Small room

Well, lets see if I can answer to my own question. There are different growth bases and I have chosen Sensi Growth.

I will be using Sensi A and Sensi B along with Voodoo Juice and B-52 All throughout the veggie stage.

I like to add some of the Rhino Skin from the beginning tho they say to start using it in flowering. The silica it supplies is good for the plant in all stages to strengthen the cellular walls and make it more disease and pest resistant. A bit of CalMag tho I think any brand will do for that and I use a brand different than AN tho will likely pay a bit more to get theirs when this one soon runs out.

You will want the Sensi Bloom, or the Connoisseur like I'm using, later on for flowering and some Big Bud at least to pump up the bud production. I've never used the VooDoo or the B-52 but should be good. If I could win a few grand in the lotto I'd go get all the Grand Master line and see what I could do with that. :)

L8r

Paganini:

As for grow space, I use a 2' x 4' closet in a spare bedroom for flowering (12/12) and a free-standing metal wardrobe for veg (18/6). I added a shelf a little over halfway up in the wardrobe for clones and extra plants in veg. I did my first grow under CFLs and got 2 oz of buds and shake from 3 plants that had been pinched and trained to stay low (24" - 30").

Because of the lack of finances for high-end lighting and a heat-control system, I have stayed with the 23w CFLs.

My OG Kush was not autoflower, but the autoflower option sounds like a good idea to have a steady supply of meds and to simplify your grow areas.

I am almost ready to crank this project. Got my seeds yesterday. I am feeling happy, lol. The only thing I am lacking are the lights. I got me a Mars Hydro II 400w from eBay and then two more from Sara so actually will be 3 of them. One for each plant. I suppose to get today the Advanced Nutrients Hobbyist Level Grower Bundle which is one liter each to go along with the Parts A and B Sensi. I do not think I am missing anything else but if so, please let me know.

btw, one thing I keep forgetting to ask because I have not been able to find in here is a tutorial of how to start my own Journal. If anyone knows and wants to post here were I can learn, please do so.

This project is taking a bit step backwards due to my wife's input. I am right now building a new room attached to my garage/workshop. It is being made of concrete. I will insulate it with foam sheets inside to cut down on fan noise, exhaust systems and a small old air conditioner I am going to place for it. I am going to wait until Sunday to start germinating the seeds and hope that my LED lights will arrive. If not, I think I can put them under some CFL lights to start the first growing 2 to 4 days.

The excitement is building up in me. Specially because my wife is giving me support on this even if she is so much against the marijuana. She sees the pain I am having and the sleepless nights of me rolling on bed with aches and pain. I believe this is the only natural and answer to these pains.

Your plan sounds good. I make tinctures from the leaves I trim off during veg, and even those give some pain relief in addition to the OTC pain relievers I take, without the THCs. I much prefer to be alert and not dizzy and disoriented. Others in the family use the buds and shake for edibles and smoke.

And CFLs will be more than adequate for seedlings, clones and even veg.

A dedicated grow space sounds great Paganini.

I think you are better off using CFLs to start seedlings anyhow. I get mine going good before getting them under a 400. Waste a lot of light and electricity when there's hardly any green under it and they veg fine under CFLs or fluoro tubes.

Sounds like fun! :)

L8r

Thanks AKgramma.

OMU, is exactly what I will do. We went to the hills and rented a cabin fro 3 days. While up there my wife saw a local PR documentary on cannabis oil and now she wants me to make it because even if she is or was so much against marijuana, she is suffering from arthritis pains. I told her later after I can get my first crop done. I started to germinate my 3 seeds today. Also got a card in the mail telling me that my first Hydro Mars II 400W came so I will have to pick it up Monday at the Post Office. I have two more on the way. I figure one set for each plant. My room is going to be 4' X 14'. Is because my workshop is 14' wide and I added four feet to the end. I decided to install a 5k BTUs window air conditioner instead of the swamp cooler because it creates too much humidity. I will start posting pics of the three babies and the room I am building.

btw, the 4' X 14' will be the overall size. I will only have a 3' X 9' grow area for now. The three 400Ws for this area. I can add to it later as I get better at this.

Life is good.

