Single seed from plant

Salton

Hey folks
I had a volunteer pop up in my Tomatoes last spring and she grew into a nice plant. She was in the shade most of the day, so she didn't get huge. In the end I harvested about a gallon of cured buds. It seems to be a sativa.

I cloned her, but did it pretty late, and it took two months to get the one living close to grow well, because she had to revert to veg.
I have eight clones started now from the first clone, and they seem to be rooting, if slowly.

Now to the point. I found one seed. So far just the one. My question is, can you germinate a seed right away? Or do you need to wait? Also, is there any probability leaning one way or the other on the sex of the seed? I do not know if this was a self pollination or a random pollen particle wafting through the desert air.
Here are a couple pics of the original plant.

IMG_20150919_140819.jpg
IMG_20150921_132534.jpg

In the end I harvested about a gallon of cured buds lol :rollit: i love the term

i keep my seeds in the freezer and ya theres no way telling if its a male/female

before the plant goes in flowers best is to take a clone. As taking a clone in the flowering stage takes super long to re-veg but it will and when it does it will grow like super cropping its crazy a member on here told me that i can remember his name ill look back and check but you did a good job nice work

In the end I harvested about a gallon of cured buds lol :rollit: i love the term

i keep my seeds in the freezer and ya theres no way telling if its a male/female

before the plant goes in flowers best is to take a clone. As taking a clone in the flowering stage takes super long to re-veg but it will and when it does it will grow like super cropping its crazy a member on here told me that i can remember his name ill look back and check but you did a good job nice work

It was me serpent ;) It's called "monster cropping"

As long as the seed is brown or dark in color, preferably with "lightening bolts" on it. Then yes. Your seed is fully matured and ready to be planted ;)

It was me serpent ;) It's called "monster cropping"

As long as the seed is brown or dark in color, preferably with "lightening bolts" on it. Then yes. Your seed is fully matured and ready to be planted ;)

i know i was just about to reply with you name you have to add me so i can send people you way about that clone trick I'm trying it now but does it matter how many weeks the plant in my plant is 10weeks old should i try next grow around say 3week in flowering ?

i know i was just about to reply with you name you have to add me so i can send people you way about that clone trick I'm trying it now but does it matter how many weeks the plant in my plant is 10weeks old should i try next grow around say 3week in flowering ?

Either way it will work. But the longer you wait the longer the re-veg. After many years of my own testing, I find the third week of flowering is best to take clones for monster cropping. The turn around is only 2-4 weeks. As to where a 8-10 week flowering bud take up to 6-8 weeks to recover and re-veg... You should be looking at a turn around time (depending on your variables of course) of 2-3 weeks to re veg when cloned off at 3rd week of flower. ;)

PS: I do think we are friends on here. IF not i'll add you meow. :)

Thanks for the help!
I cloned her just as she was showing her sex, and it took forever to get the clone going. I started with a handfull, but only got one to go. In retrospect the others may have made it if I had hung in there. I am learning. This was my first plant, other than a couple of failed closet plants in the 70s.
I have 8 clones rooting now from the clone I took off the first plant. They are showing sex already.
IMG_20151109_205542.jpg
IMG_20151125_181053.jpg
IMG_20151201_212508.jpg
IMG_20151116_184957.jpg

Thank You Kid.

Just a heads up for next time

Cannabis seeds are fully matured and ripened within 3 weeks of pollination. The darker ones sometimes with "lightening bolts" are the fully matured mommas and poppas that are ready to be planted. The yellowish/greenish/palish ones, are immature and didn;t fully ripen for germination. ;)

(Generally)

Back
Top Bottom