so, whats up in n.c.?

FrankDaTank89

so I went to my state, good old land of the pine, and I saw no post. Anyone know anything about any type of local groups, bills in the making, etc for n.c.? I would love to participate in anything here to take legal action for my own state. Is there even talks of medicinal uses to be legalized here?

I would run a congressional race search for N.C., find out who is running and write them some e-mails and find out who is for freedom. Then post in your state and maybe we will see some group activity there.

sweet, ill try that out. thanks boss!

We've got a few things in the hopper

1) The pro-pot Libertarian candidate for Governer named Munger needs support. The Libertarian Party of North Carolina — Mike Munger for North Carolina Governor

2) State Reps Jones; Bordsen, Church, and Harrison introduced HJR 2405, to establish a committe to evaluate MMJ in North Carolina. All of us North Carolinians should call or email our state rep's and ask them to support this effort.

3) A little late for this year, but the Million MJ March is the week after 4/20 at the state house in Raleigh. We need more people showing up and asserting their rights

I checked out the link for Mark Munger that Soniq420 left, and since they won't let him in the debates, I contacted WRAL to voice my complaint, and this is what they sent back.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the candidates participating in our Gubernatorial Debate on September 9. At WRAL, we believe that issues are at the heart of our political process and we give careful consideration to all of our election coverage. Our threshold for inclusion in the debate is that a candidate should have 10% support among likely voters in a WRAL News poll or another poll conducted by an independent entity. Currently, Mr. Munger, the Libertarian candidate, does not meet that threshold and therefore, will not participate in the debate. However, Mr. Munger will be invited to participate in other platforms which will give his views and positions exposure. He currently has a candidate profile on WRAL.com and he will be invited to record an issue-message for voters to view on demand on our website. Other coverage will be afforded as we draw closer to Election Day.

Best regards

On the issue of Mike being excluded from the debates, you are so right and this is only the tip of the iceberg. When I registered to vote in NC, I registered Libertarian and they sent me a card that said independant. I called and complained and refiled and they sent me another one that said the same thing.

I talked to Mike about this (he was at the State fair) and he said that with out 10% they won't even let people register at Libertarian. Just another way to protect the mainsteam parties.

Mike is very pro freedom (pot etal) and he's got my vote - we've got to start somewhere

I don,t beleive there are but three parties now, they are trying to blend us all into the three. Next thing you know they blend those together, then you have communism, just under a different name. We have to get the young people to get out and vote for the lesser evil's and get these buttwipe's out of office. Free the weed and the rest of us!

Has there been any new news on this topic? We REALLY need reform here!! I just submitted the automated document via the NORML site requesting our reps to vote yes on this. Hopefully it isn't too little too late. Obviously I will be forwarding that link to all of my friends as well. I too had to register independent. It's a crock.

Keep me posted...hopefully there is something I can do to help, especially with having the convenience of being located here in the triangle.

Peace...:allgood:

Back
Top Bottom