Is there a benefit to growing SOG outside??? I would guess it eliminates popcorn buds and would be easier to keep an eye on things.
SOG is a method adapted to indoor lighting and artificial light cycles and wouldn’t really make sense for outdoor growing.
I only water my coco once/day as needed so don't rough me up coco growers!

I’m barely a coco grower so definitely won’t be roughing up anyone. I had to water thrice daily just because my containers were small and dried out if I didn’t.

wouldn’t really make sense for outdoor growing.
Hey Thanx Weasel!!! When I say outdoors, I should mention that I am still under cover - this year I'm hoping to have a glass roof that is 7' x 12' at about 8' high. My last two grows always got to the glass real fast and I was hoping to eliminate some of the scruffy little stuff and having more access to the interior. But, that said, I also want to let one go "Oh Naturel" just to see what happens. Last year I only had one "good" seed and it was a small plant but productive. My other gals were from low quality bagseed.

93, Weasel said it elegantly in post 12 above now that I re-read and agree - one thing caught my eye was the part about vegging clones for 2 weeks.... I’d say no that’s not gonna happen unless your clone game is really solid and the plants have already become well rooted into whatever your grow media is.

Don’t know if this applies to your setup / strategy but consider that most likely water rooted clones are going to need several weeks to adapt to growing soil roots and they can’t do that well if you are pushing the lights hard trying to veg. everything works great on paper but the plants didn’t get the memo, not trying to be negative here just realistic. hope something here helps you :cheesygrinsmiley:

anyway not a pro by any stretch, my 2 cents worth - keep us posted on your progress!!

SoG from seed you will experience phenotypes which may mean they do not all grow even.

A clone from a strain grown with growth habits observed will help dial in the veg period to expected stretch you might experience in the first few weeks of flowering, obviously the small the plant the lower the yield... so really their is fine tuning point :passitleft:

Look for a strain which is short to medium growing with a high yield with reference to per meter square of 500g plus which has nice main cola.

That one was grown in 2l pot which required watering daily once in flowering about 45cm tall & just under 30 cm wide which yielded 1 oz dry, very airy bud that strain. (400w HPS)

So if in soil 10l pot should be fine with watering every other day if temps/humidity in check, this I might suspect with a 600w or so, ya be using air cooled hoods which might reduce effective growing area to control heat with a close hanging distance for optimal growth/conditions.

Could down size the pot a little, no less than 5l for some extra plants ?

But getting the right set up for the tent 'n' conditions is the optimal point of any grow which will then yield countless surprises :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom