Smell

Hey, I just remembered back in 4th grade science class when we put blue food coloring in water and stuck a bunch of white flower stems in it. That was on Friday, and on Monday the flowers were blue.

i think we need to know a bit more about your set up @FoolishWise Guy

ie: is it a tent / closet / other space you set up - how large is the space - how is the extraction fan and carbon scrubber set - is it vented to indoor or outdoor - is it a shared space in a room - are you using a lung room etc ..

quick pic of couple standard ways to set grow room / tent ventilation up ..

does any of that look similar ?

btw when you speak of a carbon scrubber - the inch size refers to the round inlet and outlet duct diameter, ten inches supports an insanely huge scrubber. black hole sized. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Read it the other day when you posted it. Interesting and it does make sense the way you explain it, just not sure that I can go with it. You mention that it can impart the flavor or scent by being close to a grow or cure. That would be the odor molecules settling on the surface of the flowers and leaves and not being taken up by the roots.

I keep thinking that if I could come up with a product that would give even more of a lemon taste and smell to Lemon Kush there would be money to be made. Or money to be made by having an orange juice concentrate or powder that can be mixed with the water during the last couple of weeks which would give a nice orange or sweet citrus taste to the buds.
Hmmmm ....I wonder if cooking essences in the res water in last few weeks would work for you in making buds smell and maybe even taste more lemony or citrus. Cause cooking essences are basically fruit smell and flavor extracts from whatever item you want the essence from. Mmmm chocolate smelling flavored buds! :) FAK it I'm gonna try it next grow! :)

For reference: Both of the above diagrams show an exhaust filter, left one is just mislabeled. Left is the recommended way to go.
Of course I do it like the right side but everything attached to the wall so nothing falls on my plants and I dont hit my head either.

I got a 20x18 grow space lol .... just a lot easier to have equipment handy so I dont have to move plants to get to it. Know what I'm sayin.
I just run the ducting over the top of the tent into the top hole and wire it in place. The fans and filters are sitting on the floor or attached to the wall outside the grow space. Then if I have a need to work on them for some odd reason I'm not gonna mess up my plants or have to move them.
Murphy's law it wood be when they are so large I couldn't get to the filter or the fan.

I just stand the filter on end on the floor attach the fan to the wall run ducting

biggest indoor i was ever involved with was two 8x8 flower rooms - exhausted into a lung room - exchanged into a second room - with one 8x6 veg, and one 4x2 seedling / clone room - which was then carbon scrubbed and exhausted outdoor.

ran a big 6 inch scrubber and exhaust fan on the final room exhausted outdoor. there were active fans between the two lung rooms but no scrubber between them. each of the growing rooms had in / out fans to the lung rooms, and homeboy scrubbers on the outs.

there was no odour in the building unless you were standing in one of the lung rooms. none.

there was less outdoor. but we grew piles of plants nearby the exhaust outlet. i really don't think it would have mattered. we used a great carbon scrubber and moved alot - alot - of air.

we never had issues. suburban / semi-urban neighbourhood. there was loads of planning went into it though.

I completely understand the need for this thread but boy I love the smell so much it is hard for me to see it as a bad thing we need to get rid of. Rather bottle sell and wear proudly. Or hell just roll in it like a dog who rolls in whatever they find good and smelly.

my pops and i set up the flower room at their place. exhausts outdoor. works great. could probably scrub twice the size no issues.

mom keeps opening the door to the room up to get the aroma all through the house. she thinks it's fantastic. figures it makes the whole place smell great. especially in winter. they have a biggish place for here and the whole place is filled with weed odour when i'm in a run. sigh. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Sounds great... when is dinner?

lol
might go for a burger in a bit... there's a good late night place with covid precautions even .. :love:

Back
Top Bottom