Slylikeafox Promix Soil Cali/OG Kush 70% Sativa - 2018

Well here I am almost at the end of week 2.

The girls are doing well. I added 500ML of just water today. This will carry them through until Friday when i Up pot them to 5gal Pots.

So far other than topping # 1s which are doing great. All 3 look to have heavy growth. Really having fun with this.

The # 2s i am LSTing continue to grow well. ecery day i need to move the hold downs on them. they seem to add about 1/2'' to 1 inch of side ways growth per day.

Leaves are soft and feel almost velvety. I think this is good. Very nice color on the fan leaves and nice light green growth.

Plans for this week include:

Re-potting all 6 on Friday to 5 Gal pots
Start with week 3 nutes
Start LST on # 1s Maybe still thinking about this. Currently they are just creating the 3rd node after their topping. I am still considering just main lining these 3 to see what it gives me.

Oh so many decisions so little time Haha.

Still haven't heard from any LED growers whether having the Bloom switch on during Veg helps in ANY fashion. Hope to hear from someone. All ideas are welcome.

Now for the best part!! the pictures.
GC # 1

GC # 2

DP # 1
DP # 2

Cali OG # 1

Cali OG # 2

Funny how we are both in the same stage. They all look amazing. Im so afraid of over watering. I use a soil moist meter to play it safe.

Yes i agree being new at this sure adds an extra level of learning. (not to touch).

Its like being a kid with a new toy you've wanted for christmas Haha.

So far i have't gone that far, but i do tend to visit them often throughout the day (getting less now that i'm a bit more comfortable) yah right.

Best advice learn to read your plants. me i check the feel of the leaves as well as feeling the weight of the pot. so far this has helped determine the "right" time to water. Also make sure to water at about the same time every day. seems to work so far.

Keep it Frosty all:cool:

I read all of your posts and you asked for input. I'm just throwing 2 cents around to a few things.

"7. Don't try to many things at the same time otherwise you won't know what went right/wrong"

This is debatable. I do two at once. Some problems you run into can take days for the plant to come out of the stress of said "problem", even weeks. So if you are trying to correct the problem and your wrong, you just stressed your plant for two weeks with more damage because you were wrong to begin with. I usually at least go from two points of attack. full blast with your original thought and half with a secondary that you think it might be. Like say you think it's a nitrogen deficiency, but in reality, it's too much light, like what just happened when you hit them with your bloom lights (try to explain that in a minute). Now your plants have too much nitrogen, you didn't solve the problem and now you have two problems that are stressing the plants. With a secondary at half way, you go a couple a days with no change, and then you can go hmm and reverse it to see if it helps.

"I have been lifting the LEDs so they a bit higher than recommended from the manufacturer (26" vs 18-24") it seems to have helped a bit with the tight spacing of my nodes, but i can't tell for sure."

The further your lights are away depending on how much light they are getting will always reach for the light. Their "recommendation" for distance from the plant is probably for full bloom. Vegging plants really only need about 400 ppf or about half of bloom lighting. But I would seriously just keep doing it the way you are now. Closer nodes are always a bonus. Who the heck would not want 12" inch buds because all the nodes grew together into one huge donkey dick.

"Has anyone else have issues getting their plants to grow taller vs wide using LEDs."

Read above. They will stretch when they get bigger. You will regret if you try to get them to stretch at this point. They are short and wide because they are actually getting the light they want.

"May try adding the bloom switch (added red spectrum for plant growth) Ideas? Thoughts?"

Plants always need all points of the spectrum. I would add the bloom, but it would either have to be on a dimmer or be able to raise them up to the ceiling. Kinda like... in veg 75 grow/25 bloom and when you switch to bloom do the opposite 75 bloom/25 veg spectrum.

"Next question.

Is Cal/mag required for LED Grows? lots of information, but like always many different ideas on how things should work"

cal/mag is always required for marijuana. Light systems do not make a difference on that. Foiler feed them with it every three days or when you water 1 hour after the lights go on. The usual reason why there are so many different ideas on it is because people do not take into account the different styles of grow. Like the guys using doc's mix probably do not have to use it very much. The problem with me for example is, because I'm hydro/drip system, I have to keep adding mycro's, enzymes, and other crap to my water which is already there in their soil living all the time. Those things are what make the plant able to accept cal/mag up through the root system. Obviously, raise your lights a little until it dries off the leaves. At the same time, your plants look great so I wouldn't worry about it. If they start getting lighter in color when they get a little bigger, then I would start using it.

"he watered therefore needing to water every 2nd day vs every 3rd day like I do now.

Which method works the best? Thoughts anyone?"

Get a drip system and forget about it. jk. I don't understand the question. Do your plants not look great? yes. Then who gives a fuck that this guy grew crappy weed. again. kidding. Seriously though, who cares. Your plants like it. You like it. So...

"LED lights
Is it better to run with the bloom switch on all the time or run the lights as suggested with only the growth light and then adding the bloom only during Flowering"

What is your system again? I talked about this already, but I might be able to give you an alternative.

Thanks CW

I know i'm doing good because my girls are loving it. its like being a new father you ask questions even though your child is just doing their thing.

With the LEDs and adding bloom switch and raising/lowering them. i felt maybe the plants should grow taller. Me not thinking that thick and bushy was a good trait during veg. Now that you have mentioned small internodial spacing as being what growers want. I'm good with that again makes sense to me that i will gain stretch once they go to bloom.

