almost two weeks old but never got proper light by the window..

So I decided to take a couple quick photos today on day 3. In the 1st photo you can see all three babies and my cheap fan inside my diy set up. The 2nd pic is of the little one of the group my Glue seedling. 3rd photo is of one of my unknown strains in the small cup (she needs a drink) last but not least is my other unknown strain in the big pot..

All three babies are doing well and showing signs of growth I haven't seen at all. Oh I forgot to mention that the soil is MG seed starting potting mix.. I'm sure that explains the yellowing of the leaves on my plant in the small pot other than that these plants are growing just fine.

Have an Awesome Saturday my Friends!

20210220_143748_HDR.jpg

20210220_143738_HDR.jpg

20210220_143732.jpg

20210220_143709_HDR.jpg

Over the past three days the babies have really enjoyed their new home and light.. So I am calling it day 3 of this grow even though these babies are almost two weeks old but never got proper light by the window..

So I decided to take a couple quick photos today on day 3. In the 1st photo you can see all three babies and my cheap fan inside my diy set up. The 2nd pic is of the little one of the group my Glue seedling. 3rd photo is of one of my unknown strains in the small cup (she needs a drink) last but not least is my other unknown strain in the big pot..

All three babies are doing well and showing signs of growth I haven't seen at all. Oh I forgot to mention that the soil is MG seed starting potting mix.. I'm sure that explains the yellowing of the leaves on my plant in the small pot other than that these plants are growing just fine.

Have an Awesome Saturday my Friends!

20210220_143748_HDR.jpg

20210220_143738_HDR.jpg

20210220_143732.jpg

20210220_143709_HDR.jpg
I checked my crystal ball , all females my friend.

I took the measurements of the box I have my little ones in. It is 2 foot wide by 1 foot depth by roughly 14 inches high, Im good at math but who really cares what the square footage it in this cheap diy experiment grow really is right. I just wanna see if I still have my green thumb is all. I know I posted photos earlier but I cleaned the fan and now are allowing these plants to grow vertical no more lsting until it is vegging time!. Some people baby seedlings me I prefer to make the stalk as strong as possible without stressing the plant to much. I have a little yellowing on one plant but not the other of the same unknown strain and in the same MG seedling potting mix. I now have a clean fan circulating air over them and am not holding them down any longer. Until it's time to LST as well and top em let them babies grow towards the sky! I only did the pinning down /minor lst'ing thing until I knew the stalk would be strong enough to reach for the Sun or light for that matter. Within the next two weeks watch how these plants grow and look. They may not be plant of the month or year but just enjoy seeing these plants rebound and grow is good enough for me.

20210220_161553_HDR.jpg

I took the measurements of the box I have my little ones in. It is 2 foot wide by 1 foot depth by roughly 14 inches high, Im good at math but who really cares what the square footage it in this cheap diy experiment grow really is right. I just wanna see if I still have my green thumb is all. I know I posted photos earlier but I cleaned the fan and now are allowing these plants to grow vertical no more lsting until it is vegging time!. Some people baby seedlings me I prefer to make the stalk as strong as possible without stressing the plant to much. I have a little yellowing on one plant but not the other of the same unknown strain and in the same MG seedling potting mix. I now have a clean fan circulating air over them and am not holding them down any longer. Until it's time to LST as well and top em let them babies grow towards the sky! I only did the pinning down /minor lst'ing thing until I knew the stalk would be strong enough to reach for the Sun or light for that matter. Within the next two weeks watch how these plants are look. They may not be plant of the month or year but just enjoy seeing these plants rebound and grow is good enough for me.

20210220_161553_HDR.jpg
:thumb: Stay warm my friend.

:thumb: Stay warm my friend.
I am but every year I have to sleep with my window open because it is so hot in my apartment in the middle of winter in S.W. Michigan. When the 100+ year old system boliler system breaks down 9/10 times it is during the coldest part of the year and I am stuck running an electric heater and my oven to keep warm and tell my landlord, I sorry you get stuck with the bill because all my utilities are included in my rent!

A few weeks ago I was given permission to start a garden and my landlord told me that they love when tenants plants flowers and Gardens on their tenants properties. I told them tomaters, green peppers, japs, cucumbers, pumpkins and corn on the cobb.

I'm Thanking the man up stairs right now that I can enjoy the little things in Life right now, heat, power as well as running water and I feel kinda bad for my fellow Americans down south it is not my fault you can't handle a little cold weather. No disrespect to any of my people down south. I am looking forward to having a garden this year though.

Back
Top Bottom