Smokie Zebra's Organic Mixed Grow

smokiezebra

420 Member
Hey everyone! Welcome to my first journal here. I do hope you'll stick around!

Since we can have legally 4 plants per household, I decided it's time to jump back in. My last grow was a large no till container, but unfortunately I don't have the space for that kind of fun this time.

I'll be tackling 2 autos, and 2 photos for this grow. Both picked specifically for chronic pain, I'm going to be using low stress training, and fimming to maximize yields in the small space I have.

Let's get to the basics!

What strain is it? Auto Green Wild Shark and Blueberry OG (photoperiod)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Both hybrids learning more on the indica side.
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor, in a 2'x3'x5' tent.
Soil or Hydro? Organic soilless.
What is in your mix? 4 gallons of peat, 8 gallons of coco coir, 12 gallons of earth worm castings, and 12 gallons of rice hulls. Amended with Gaia Green All Purpose 4-4-4.
What size pot(s)? Autos are in their final pots, 5 & 7 gallons. The photos will be starting in a 1 gallon and moving their way up to the 5 & 7 gallons.
Size of light? 300W cheap led. I'll likely be adding another light along the way.
Light schedule? 18/6 for autos/veg and 12/22 for flower.
How often are you watering? Daily. I don't want to lose beneficial microbes by letting them dry out.
Type and strength of ferts used? None. I'm feeding the "soil" instead of the plant this go. Amendments are Gaia Green All Purpose 4-4-4, and Jobe's Organic 3-7-4.

I decided to try planting the autos without germinating first this time. One girl popped today, but the second hasn't yet. If she hasn't popped tonight, I'll germinate another Green Wild Shark in paper towel like I'm used to.

Can't wait to share this grow with you and hopefully increase my knowledge along the way!

Hello smokiezebra, I do hope you'll let me jump in and follow.....
It's the part in quote that draws my interest.
How often are you watering? Daily. I don't want to lose beneficial microbes by letting them dry out.

Because of the way my soil is built, the bacteria, microbes, fungi, etc is what feeds the plants. If my medium dries out, it then kills off what's feeding my girls. I also don't want runoff when I water. I want to keep all the good stuff in the pot.

I need to grab some hay for the top as mulch so I can bottom water, and we'll see if that allows me to water less. Not super easy to find in the middle of winter though.

Back
Top Bottom