Led Height again the manufacturer shows heights for seedlings, veg and bloom. But being the new father its question, question, question to ensure i don't do the dumb thing and although the BOOK tells you what to do human nature says wait a minute i'm a free thinker lets re-invent the wheel.

It's good to have others question what you are doing because it causes you to look at things with a different view.

Regarding Cal/Mag and the rest of the Micro nutes that the plants require. i am using General Organics Nutes which say they have all the Micro nutes that plant need including Calcium and Magnesium. GO does recommend using Fumic Acid )40ml/4L) once during veg and once during Bloom. Some of the other brands actually tell you to add Cal/Mag to their product. Hence the reason for clarification. Is there a way to tell if your plants require Cal/Mag prior to giving it to them. Does it hurt them to give them a dose just because?

I will be looking into either a drip system or something that just gives them X amount every 1-3 days. I like automated for some things. Won't stop me from touching thou haha.

What medium are you using for your drip?

Thanks for the advice and your thoughts. Clarified many things for me.

Keep it Frosty:cool::thanks:

Well another big day.

Re-potted all the girls into their final home. Lowered and re-set lighting.

Tomorrow will be the beginning of their week 3 feed which will also include adding fulvic acid to the nute mix. i have debated Cal/mag but currently I am not noticing any deficiencies in the plants so until tomorrow the struggle goes on Haha.

Will check temps and RH in a couple of hrs just to ensure light and fans are properly set.

Now for pictures.
Root Ball

# 1s front DP, left Cali OG, and back is GC

# 2s Same layout as above

Grow tent #1s on left

I'll just crawl in there and talk to them. I'm the plant whisperer!!!

They look great......

Well here I am Day 1 of week 3 veg

Today watered all 6 plants with the week 3 GO Nute program
10ml grow, 5ml micro, 3ml bloom.
to this i also added 1.5ml of aqueous hydrogen peroxide 35%. This is to enhance roots and stem growth as it adds a huge amount of oxygen to the root system.

The transplant yesterday didn't seem to have given them any sort of shock which i'm grateful for.

I've added 2 new plants to the line up that i rescued from my wife Haha sorry Hun. They are a week younger than mine, but you'll see below. i'm not holding my breath trying to save them.

Oh and i also throw a picture in to how my day started:(:eek:

Now for pictures

#1s

#2s

#3s newest addition

Booster

18" of fresh snow!!!!!!!!

Ok, question..... will H2O2 kill mycorrhizae?

Looking good except the newest additions, you may need to discuss the situation with them quite a bit. :yummy:

Looking good except the newest additions, you may need to discuss the situation with them quite a bit. :yummy:
Well i've done some reading now and i'm not sure i should have added it. Buddy said he always did when he grew, Oh well we will see in a day or 2 what happens.

Just in case does anyone know how to add mycorrhizae back in if required.

Crap it's tough being a Noobyo_O

H2O2 will kill all nuts in the soil and bacterias ect... A friend had a root rot problem and people on here told my friend to use H2O2 to kill everything bad(and good) in the soil but I'm not 100% sure about this

You can purchase water soluble mycorrhizae on Amazon (old age organics or something like that).

No harm or foul, if you did exterminate them. You can put them back. I would use that a couple of days later just for my own sanity.

EDIT: and you can't have too many mycorrhizae!!

You can purchase water soluble mycorrhizae on Amazon (old age organics or something like that).

No harm or foul, if you did exterminate them. You can put them back. I would use that a couple of days later just for my own sanity.

EDIT: and you can't have too many mycorrhizae!!
yeah exactly! you can always put them back in, no harm done just need those microbes back in :high-five:

well so far the girls are all doing well

Today i
Mainlined and pruned all my #1s
LST'd all my #2s
Let them grow 3s

Added 1l of 1/2 solution week 3 to all 6 plants. Also added 1/4 solution to the #3s (added a couple of days ago)

Now for pictures
1s

2s

GC 1 side view

GC 1 Mainlined

DP 1 Mainlined

Cali OG 1 Mainlined

Keep it frosty All:cool::rollit:

Hey Slylafox,
Looking good!
I'm trying your friends suggestion and for me, it's really helping. I was always watering to runoff. Now I'm hitting each pot every day or two with just a jug orc1/2 jug. Its also helping me get em all closer to the same timing so that's awesome for mixing and feeding!!! Glad I popped by and saw that. I almost or did just kill my seedlings by going to runoff. I wish I'd just splashed them. I took down one I killed and yea no roots where it was wet....such a simple task but means so much!
Anyway, thanks for the post, it helped me.
Cheers!

:cheer::reading420magazine::rollit:

Well here I am Day 1 of week 3 veg

Today watered all 6 plants with the week 3 GO Nute program
10ml grow, 5ml micro, 3ml bloom.
to this i also added 1.5ml of aqueous hydrogen peroxide 35%. This is to enhance roots and stem growth as it adds a huge amount of oxygen to the root system.

The transplant yesterday didn't seem to have given them any sort of shock which i'm grateful for.

I've added 2 new plants to the line up that i rescued from my wife Haha sorry Hun. They are a week younger than mine, but you'll see below. i'm not holding my breath trying to save them.

Oh and i also throw a picture in to how my day started:(:eek:

Now for pictures
Snow Day

#1s

#2s

#3s newest addition

Booster

18" of fresh snow!!!!!!!!

THEY LOOK SO NICE. I want to :volcano-smiley:them. keep it up!

Back
Top Bottom