Sinful's 2nd Journal - PerfectSun500 LED - Roots Organic Soil Growing Autos & Photos

Re: Sinful's 2nd Journal - PerfectSun500 LED - Roots Organic Soil Growing Autos & Pho

That's actually a great idea. I'm going to look into it. Even during this grow I over watered once durning the seedling stage because I started them in larger pots.
What kind of socks? Would baby socks work since they are smaller?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: Sinful's 2nd Journal - PerfectSun500 LED - Roots Organic Soil Growing Autos & Pho

Day 16 in flower.
I added 2 small desk top fans to move the air a bit more around the bottom.

420-magazine-mobile1214060999.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1826195496.jpg
420-magazine-mobile56111207.jpg

After I took the tape off this branch from the first snap I was moving the plants around and I snapped it again. She bounced right back though.

420-magazine-mobile1321444005.jpg

Last night I chopped down the 2nd auto blue amnesia. Normally I would hang the buds to dry but this time I'm keeping them in a shoebox.

420-magazine-mobile1408121732.jpg

Looking good.
I've got my Perfect Sun Dwarf Star showing up on Friday to veg in a 4x4 and if I like it (pretty sure I will lol) I'm going to get 2 more to replace one of the 600w hps in a 6x6 flower room. Looks like the 500 is treating your plants great.

Subbed

Looking good.
I've got my Perfect Sun Dwarf Star showing up on Friday to veg in a 4x4 and if I like it (pretty sure I will lol) I'm going to get 2 more to replace one of the 600w hps in a 6x6 flower room. Looks like the 500 is treating your plants great.

Subbed

I have to tell you I'm fighting the urge to replace the perfect sun 500 with the dwarf star in my 3x3 mainly for the few extra watts, so I would to see how your plants veg under it.
I'm happy to have you, make yourself comfortable.

Maybe someone could answer this question I have.
When you allow your soil to really dry out before watering again I noticed the first sign is leaves getting droopy then if you push it another day or two some leaves turn yellowish and fall off. Is this a way the plant defoliates itself? If the answer is no then my next question is should I be trying to remove the ones that are extra droopy but don't just fall off? Or should I wait and just let the plant use up anything else it can from those leaves?
I hope you can understand what I'm trying to ask. If not just tell me where I can give you more info.

The plant is using up the Chlorophyll in the leaves (yellowing) and the water content is deminishing (drooping) so the plant is trying to dip away from the light to prevent burning the leaves. The water is responsible for transporting nutrients as well and if the plant is thirsty it will also absorb nutrition from the chlorophyll in the leaves. Solution: water a litter sooner.

The plant is using up the Chlorophyll in the leaves (yellowing) and the water content is deminishing (drooping) so the plant is trying to dip away from the light to prevent burning the leaves. The water is responsible for transporting nutrients as well and if the plant is thirsty it will also absorb nutrition from the chlorophyll in the leaves. Solution: water a litter sooner.

Ok, great. I know it may of sounded like a dumb question. My mind set was the further I can push these plant in dry soil maybe it will make the roots stronger during flower.
No I wasn't flushing but is that something I should be doing during flushing?

Not a dumb question at all. I do the same thing a couple times while the plants are in veg to stimulate the roots..."strong roots, big fruits :)
Just wasn't sure of your plans. When you do flush at the end of flower you will notice the same thing leaf droop and yellowing of the leaves as the excess food is used

Haha I like it.. "strong roots, big fruits" I'll be sure to do try this while in veg next cycle.

Yes big roots big fruits ..
i will say one thing about getting good roots..they get the biggest during your veg cycle.so build them up then...dont over water......and when u do water on the outside of the pot best you can so the roots seek the water..
see example from my northern light..
keep up the great work.

2017-02-14_22_45_50.jpg

I just got a weight on this 2nd auto blue amnesia. 42g off one auto is amazing to me considering it wasn't a difficult plant at all she just did her own thing at her pace. Last grow I pulled 5g off two of these plants so this new setup has paid for its self.

420-magazine-mobile1338015731.jpg

Yes big roots big fruits ..
i will say one thing about getting good roots..they get the biggest during your veg cycle.so build them up then...dont over water......and when u do water on the outside of the pot best you can so the roots seek the water..
see example from my northern light..
keep up the great work.

2017-02-14_22_45_50.jpg

Someone else recently told me it's better for the roots to soak up the water than it is to water from the top.
I will have to grab some bigger saucers in order to water from the bottom instead of the top going forward.

Well i disagree on the watering from the bottom totally..
Unless they got some proof its better id have to see it..
If its so good why isnt everyone doing it..
Causes root rot....cant flush out the soil..cant check run off.salt build up..nutes dont go all the way down through the soil..
you could never wet all the soil doing that..
but to each there own..
just sayin..

ps. Dont tell anyone this ok.. dont do it..LOL

Oh oh, I totally misunderstood what you were saying with "when you do water on the outside of the pot"
I was thinking you meant the same as using a saucer to water from the "outside"
I do understand what you mean now. Do you know MagicJim on here? During my last grow he shared a link for "the proper way to water"
It's the same as your saying now. So I've been using that technique for a little bit now.

Day 22 of flower.
Still no nutes. I was going to start them last week but they seemed to be doing great without anything. This Ganesh just wants to take over the whole tent for the light.
420-magazine-mobile896505943.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1302908004.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1183446489.jpg

I wanted to take a few pics without the leds because the flowering spots really stand out more.
420-magazine-mobile157244780.jpg

420-magazine-mobile970605679.jpg
420-magazine-mobile177028437.jpg
420-magazine-mobile447690711.jpg

So I wrapped some hemp round the Ganesh in order to control how she wants to take over my tent. Is this ok to do?

420-magazine-mobile1348178368.jpg

Back
Top Bottom