Small room

Paganini, how easy is it to get fluoro lights there?

Even the 4 ft shop lights will grow and flower pot but the yields won't be as good. They can be up against the walls instead of overhead as well and just cover with some mosquito netting so the leaves can't touch the bulbs and slowly burn.

Not the best but very doable. Plenty of growers do pretty good with CFLs, T-5s, T-8s and even the old T-12s.

Each tube from my T-12s put out 3000 lumens of 6500K light and I grew a lot of pot with them for a couple years 12 years ago then got HID lights almost free from a friend. I still use the CFLs or tubes to veg my plants then under the HPS for flower.

L8r

Funny, I buy electronic stuff from China and the shipping has been either free or very little. I remember purchasing an FTA box which was about the same size and weight of these lights with free shipping.

Anyway, I am turning my eyes to the WELLPAR 600W. If anyone has any knowledge on this, please let me know. I do see the diodes are about the same as the mars hydro.

Well, just to not leave this thread hanging with no outcome, I was able to track a mars hydro II 400W and being shipped to Puerto Rico for just under $25. I hope this light will cover one plant growing as a hydroponic growth and another with conventional prepared dirt. I want to see the difference between the two systems. Now I am going to do my search of how to use this light properly. I will open another thread of how to use it with veggie growth and how to change to flowering.

Well, just to not leave this thread hanging with no outcome, I was able to track a mars hydro II 400W and being shipped to Puerto Rico for just under $25. I hope this light will cover one plant growing as a hydroponic growth and another with conventional prepared dirt. I want to see the difference between the two systems. Now I am going to do my search of how to use this light properly. I will open another thread of how to use it with veggie growth and how to change to flowering.

I have grown both ways side by side with clones from the same mother before Paganini and the DWC plant kicks the other's butt every time by double the yield or better. Both started and vegged the same before flowering and feeding the exact same things. Under HPS light tho I would expect similar results with any other lighting system.

L8r

OK my friends, here it is:
Got me two Hydro Mars II 400W each.
Got me a General Hydroponics Dual Diaphragm Air Pump High Output 320 GPH
Got me some 1 1/2" by 1 1/2" Rockwool squares
Got me some 3.75" Grow baskets
Got me some extended clay pellets
Got me a BlueLab Combo Meter pH EC TDS PPM Temp CF -Blue Lab nutrient electrode
Got me Reflective Mylar Hydroponic Wall/Ceiling Covering
Got me a VenTech 4" Inch Duct Booster Inline Fan w/ Carbon Scrubber Air Filter
Got me a Active Aqua 250 GPH Submersible Water Pump
Ordered me some feminized auto candy kush seeds from Herbie

I still need the air bubble stones which is no brainer.

Also need fertilizer for DWC Hydroponics and PH UP/Down stuff so anyone out there, please advise on the fertilizer and the PH controlling liquids. Oh yes, and whatever I may be missing here will be greatly appreciated.

Something that I have not seen here and may be added to my grow room is I am making a swamp cooler (miniature) because is very warm here the whole year. I will be monitoring the temp and humidity with this. If it works, I will post pics of the cooler step by temp so anyone can copy it.

Ready to rock Paganini!

I use Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect nutes for my DWC and soilless growing and it's dead easy and almost foolproof. The make the basic 3-part nutes, Grow, Micro and Bloom, 2-part Sensi Grow/Bloom is a step up and the 2-part Connoisseur Grow/Bloom is a step up from that. I'm using Sensi Grow for veg and the Connie for flowering. With those I use the Rhino Skin for the silica, Big Bud for boosting flowers and some cheaper CalMag made by Techniflora tho I'm almost out and will get the AN one next. Never worry about the pH at all after a dozen years of using their older 3-part and always fiddling with the pH. Wasn't that bad but still had to keep an eye on it.

Did you get calibration solution to check your unit for pH and ppm? And some storage solution to keep it in between uses so it doesn't dry out.

Now to get it set up and sprout some beans. :thumb:

L8r

Thanks Oldmeduser, frankly I'll tell you the truth. I dedicated myself last night to watch youtube videos on DWC to start picking up knowledge on it and came across a video of someone that received his seeds package and was busted by the government with a note saying they found cannabis seeds inside. That made me very nervous and could not sleep last night. I did purchase the insurance from Herbies and hope all goes well, but still very worry about it. After spending so much on all this stuff and then no seeds will be horrible because down here I know absolutely nothing on were to find at least seeds from baggies.