I have pretty bad arthritis too and am hoping to grow some high CBD/lowTHC pot and see how that works. I find edibles work much better for the pain than smoking it tho I only eat some a couple hours before going to bed because I'll get too messed up. Morning pain is usually the worst and if I have a canna cookie before bed it's is much better in when waking up tho I'm usually still stoned but a couple cups of coffee fixes that. :)

A buddy will send me seeds of a few strains he's been growing the last couple of years once I ask so I'm going to hit him up soon tho it may be a few months before I'll have the space to grow more than a couple.

I've had chronic depression for 40 years and a nice sativa dominant works best for that so it will be nice to see if the high CBD strains have any positive effect on that. I used to love getting really bombed but since a little stroke 2 and a half years ago a small toke is plenty or I feel too messed up.

L8r

OMU: I suffer most of what you said, minus the depression. Now in early flower of my second grow, I am concentrating on growing larger Ladies, which isn't all that hard, considering the Clones are extremely bushy and strong. Hoping with better nutes (organic) and larger bins (3.5 gallon) to get a better yield.

My experiments in pain meds include so far:

Vodka and fan leaf tinctures (takes the edge off without the high)
Vodka, fan leaves and trics left in the jar I used for shake (just started that to brew)

Most of my first grow was claimed by the family, all of which is curing in Mason jars, but the second grow... I'm looking to tincture some buds and sugar leaves in with the leaves, enough to give more relief.

I assume you have had a lot more experience than I, so what techniques are you using to maximize the CBNs and lessen the THC?

I didn't have much luck making oil or hash, just ended up with a caked-on crust that wouldn't scrape off the crockpot. :-( A real waste of an oz of shake!

Wow OMU, I see where you are coming from. I had a heart attack when I was 40. After that I changed my diet. Quit drinking whiskey. I then started to run every afternoon until I was then running 5 miles a day. I then took up snow skiing but moved to the Caribbean and then started to scuba while kept running my 5 miles. Now my running days are over. Many surgeries and I ache all over, lol. I do feel I can do many things if I did not have the pains.

About depression, been there, done that. Worked in management for years and that really screws you up big times I was twice in the mental hospital for two weeks each. A good thing I retired at 58 due to bones braking all the time. lol. The only thing I drink is red wine at night. A couple of cups and then to bed.

I didn't have much luck making oil or hash, just ended up with a caked-on crust that wouldn't scrape off the crockpot. :-( A real waste of an oz of shake![/QUOTE]

AKgramma, That is sad but funny. lol

OMU: I suffer most of what you said, minus the depression. Now in early flower of my second grow, I am concentrating on growing larger Ladies, which isn't all that hard, considering the Clones are extremely bushy and strong. Hoping with better nutes (organic) and larger bins (3.5 gallon) to get a better yield.

My experiments in pain meds include so far:

Vodka and fan leaf tinctures (takes the edge off without the high)
Vodka, fan leaves and trics left in the jar I used for shake (just started that to brew)

Most of my first grow was claimed by the family, all of which is curing in Mason jars, but the second grow... I'm looking to tincture some buds and sugar leaves in with the leaves, enough to give more relief.

I assume you have had a lot more experience than I, so what techniques are you using to maximize the CBNs and lessen the THC?

I didn't have much luck making oil or hash, just ended up with a caked-on crust that wouldn't scrape off the crockpot. :-( A real waste of an oz of shake!

Not much you can do about the THC/CBD levels other than growing a strain with the levels you want. When THC breaks down it turns into CBN which isn't much good medicinally. When you see trichs going amber that's your THC degrading to CBN. If people want couch-lock highs they should grow couch-lock strains and not waste electricity and grow space waiting on amber. Trichs will slowly degrade at room temp so chop the plant at it's prime and just wait if you want degraded THC. Want to degrade it faster, leave it in a jar in a sunny window for a while. That will degrade the crap out of it. lol

Vodka isn't all that good to make tinctures or oil with. Too much water in it at 60%water/40% alcohol, 80 proof. We can get EverClear here that's only 5%water/95% alcohol or 190 proof. It's basically undiluted vodka but made with grains instead of potatoes. In BC you used to have to get a note from your doctor to buy EverClear but I'm not sure what the deal is these days. Just tell the doc you wanted to make liqueurs and he'd give you a note. That's really what you want to do with it anyhow. :) There's lots of descriptions of how to make oil etc in the Concentrates forum but the latest post are likely for the newer hi-tech types they make these days that don't really interest me.

