Skipping the vegetative stage

mthaox

420 Member
this thread isn't about why the veg stage is important. or why u shouldn't skip it. it's obvious that the veg stage is just as important, if not, more then the other stages.

this thread is hopefully and supposedly be about grower who has skip the veg stage and would like to share their experience. so future grower can get a glimpse of cannabis with no veg state.

if u would like to share your experience, please use the following questions as a guideline.

1: post pictures of the plants.
2: how big did it get?
3: yield?
4: potency?
5: growing method? soil / hydro?
6: anything else I forgot.

why am I making this post? because there is literally no other post on this topic. so before u start bashing take a moment and reconsider that this information can and will be important to grower all over the world.

side note: I am currently trying to grow without the veg stage, so I have no picture or advice/information. if u do, please feel free to share.

this thread isn't about why the veg stage is important. or why u shouldn't skip it. it's obvious that the veg stage is just as important, if not, more then the other stages.

this thread is hopefully and supposedly be about grower who has skip the veg stage and would like to share their experience. so future grower can get a glimpse of cannabis with no veg state.

if u would like to share your experience, please use the following questions as a guideline.

1: post pictures of the plants.
2: how big did it get?
3: yield?
4: potency?
5: growing method? soil / hydro?
6: anything else I forgot.

why am I making this post? because there is literally no other post on this topic. so before u start bashing take a moment and reconsider that this information can and will be important to grower all over the world.

side note: I am currently trying to grow without the veg stage, so I have no picture or advice/information. if u do, please feel free to share.

Well, what you're really describing is nothing new and is known as "going 12/12 from seed or clone" where you start the seedling, or rooted clone, under a 12/12 light schedule.

That being said, the two react differently, but both really go through a vegetative stage.

When the seedling/clone is exposed to 12/12 from the start, it thinks it sprouted late in the season, winter is coming, and it better race to maturity so it can reproduce before it dies. So, it basically takes a "mad dash" growing straight up in a single cola with minimal side branching.

I've never done 12/12 from seed before (I always clone my seedlings!) but ran a 2L Hempy SOG for a few years (see link in signature) and, when I put a freshly rooted clone under flower, it would grow to approximately 2' and yield between 1/4-1/2 oz per plant.

Here's a pic (ignore big hempy on left - it was a mom I was flowering out!):

DSCN21591.JPG

If from seed they take somewhere around 6 weeks before they will Flower, so technically they in Veg state until they Flower, Clones taken off of a plant that old can go right into Flower but you wouldn't get a lot out of a plant that small. I can't see any advantage of doing it that way, but maybe I'm missing something, but might as well go with Autoflowers at that point IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom