Smell of drying weed in apartment

Tent will be fine.
I dont use any fan when drying other than a filters fan for smell.
And thats not on all the time.
Control the r/h in the tent and your be fine.
For a nice 7/10 day dry you dont really want it in a none hummid place.
Dries way to fast.
Always found fans in dry rooms dry bud way to fast.
As long as your buds are spaced nice and you monitor r/h its the best place for it the tent.
For dealing with the smell.

Np having to deal with smells myself.
I would advise cutting/trimming in the tent also with fan filter on.
When you move these ladies they sure do stink.
(guess im just para) ;)

It lasts some time but will need a recharge.
Or replacement of the charcoal.
When you start smelling bud coming out of it instead of that carbon smell its time.

Yep, sometimes when you try to cover up a smell, you end up smelling 2 things. Like a bathroom, spray some lemon scent, then it smells like lemon and assholes.
( thats not the title of the next Harry Potter book.)

As long as there is a charcoal filter somewhere in the exhaust system you should be OK.

Just mentioning because sometimes growers have an exhaust system which they use for exchanging air but do not have the charcoal filter.
Ok, I just thought of 2 scenarios for drying in my tent. Tell me which sounds better. I can hang the whole plant upside down and dry it that way. Or, trim all the buds, then put them in this round mesh thing that has like 4 or 5 levels, and put that in the tent.

If your r/h is high dont hang the whole lady.
If the r/h is low in there hang her whole.
Never been a fan of a nets unless you have real issues with r/h .
Rabbit dont win the race etc ;)
Agin with trimming i say low r/h leave it high trim.
Ok, I just thought of 2 scenarios for drying in my tent. Tell me which sounds better. I can hang the whole plant upside down and dry it that way. Or, trim all the buds, then put them in this round mesh thing that has like 4 or 5 levels, and put that in the tent.

Hi, in a week or so I'm going to harvest 1 plant. I live in an apt. so I'm concerned about the weed smell. Can I hang it in my grow tent with the exhaust on? Maybe open one of the bottom vents in the tent for better circulation? Please advise, thanks!
I dry my harvests inside of the grow tent. Generally I turn the fans on extremely low so that the air exchange is minimal, so they don't dry out too fast. This helps keep the smell inside the tent and with the carbon filter you can't really smell anything outside of the tent. Also makes it easier to control the humidity if you have a humidifier with climate control settings.

Like many other good growers have mentioned the fan & filter for tent drying really helps for odour control :thumb:

May need to look into the slow air dry process & this will cover ideally temperatures, relative humidity for this period.

Stick an ozium tub somewhere or 2. Apartment walls are thin. We don't realize just how much they smell, too-especially to people who don't smoke.... They absorb smells yet don't have any perfumes and are powerful enough to be stuck in the corner of that room w the tent and take care of the whole room

Stick an ozium tub somewhere or 2. Apartment walls are thin. We don't realize just how much they smell, too-especially to people who don't smoke.... They absorb smells yet don't have any perfumes and are powerful enough to be stuck in the corner of that room w the tent and take care of the whole room
Yeah, thanks. After mulling it over, I ordered a tub of Ona. I think it would be fine without Ona since I decided to dry it in the grow tent with the fan on, but a little extra insurance won't hurt.

I dry my harvests inside of the grow tent. Generally I turn the fans on extremely low so that the air exchange is minimal, so they don't dry out too fast. This helps keep the smell inside the tent and with the carbon filter you can't really smell anything outside of the tent. Also makes it easier to control the humidity if you have a humidifier with climate control settings.
Thanks!

Same thing EVERY YEAR. I use 2 Large fans on Low to keep the air Moving I do it in my Garage 12 hours on. 12 Off. this year I just finished 6.4 LBS. MAX was 4 Days. then a group of friends trimmed for 8 Hours. each got a OZ Payment. I make Hash PUCS about the size of a fat Nickel that I strain all the shake through into a childs putty press from a hobby store then Heat with a hair dryer to melt. I make Gifts for friends .VERY POPULAR.

Back
Top Bottom