Slow Flowering?

kaivorth

I'll make this brief.

Aurora Indica Feminized
EJ Nutes: Grow, Bloom, Cal Mag (Moderate doses)
PH Up
7 gallon Air Pot
Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil
Mars300 Light 12/12
Water Everyday, bone dry the next
PH 6.2ish

Going into 3rd week of flowering in a couple days, and these are nothing like other plants I've seen before. The flowers are tiny. I'm supposed to do a flush in a week, but they haven't even started to really swell yet. WHAT GIVES!!!

IMG_20160630_230225.jpg
IMG_20160630_230214.jpg
IMG_20160630_230202.jpg

IMG_20160622_221457.jpg

High kaivorth.

Why you think you should start flushing in a week is a mystery to me.

Your light levels are probably too low to bring on decent flowering and lower K and P levels with high N will inhibit flowering so if anything flush well with RO water to get rid of the extra N and dose well with the Bloom. I've seen so many new growers have problems with FF soils that I would never recommend them. Seems that the contents vary hugely depending on which state/facility they are made at.

After 3 weeks of flower those top buds should be dime-sized at least so I'm pretty sure it's excess N stunting bud growth/lack of proper light/light leaks during dark period. Those bud sites look like mine a few days after flip.

I still have a few bottles of EJ I barely used after the first time and anyone is welcome to them if they pay for shipping which is worth more than the nutes are imo. :)

:peace:

Oh maybe I read something wrong. I was under the impression 5-6 weeks was when you want to flush.I'm going DWC my next grow.
I did notice some of the bottom leaves started to turn yellow and fall off, it almost seemed like I didn't have enough nitrogen..

I'll go ahead and check for light leaks, and use even more bloom. Us using PH up and to hurt my feeding with bloom?

There is much more to growing decent bud than following some arbitrary time table.

Being able to "read" your plants takes practice and even real pros take a few grows of the same strain to be able to dial it in to get the maximum potential out of it.

I'm certainly not a pro but have enough practice and experience to judge various stages of growth/flowering of any strain in general. The 5 -6 weeks to flush is fine if you really know that a certain plant is done at 7 or 8 weeks but yours has barely started to flower so might be 12 weeks before it's done. Maybe your pH is out of whack causing nutes to be locked out that make the old leaves yellow as the new growth steals what they can get from the rest of the plant.

Using a pH up or down won't affect flowering times but are you sure you need it?

Stand by your plants with everything closed up during the dark period and any lights on outside that space to make sure there isn't a crack somewhere letting light in. Even some bright indicator lights on gear in the grow space can mess with flowering so tape them over especially if they are blue or red lights.

Some near pure sativas like a Kali Mist take up to 14 weeks to flower out and would have much smaller buds at 3 weeks than a short term indica tho the last 4 weeks would bulk up most impressively if the grower is aware of it's flowering cycle.

:peace:

Tap water coming in at 5.8, and the nutes bring it down to about 4.5 so I'm pretty sure I need it lol. Trying to keep ph about 6.3

Back
Top Bottom