Wow OMU, I see where you are coming from. I had a heart attack when I was 40. After that I changed my diet. Quit drinking whiskey. I then started to run every afternoon until I was then running 5 miles a day. I then took up snow skiing but moved to the Caribbean and then started to scuba while kept running my 5 miles. Now my running days are over. Many surgeries and I ache all over, lol. I do feel I can do many things if I did not have the pains.

About depression, been there, done that. Worked in management for years and that really screws you up big times I was twice in the mental hospital for two weeks each. A good thing I retired at 58 due to bones braking all the time. lol. The only thing I drink is red wine at night. A couple of cups and then to bed.

I had rheumatic fever when I was about 12 and was told at the time that I would have heart and joint problems when I got older. Joint problems started when I was in my early 20s but a little over 2 years ago when my lung collapsed they thought it was my heart and did all sorts of tests and the doc said my heart was as good as a 30 year old's and I was almost 60 then. A week after that I had a small stroke and the scan I had said it was the 5th one. Kinda worrying. Ischemic brain disease they call it. Still got refused disability but hoping to win my appeal next month. They'll owe me almost 2 years worth and a nice chunk of that will go to growing stuff! :)

I never was much of a runner but did a lot of bike riding all my life and still do some tho mostly on the recumbent bike in the shop when I get around to it. Dangerous out there on the highway and the gravel roads suck.

What was up with the bones breaking? Don't take just calcium for the bones. Need extra magnesium, vitamin D3 and vit K2 to get the calcium to plant itself in your bones properly. The years of heavy drinking I've done did a number on my bone density too. I take quite a few different supplements especially zinc to keep my heart and man parts healthy and get a full night's sleep without the many trips to the bathroom. Turmeric caps to help the joints too as I can't stomach arthritis meds.

L8r

Osteoporosis is my problem. I do take all you mentioned. Also we are big on Turmeric. I have lots growing on the back yard.

I biked a lot back in the 80's when I lived in upstate NY. Down here is a different story. A lot of bikers has been killed here by crazy drivers. I do ride mine once in a while but with in the subdivision. No way I will go out of it with a bike.

I watched a few oil making videos and liked the one they make with coconut oil. My wife makes coconut oil from scratch then with the powder she makes coconut flour which is very good for us with diabetes problems. I love cakes, cookies and all the sweets but can't enjoy them anymore. So this coconut flour is great. Also have stevia growing in my back yard along with papayas, guanabana (graviola), limes and a few thing like gynura procumbens, Anything that is good for the health we try growing.

Osteoporosis is my problem. I do take all you mentioned. Also we are big on Turmeric. I have lots growing on the back yard.

I biked a lot back in the 80's when I lived in upstate NY. Down here is a different story. A lot of bikers has been killed here by crazy drivers. I do ride mine once in a while but with in the subdivision. No way I will go out of it with a bike.

I watched a few oil making videos and liked the one they make with coconut oil. My wife makes coconut oil from scratch then with the powder she makes coconut flour which is very good for us with diabetes problems. I love cakes, cookies and all the sweets but can't enjoy them anymore. So this coconut flour is great. Also have stevia growing in my back yard along with papayas, guanabana (graviola), limes and a few thing like gynura procumbens, Anything that is good for the health we try growing.

Your growing conditions are just the opposite from mine here in Alaska! Unless one has their own property and can grow at least part of the year in a concealed greenhouse, the rest of the year requires an indoor grow. You won't see any tropical fruits here, except in some of the grocery stores.

You might ask, if it's legal in Alaska, why the concealed greenhouse? At least a couple of reasons, according to the current law. Individual growers are only allowed 6 plants, which must be secured against theft and from view by the public.

As for medications, from my POV, one needs to take a number of herbal supplements along with the OTCs to manage chronic pain. No single med takes all of it away. But every little bit helps. Tylenol, Alleve, Tumeric, MJ .... whatever combination it takes to make life bearable.

Back
Top Bottom