I also had a doctor's appointment last night at the VA hospital and talked to the doctor about cannabis for pain. He told me that will help me very much but that no one is prescribing it. The governor finally approved mmj in PR but for the next step it will take years.

Thank you OttawaGreen, makes me feel better. Just received a tracking # from herbies, so that is nice.

OldMedUser, I guess the PH kit suppose to bring a start up cleaner, etc. Probably will be for once or twice use just like ink in new printers. I am planning to keep it submerged and clean/calibrate once every two weeks. I already got me a couple of bottles of PH up/down. All I need now is the nutrients kit and have been looking at General Hydroponics.

I am extremely glad I am looking for the information here in this site and also reading and looking at youtube videos. I just found out that the fertilizer I was going to use (General Hydroponics) has been taken over a poison company. I have decided now to look into Advance Nutrients and read about it some.

Anyone using a non GMO fertilizer for DWC, please let me know which.

Hello OldMedUser:

I did see you mentioned Advance Nutrients. I am leaning for this also since is not GMO based.

The problem I have is that I see so many different things to mix. I thought it was just a two part but in a video I saw several being mixed.

My question to you is, do you really need all the additives they show you or the two parts (I guess is A and B) are enough?

You don't need all the additives Paganini.

I'm using the Sensi Grow for veg and the Connoisseur for flower but when I run out of the Sensi I will get the Connie for veg too.

With those I use the Rhino Skin for the silica, Big Bud for boosting flowers and some cheaper CalMag made by Techniflora tho I'm almost out and will get the AN one next. I also have the OverDrive for later flowering but will use it all up with my current grow and not sure if I'll get it again as I didn't notice a lot of improvement to the resin output.

I'd like to get some Bud Ignitor to go with the Big Bud as getting the budding off to a good start seems to increase final colas size more than anything. Stuff like the VooDoo J?uice is for adding beneficial bacteria which I don't feel would help me much in DWC but I'm told helps prevent root-rot. I chill the nutes to keep rot at bay now where I used to use peroxide regularly but peroxide can destroy the amino acids and other organic things added to the nutes that aren't listed on the labels. The AN website has more info but still not enough IMO.

When I saw your post about maybe using GH I was going to enlighten you about their new parent company. Miracle Grow, but you seem to have that figured out yourself. At least AN proudly shouts out loud about their support for cannabis growers even tho all the other nute companies shun us and them. AN isn't even allowed to attend most hydroponic exhibitions put on by those ass-clowns.

I've been using AN since 2001 and will keep using them as long as I'm growing pot. The minor extra expense adds very little to my overall costs which is mainly the cost of the electricity to grow with. Very expensive here.

Not fretting about pH will save you a lot of grief so don't try to adjust the pH you might read with your pen, Trust the nutes like I do and you'll be happy with the results. I also use only RO or distilled water to eliminate poor water quality causing problems too.

L8r

Thanks a lot my friend. Very good information. I will be using distilled water because I have a healthy stiller system because the water down here has a taste and not very good. I hated to buy those 6 gallons jugs so I would save. I used to go to the place where it is processed at near the rain forest down here. I can not do that now because the pain will not allow me to do so.

I will start with AN A & B parts and will be adding more of the other stuff you mentioned little by little as I am getting familiar with the stuff.

Thanks again

pag u sound like u r fixin to have it going on bro sounds like it will be a nice grow u should start a grow journal my 2 cents i like botanicare cns17 or kind they r organic non gmo and complete with micros a lot of the stuff people add with their base nute is stuff they either know or feel is missing ur plant has diff nute needs depending on the grow stage ur set up affects ur nute needs too i am not real hip to dwc but i can tell u if u running leds u need a cal/mag supplement

Thanks OldMedUser. I did order AN Sensi A and Sensi B but now I see that they have a three different nutes to mix. Did I order the wrong stuff? I hope not because is a gallon of each.

If I should add another thing, please clarify this to me since you have so much experience with DWC and NA nutes.

Back
Top Bottom