Slow & stretched growth of seedlings: please help

Jewgrow

420 Member
I’m a first time grower and when looking at everyone else’s seedlings their leaves are right up against the first set, while mine are stretched and the leaves grow farther apart. I’m wondering what I’m doing wrong and I’m sure it’s lack of light, but I wanna fix it ASAP. I’m almost two weeks into it btw

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    399.5 KB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    455.5 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    429 KB · Views: 74
Welcome to 420,JG :welcome:
It is lack of light causing the stretching-for some reason,plants growing in a windowsill
seem to do that more often than not -if you could put them out on the other side of the glass,they'll stop stretching....
IF you can't do that,a few LED bulbs about 4" above them will also stop the stretch-but soon you'll either need a real growlight,or they'll need to be put out in the sun.
You can transplant them and just bury them a little deeper to shorten up those stems-but you'll need to do something soon-they're almost to the point where they're going to fall over-you might consider staking them up before they do..

Welcome to 420,JG :welcome:
It is lack of light causing the stretching-for some reason,plants growing in a windowsill
seem to do that more often than not -if you could put them out on the other side of the glass,they'll stop stretching....
IF you can't do that,a few LED bulbs about 4" above them will also stop the stretch-but soon you'll either need a real growlight,or they'll need to be put out in the sun.
You can transplant them and just bury them a little deeper to shorten up those stems-but you'll need to do something soon-they're almost to the point where they're going to fall over-you might consider staking them up before they do..
Thank you so much. I’m due for some lights soon and I’m getting them in a few days, how do you recommend I stake them? Or should I repot right now and bury them a bit deeper? Thank you again!

You're going to have to repot sooner or later,so might as well do it soon-I'd wait till the new light gets here,though-don't want them stretching in their new pots...
To stake them up now,just get some of those thin bamboo skewers (or any other kind of stick,really)
and then loosely tie them to it to hold them up till transplant time.
If you've got a dollar tree store near, you can get a big pack of skewers and a big pack of those fuzzy crafts pipecleaners to tie them to the sticks with,all for a $2.00 investment.

Back
Top Bottom