Single Ended vs Double Ended HPS/MH?

beast88

I have read the reviews, seem like double ended are a little better in every way, yet they dont seem as popular as they should be. Feedback please.
Anyone have DE 1000 watt system by SPL? Looking for a cheaper HPS system to run only in the winter for the heat.

I switched from a cool tube single ended set up to a Gavita DE set up.
I have to say that the Gavita is totally blowing the old set up out of the water! I had a fairly new digital ballast (less than a year old) and a brand new bulb that I used for only one cycle on the single ended set up.
The plants are loving that Gavita.
It's so powerful in fact that I've turned it down to 825 watts instead of 1000 and it is STILL out performing my old set up.
I was honestly not expecting to see this much improvement but obviously am pleasantly surprised. Not cheap though!

From what I've seen, DE is better in every way, except price. I think that's why you don't see them very often.
No experience with the off-brand models in 420 grows, only Gavita. For my money, Gavita blows away the competition, including LEDs. If SPL offers similar performance, I'd go for it. Dunno. If you get one, I'd like to see how it compares. Please journal it!

I can tell you I'll never go back to single again. There is no question that the DE are worth the extea money. What about the off brand DE set ups? I'm sure it will compare to the Gavita at about half the cost. If I buy another light it would be an off brand DE. set up.

Just chiming in ...I recently bought 6 de xxl 1000w yield lab lights from grow ace. I haven't had a chance to run em just yet as still in veg but running em for test I will say WOW as the brightness is amazing. So that I had to buy glasses because it will make your eyes hurt. They say 159,200 lumens per light. Also open hood. I will let ya know when I flip how they do. Lol provided I can find this thread again

Back
Top Bottom