TropicPine

420 Member
2x2x4 tent for the use of bringing up a single male plant. I’m looking for any input/improvements to this idea.

Equipment
-2x2x4 AC infinity Tent
-Migro Aray 2 Light
-doesn’t need an in-line fan, but maybe a very small fan for seedling stage
-Daylight Fluorescent light for seeding stage.
-A 2 gallon fabric pot for the final male

Process
-start seeds of single variety in soil plugs under humidity dome. (Treat as I normally treat seedlings for 1 month)
-Select a wide range of seedlings (not all, because intentionally planted more seeds than needed to “pheno hunt”)
-transplant selection into 1/2 gallon containers and veg under 18/6 for 2 weeks (or just tall enough for several nodes to have formed)
-Switch to 12/12 and identify females and remove them
-keep remaining males, while carefully observing for differences, and when a decision is made as to who the “Keeper” is, carefully remove the rest
-Let final Male “Keeper” finish producing pollen with as minimal handling as possible, collect and label when finished
-clean tent for next round

Is there any gaps in this plan, things that I missed, or equipment that would help? Thank you!

2x2x4 tent for the use of bringing up a single male plant. I’m looking for any input/improvements to this idea.

Equipment
-2x2x4 AC infinity Tent
-Migro Aray 2 Light
-doesn’t need an in-line fan, but maybe a very small fan for seedling stage
-Daylight Fluorescent light for seeding stage.
-A 2 gallon fabric pot for the final male

Process
-start seeds of single variety in soil plugs under humidity dome. (Treat as I normally treat seedlings for 1 month)
-Select a wide range of seedlings (not all, because intentionally planted more seeds than needed to “pheno hunt”)
-transplant selection into 1/2 gallon containers and veg under 18/6 for 2 weeks (or just tall enough for several nodes to have formed)
-Switch to 12/12 and identify females and remove them
-keep remaining males, while carefully observing for differences, and when a decision is made as to who the “Keeper” is, carefully remove the rest
-Let final Male “Keeper” finish producing pollen with as minimal handling as possible, collect and label when finished
-clean tent for next round

Is there any gaps in this plan, things that I missed, or equipment that would help? Thank you!
So put that plan together @TropicPine , and see what develops.,
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom