Shrubhub's Bag Seed Grow - CFL DIY

Re: Shrubhub's bagseed grow. CFL DIY.

Switched to the 6500k 125 watt and added soil to support the stems and improve root production.

1389243268028.jpg
1389243249300.jpg

your pots are looking a bit dry

Just watered b.real ;) after adding new soil that I misted with spray bottle before hand. First watering. Also remember this soil was soaked when the seeds went in.

you shouldn't be misting the soil anymore. you should soak the soil and let it dry out a little. I have noticed that sprouts grow roots more easily into recently watered soil. adding a little molasses also helps.

I just misted the soil before adding it to the pot around the seedling, just to prevent it from floating and shifting when I watered it after. Have an empty pot with totally dry soil to compare weight.

Ok so went on a cruise to the bahamas and just got back today. Had a friend watching my dogs who also watched my plants for me and they look great after just about a week. Also brought back some seeds from the bahamas so those are soaking now and will go in the dirt sometime tonight. May just end up doing all bagseed on this one we shall see what success I have with them germinating etc.

1389902668215.jpg

1389902640188.jpg

1389902611515.jpg

Topped the larger of the two plants gonna see how it takes it. I want to start bending them as soon as the stems are strong enough. The bahama seeds arent looking too good, im sure the bud they came from was dried in a very poor manner so it may have damaged them beyond viability but it was worth a shot lol. Gonna get an order in here soon and may start some of my other bagseeds as well.

put some more of the other bagseed in water to soak before planting, looking at ordering royal queen special kush number 1 as well as royal queen special queen for the order. Going to get my reflector tomorrow so I can finally get this light mounted horizontally. the plant that was topped doesn't look too stressed so hoping it goes well, first time topping a plant this young. I really love doing this but the first stages are make me impatient even though I know its a long way to go. Any suggestions on a good starter LST thread? When can I start bending them?

too young and improper lst, you do it from the neck

20140122_1911001.jpg

new reflector that mounts the CFL horizontal. Purchased one for a HPS/MH setup and rewired it with the mogul cfl socket and plug.

Plants looking good growing there first sets of true leaves very nicely.

So one of the seeds I started in a root plug popped up today, only thing is this is the first seed I have started in a plug and Im not sure when or how to transfer it lol. Do I just wait to see roots sticking out of the plug and just plant it in soil? will the plant get any nutrients from the plug? Should have looked at all this before dropping a seed in it :-D

looking good good luck mate im subscribed :)

So one of the seeds I started in a root plug popped up today, only thing is this is the first seed I have started in a plug and Im not sure when or how to transfer it lol. Do I just wait to see roots sticking out of the plug and just plant it in soil? will the plant get any nutrients from the plug? Should have looked at all this before dropping a seed in it :-D

Wait until you see roots emerging from the root plug to transplant your seedling.

Wait until you see roots emerging from the root plug to transplant your seedling.

Yup and they have all the nutrients they need inside them already at that stage. No worries. Setup is looking good!

Back
Top Bottom